[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Diana Ross Ban

Diana Ross Ban

Surely threads on this lady should be banned. We must know everything we need to know [[& 1000's of things we don't) about her by now.

No she should not be banned. She is Motown but I understand why you put that out.

How would we next know when Mary wants to see her again?

Seriously The Supremes brought Motown to the masses and she was the voice that did it

Just skip way down the page and we’ll find the Monitors and Hattie Littles and the Lewis Sisters and Motown Unreleased

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
    Surely threads on this lady should be banned. We must know everything we need to know [[& 1000's of things we don't) about her by now.
    What a ridiculous statement. If you have no interest in Diana Ross then just avoid the Diana Ross posts. I have no interest in Mary Wilson, so i rarely read the threads about her. It is called freedom of choice. It works for me and i am sure it would work for you too. Be thankful you have the freedom and option to make your own choices. Residents of some countries i have visited are denied such options.

I get sick of the number of posts about anything and everything Supreme or Ross, but no they shouldn't be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    What a ridiculous statement. If you have no interest in Diana Ross then just avoid the Diana Ross posts. I have no interest in Mary Wilson, so i rarely read the threads about her. It is called freedom of choice. It works for me and i am sure it would work for you too. Be thankful you have the freedom and option to make your own choices. Residents of some countries i have visited are denied such options.
    Perfectly stated and composed; each sentence builds on the one previous. And here in the USA quite timely as well. [[Is this the same poster that was offended by Diana Ross being photographed with a 'white' baby?)
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 11-28-2017 at 06:50 AM.

This must be that Trump mentality. You know, if you don't like something to hell with anyone else who does. So Jsmith doesn't want to read about Diana Ross, well apparently no one else should want to either. Well I'm requesting that Ralph delete this ridiculous thread. It is serving no purpose toward the goals of Soulful Detroit's Motown forum.

You're probably right. No, I know you are right!

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    This must be that Trump mentality. You know, if you don't like something to hell with anyone else who does. So Jsmith doesn't want to read about Diana Ross, well apparently no one else should want to either. Well I'm requesting that Ralph delete this ridiculous thread. It is serving no purpose toward the goals of Soulful Detroit's Motown forum.
    But that would miss the point and avoid the trouble that the original poster was probably hoping for. Seriously, this is not an issue that should even be debated. I think the best result would be for the thread to die a quiet death. And anyway, let's face it, without Ross and the Supremes, how lively would the forum be? Just as back in their heyday, it's the Supremes who spark all the interest, nearly.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    And anyway, let's face it, without Ross and the Supremes, how lively would the forum be? Just as back in their heyday, it's the Supremes who spark all the interest, nearly.
    And that's what really pisses these folks off. After all these years the Supremes, and Diana Ross, and Mary Wilson [[who runs neck and neck 90 percent of the time with the number of "active" threads as Diana) are still the life blood of Motown, even on a forum such as this. I'll bounce out of this thread and give it no more attention.

I disagree! New threads on Diana Ross don't need to be banned. Anyone who is tired of reading about her [[or The Supremes) doesn't have to read [[or respond) to the thread.

I don't think jsmith was being serious suggesting that we ban all Diana Ross threads [[I hope so anyway, it’s a totally impractical and ridiculous suggestion, lol)... I think he was trying to make a point. I can understand where he's coming from, but as others have suggested, just dont read 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You're probably right. No, I know you are right!

"Originally Posted by marv2 October 2016
    I don't even go into most Diana Ross threads on here."

lolololololololololololol

Fact is that the poster's request is a childish, trouble-making spew that the administrator should have deleted immediately.
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 11-28-2017 at 03:07 PM.

I just caught up to this. Anything on Diana Ross stands. She played an integral role in the success of Motown. Lets don't get out of whack over this fact.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    I just caught up to this. Anything on Diana Ross stands. She played an integral role in the success of Motown. Lets don't get out of whack over this fact.
    I have this vision of Ralph's head saying something like: "I never wanted to dress like her, I never stood in front of a mirror putting my hand out and saying "Stop", I didn't always think she was all that friendly - but give me a break, it's a Motown Forum".

That about sums it up, Rob.

That about sums it up, Rob.
    Lololololololol. Too funny Ralph and Jobeterob.

I’m not certain who “we” are, but one would assume that if “we” aka “you” already know everything you need and more about Miss Ross or any topic, that skipping the thread might be a more acceptable response for you instead of depriving everyone from making that same decion for themselves. I have a scathingly brilliant idea that I use when confronted with a thread that doesn’t interest me: I don’t read it! I don’t like The Tempts’ classic, award winning #1 single, “papa Was A Rolling Stone” - I think I’m the only person on the planet who doesn’t get it, but I would never suggest others not be able to hear it ‘cos I don’t dig it. [[Exit - to the next DR&TS thread, stage right!)

I definitely feel that banning threads like this one would definitely be akin to censorship, and that is NOT cool with me. And as with others here, I practice the concept of skipping threads that don't interest me. And though I speak as a huge fan of all permutations of the Supremes, I tend to nowadays skip their threads on the whole, because of the very real likelihood they'll go down in flames somewhere down the line. As it seems to happen nearly every single time a new thread is made.

... and if such a 'ban' were instituted, what, oh WHAT, would the poor dears have then to complain about, and indeed, do with their lives? Like djt vs Elizabeth Warren, trying to drag down Diana Ross is a full time [[though, ultimately doomed to fail) vocation!

Also remember there are new fans joining and eager to learn "new to them" things about their favorite artists

Guys, by debating the subject you've satisfied what the provocateur wanted to do which is just stir up trouble over a non-issue. Of course, it wasn't serious. The Forum has been refreshingly clear of Diane bashing lately so I guess he was hoping for some!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Guys, by debating the subject you've satisfied what the provocateur wanted to do which is just stir up trouble over a non-issue. Of course, it wasn't serious. The Forum has been refreshingly clear of Diane bashing lately so I guess he was hoping for some!
    Totally agree; the Diana bashing is receding either due to the AMAs, sedatives, or perhaps, a change of heart

I don’t think this is a bad thread either

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Totally agree; the Diana bashing is receding either due to the AMAs, sedatives, or perhaps, a change of heart
    I'd bet a little money that it's sedatives!

This horse bolted a long time ago.

Oh how ridiculous! If I don't like a thread I pass - simples! Next!

Ban diana ross????? Heck no,she keeps the motown post jumpin,now it gets out of hand at times,but i love diana,as i said once..she's like the glamorous cousin that sweeps in at the family reunion and gets everyone talking,where as before she arrived-things were kinda bland..free diana ross!!

Hey gang, it is nice to see an intelligent conversation on a subject that can get volatile. Your moderator thanks you.

Hey gang, it is nice to see an intelligent conversation on a subject that can get volatile. Your moderator thanks you.
    Maybe we are all being filled with some early Christmas cheer Ralph. The season of goodwill has began a little earlier it would seem, and that has got to be good news. May this refreshing new attitude stay throughout December and beyond.

Wouldn't that be something, Blue....

And thank you too Ralph. Happy Holidays to all SDF-ers.

Happy Holidays too, to Admin and Ralph and the members participating in "kindness time".

Maybe Donald Plump is inspiring some of this by his bad behaviour.