[REMOVE ADS]

Happy Birthday Jean Terrell!

A Very Happy Birthday to Jean Terrell!

Attachment 13786

This is such an iconic photograph! I couldn't resist.

Attachment 13787

You beat me to the punch. I had intended to put something on tomorrow, November 26, to report it was her 73rd birthday.

Does anyone have ANY IDEA how she is doing? I never hear a thing.

Happy Birthday to the wonderful Jean Terrell. Hope all is well.

Happy Birthday to the very Supreme Jean Terrell!

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    You beat me to the punch. I had intended to put something on tomorrow, November 26, to report it was her 73rd birthday.

I just wanted to make sure we didn't miss it. This woman has given me hours of great musical pleasure over years and I am thankful for her!

Happy Birthday Jean Terrell!!!!

LOVE IT

Jean Terrell is one of the 20th Century's Greatest Singers and I am glad to have heard her sing. May she have the happiest of birthdays. [[Although I don't think she celebrates birthdays, correct?)

she may not celebrate it, but the world of music [[and 70's soul music in particular) fans can celebrate it for her...Jean we salute you, today and always....this courageous young woman took on a job that was sure to generate a lot of comparisons, and rose to the occasion with her talent and unique style. Jean had to have a lot of self confidence to even want to assume the role of lead singer in the worlds best known and top selling female group.

Happiest of birthdays to you, Jean. Hope your special day is the best ever!

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post

Jean is happily retired and in reasonable health. Her faith dictates that she doesn't celebrate her Birthday but i am sure she will enjoy the day in her own way.

Hope Jean has a lovely day! what a vocal from the first single with The Supremes fell in love with Her, just wish she had recorded even more.

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    she may not celebrate it, but the world of music [[and 70's soul music in particular) fans can celebrate it for her...Jean we salute you, today and always....this courageous young woman took on a job that was sure to generate a lot of comparisons, and rose to the occasion with her talent and unique style. Jean had to have a lot of self confidence to even want to assume the role of lead singer in the worlds best known and top selling female group.
    Some very acute points in this post - thanks. Jean, I know that as a JW you don't do birthday but I hope you have a great day in your own way.

You are so right Waynesville,Jean Terrell is a Jehovah Witness,She doesn't celebrate birthday's,i respect that.

Was Jean a witness while in The Supremes, or did she join the religion afterwards?

I've always felt her voice was very, very Dionne Warwick-esque.

LOL, how ironic is this thread