[REMOVE ADS]

Exclamation Diana Ross & The Supremes - Chim Chim Cher-ee [[UNRELEASED/1968)

Diana is awesome on this song as is the orchestration.

Ian: Great work locating this. Now as far I can determine there are still two others that I would like to see in this format:

Zip A Dee Doo Dah and A Spoonful of Sugar

The original album was to contain 14 songs.

Bloody Hell I can see why that was unreleased Diana's English accent makes Dick Van Dyke's more like Lawrence Oliver !!!

Interesting to finally hear this after all these years. With the right material, Diana Ross can sound wonderful performing standards/show tunes [[e.g Rodgers and Hart).

However, with this song I find her mannered vocal frankly irritating and this is one occasion where I can fully understand why it remained in the vault.

I'm sure this one has been requested many times on this forum. Someone will be happy.

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    I'm sure this one has been requested many times on this forum. Someone will be happy.
    I am very happy to have heard this song,waited years for this,thank you to IAN For posting.Hope to hear the other 2 songs with this quality. the 2 i have heard sound not to good.Thanks again for posting,cheers.

There is a reason these tracks have been buried for so long……..

BTW I blame Gordy for trying to make them into a MOR supper club act for white middle class folks who thought that liking black acts was hip!

I believe that no vocals were laid down on the 'missing' two songs.

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post

BTW I blame Gordy for trying to make them into a MOR supper club act for white middle class folks who thought that liking black acts was hip!

yes they were, ihave them somewhere.

According to DFTMC, 11 of the titles were recorded in 1967. Given this information, it is possible that some of these could be part of the 96 titles due on Motown Unreleased, 1967!

for the Disney project there were a total of

Whistle While You Work
    Someday my prince will come
    Heigh Ho
    Ballad of Davey Crocket
    Spoonful of Sugar
    A Dream is a wish your heart makes
    I've Got no strings
    The land of make believe
    supercalifragilisticexpealidocius
    zip a dee doo da
    Chim Chim Cheree
    Toyland
    When you wish upon a star
    Won't be long before christmas

plus it's said that the track for Bippiddy Boppiddy Boo was prepared but no vocals. so that makes a total of 16 [[had they finished the last) and the lp would most likely have been a total of 12 songs. Many of their concept albums had most tracks recorded than needed for the lp. almost like they were recording a bunch and then picked the final best 12 or so

Given the timing for the release and Flo's exit from the group, i'm sure Whistle and Davey would have been cut.

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by a third party. Sometimes it does not pay to advertise!

The one I'm thinking about is 'I'm Late'. No vocals as is confirmed on DFTMC.

Interesting old thread.

http://faac.us/adf/messages/131452/1...tml?1185433360

Wow that was fast. Although it is the Evil Empire of Disney lol

Dang, I missed it! It's the one Disney cut I don't have and have never heard. It would be great if the unreleased cuts did make the Motown Unreleased 1967.

honest man Guest
    Love Diana's UK accent even though it;s a south one ha.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post

I have the complete Disney sessions. And vocals were done for all three. bought it from the guy in Germany. I really like the song "A spoon full of sugar".