[REMOVE ADS]

Workshop Jazz - might break the bank.

On Amazon, it's possible to download the "Introducing Miss Paula Greer" album for £1.79. I thought about it but declined due to the cost lol. Has to be a needle drop out of copyright thingy - but could be a nice filler.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Introducing...ds=paula+greer

After listening to the samples, I would say it was a needle drop recording. It certainly hasn't been remastered.

Also on download Roy Brooks - "Beat" for £5.94 on Amazon.

What does a needle drop recording mean?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    What does a needle drop recording mean?
    It's a CD or mp3 from a record as opposed to a master tape.

Ten years ago I would have bought this because it was 60s Motown. I've just listened to the samples and discovered that I don't like her voice; so I'll pass on this one.

I think Paula's voice [[and delivery) has to be an acquired taste. I'm sure some will like her [[someone thought an album was a good idea - even The Velvelettes didn't get one). Obviously one for the completist and cheap enough for a punt.

I have the Paula Greer album on the original vinyl, but I never cared much for it. I probably only ever played it a few times. I'd like to hear it again to see if I'd feel differently now. As I recall, her delivery was off the beat and from what I remember as mysterysinger said aptly "an acquired taste."

I do have the Roy Brooks "Beat" on CD but I'll have to listen to it again to see if it's a needle drop recording. I think it was a pretty high quality transfer if it was. I know I've played and enjoyed it.