[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Diana Ross back on the Billboard Charts

Congratulations Diana Ross http://promotionmusicnews.com/anmhe-remix

the original is a classic, why remix it. so many other gems that could have been remixed.
    I prefer the I Love Diana ross remix collection.

This is the issue of billboard just issued today

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    This is the issue of billboard just issued today
    Fun news and congratulations to Diana and the remixers! We'd all prefer new music but this is a nice bonus for Ross -

http://promotionmusicnews.com/diana-ross-remix
    Up to 23 from 38 this week!

This week, Ross secures both the Greatest Gainer and Power Pick position on Billboard‘s Dance Club Songs Chart [[dated Nov. 25) with remixed versions of the iconic ‘Ain’t No Mountain Higher’. Reinterpreted by mixmasters Eric Kupper and Joe Gauthreaux, Ross moves from a No. 38 Hot Shot Debut to No. 23 on the dance chart, a feat rarely accomplished by any artist.

glad she is back on the charts. several other tracks or cds back on the charts since the AMA's

I saw Missing You and Ain't No Mountain High Enough on an Itunes chart.

http://promotionmusicnews.com/diana-ross-remix

Looks like that has the full remix in it.

New Mix:
    Ain't No Mountain High Enough [[Joe Gauthreaux & Leanh Remix)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=0MGgnhxkVUw

I just figured out there's more than one remix available. [[Of the two I've heard, one I like a lot; the other, not so much.) Either way, I'm really happy that Diana is back on the charts in such a big way! Knock 'em dead, Diana -- all the way to #1!
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 11-27-2017 at 10:14 AM.

Diane Ross is up to #16 on the Billboard Dance Charts with the newly mixed ANMHE.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Diane Ross is up to #16 on the Billboard Dance Charts with the newly mixed ANMHE.
    Pretty good for an old girl.

It has now hit the Top 10 on the Billboard charts.

Congrats, Diana! Still 'ever proud of you.

Kill ‘em, Diana!!!

Who's The Boss?!!

Merry Ross-Mas! We want Vinyl!!

OMG !Don't tell me she knocked DISCO TITS out of the Top Ten!!!! lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    OMG !Don't tell me she knocked DISCO TITS out of the Top Ten!!!! lol!!!
    What number in the top 10 is it?

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    What number in the top 10 is it?
    #10, up from #16 and the greatest gainer of the week

Can you post the link where we can see this posting? Thank you.

This success may finally persuade her to record something new for her fans.
    Everything seems to be going so well for her right now. Perhaps the stars are aligning...

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Scarlet View Post
    Very nice to see. I also note that the Dap Kings are featured on the #1 listing of Kesha's; a nice shot in the arm for the group after Sharon's passing.

more remixes!
    Launched on the strength of the Eric Kupper and Joe Gauthreaux + Leanh vocal, dub and radio edit versions, the 1970 remixed classic enjoys another MASSIVE Billboard Dance Club Singles Top 50 chart week from #38* Hot Shot Debut to #23* Power Pick + Greatest Gainer! And to compliment the initial American mixes it is with great pleasure that Kings of Spins and PRO MOTION. The Brad LeBeau Company, Inc. put a Swedish spin on the 47 year old, former #1 pop single by presenting the Stonebridge Retro Classic Remixes!

Diana Ross - Aint No Mountain High Enough
    [[StoneBridge Retro Classic Mix 5A 126 Disco Hse

[[StoneBridge Retro Classic Dub 5A 126 Disco Hse

[[StoneBridge Retro Classic Dub Inst 5A 126 Disco Hse

[[StoneBridge Retro Classic Mix Inst 5A 126 Disco House

[[StoneBridge Retro Classic Radio 5A 126 House

[[StoneBridge Retro Classic Radio Inst 5A 126 Disco House

https://www.dirrrtyremixes.com/search/diana+ross
    Last edited by jack020; 12-14-2017 at 09:22 AM.

One more time, Diana Ross returns to the Top 10; Diana Ross Project

https://dianarossproject.wordpress.c...rns-to-top-10/

Up to 7!

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Up to 7!
    I haven't seen the charts yet. But heard it is up to #4

Last edited by jack020; 12-23-2017 at 03:13 AM.

12 inch vinyl release of this please....

Now up to #4!

Now up to #3!

In case this song reach #1, it means that Diana will have 19 #1 hits?
    Another question, why her international number one single "A Brand New Day [[from The Wiz) is not her 19 #1 hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Scarlet View Post
    In case this song reach #1, it means that Diana will have 19 #1 hits?
    Another question, why her international number one single "A Brand New Day [[from The Wiz) is not her 19 #1 hit?
    They make distinctions between countries, genres, etc. So if we counted up all of Diana's #1 hits anywhere, and on any chart, the number would be much higher than 18.

At this point, she has had 18 #1 hits on the Billboard US pop chart. Some might also include WE ARE THE WORLD and MO MONEY, MO PROBLEMS.

She has also had #1 hits on Billboard's r&B charts and dance charts.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Now up to #3!
    Step by step.... inch by inch....! Just a little more push....!

temptationsfan500 Guest
    It's the dance club play chart. Not based on sales or airplay. A great chart refuge for aging divas. Mary Wilson had a top twenty hit on it a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by temptationsfan500 View Post
    It's the dance club play chart. Not based on sales or airplay. A great chart refuge for aging divas. Mary Wilson had a top twenty hit on it a couple of years ago.
    It is based on airplay
    Only Hot Dance Club Songs still exists today.[9] In 2003 Billboard introduced the Hot Dance Airplay chart [[now known as Dance/Mix Show Airplay), which is based solely on radio airplay of six dance music stations and top 40 mix shows electronically monitored by Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems.[10] These stations are also a part of the electronically monitored panel that encompasses the Hot 100.

temptationsfan500 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    It is based on airplay
    Only Hot Dance Club Songs still exists today.[9] In 2003 Billboard introduced the Hot Dance Airplay chart [[now known as Dance/Mix Show Airplay), which is based solely on radio airplay of six dance music stations and top 40 mix shows electronically monitored by Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems.[10] These stations are also a part of the electronically monitored panel that encompasses the Hot 100.
    Alright I stand corrected. But why you and others are so emotionally invested in how a remix of a 47 year old song does on a Billboard chart, well that's something for you and your therapist[[s) to work out. Good luck and Happy New Year.

Alright I stand corrected. But why you and others are so emotionally invested in how a remix of a 47 year old song does on a Billboard chart, well that's something for you and your therapist[[s) to work out. Good luck and Happy New Year.
    Wow. Who said I was so emotionally invested. If it were any other Motown star the same information would be posted and no one would have a problem. Why the hating? Are you jealous of Diana Ross??

temptationsfan500 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Wow. Who said I was so emotionally invested. If it were any other Motown star the same information would be posted and no one would have a problem. Why the hating? Are you jealous of Diana Ross??
    No, I don't hate Diana Ross or jealous of her. I decided to look at this thread and was gobsmacked that grown adults are following week by week the chart progress of a dance remix single. I get it if you've got some skin in the game and going to make some money off of it. But if you don't, why bother. There's another thread here with a link to a youtube video that won some kind of local emmy award and the comments on that youtube are over the top, either really happy or really angry that the subject of the video won an emmy. Since you think my thoughts are out of jealousy or hatred I will apologize because I didn't know you were so young and immature. I hope your parents monitor your internet usage, there are bullies out there who can do a lot of harm. Don't take what they say personnally. Be careful out there young man or young lady and good luck. Out of respect of your feelings I won't post anymore in this thread nor will I say anything you might think would be critical or negative of Diana Ross, Mary Wilson or The Supremes. I was young once and I used to get mad when a few of my rock fan friends put down The Temptations. I've recently got back in touch with one of them on facebook and we had a good laugh about it. I now like rock and he admits the Temptations could sing their assess off. I like a few Supremes songs because of the Funk Bros jamming on those songs, but I prefer male singers as I relate to the feelings they're singing about.

No, I don't hate Diana Ross or jealous of her. I decided to look at this thread and was gobsmacked that grown adults are following week by week the chart progress of a dance remix single. I get it if you've got some skin in the game and going to make some money off of it. But if you don't, why bother. There's another thread here with a link to a youtube video that won some kind of local emmy award and the comments on that youtube are over the top, either really happy or really angry that the subject of the video won an emmy. Since you think my thoughts are out of jealousy or hatred I will apologize because I didn't know you were so young and immature. I hope your parents monitor your internet usage, there are bullies out there who can do a lot of harm. Don't take what they say personnally. Be careful out there young man or young lady and good luck. Out of respect of your feelings I won't post anymore in this thread nor will I say anything you might think would be critical or negative of Diana Ross, Mary Wilson or The Supremes. I was young once and I used to get mad when a few of my rock fan friends put down The Temptations. I've recently got back in touch with one of them on facebook and we had a good laugh about it. I now like rock and he admits the Temptations could sing their assess off. I like a few Supremes songs because of the Funk Bros jamming on those songs, but I prefer male singers as I relate to the feelings they're singing about.
    I just don't know why it would bother you enough to post about fans being happy about a Motown singer hitting the Billboard charts. Because to some it is very exciting due to the fact that it is very rare for a 60's Motown artist to hit any chart today. By the way it is now at #2. Go Diana Ross.

It would be nice for any Motown singer to have a hit.

None of them sell much any more; CDs sales hardly matter; they get no money from streaming or royalties of any nature from much of anything.

So ya............any little hit is a success and a reason to be happy.

10 years from now is there going to be an Otis, a Dennis, a Diana, a Mary, a Cindy, a Martha?

And as we all know, not all of those are healthy now nor can all of them perform.

I'd hope for a #1.

why are YOU so emotionally invested in other’s interests? You might consider therapy yourself to get a good look at your ego and it’s need to sit in judgement of others who do not share the same passions as you. Live and let live is an interesting thought to ponder sometimes when you find yourself looking down at others.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    why are YOU so emotionally invested in other’s interests? You might consider therapy yourself to get a good look at your ego and it’s need to sit in judgement of others who do not share the same passions as you. Live and let live is an interesting thought to ponder sometimes when you find yourself looking down at others.
    Right? The negativity here from some posters is downright pathetic. Another one for my 'ignore' list!

Dear all,
    Last I checked, the following statements are true:
    1. This is a forum about MOTOWN MUSIC.
    2. This is a MOTOWN forum for discussion of any current and/or historically MOTOWN associated artists.
    3. Any artist charting would be a reasonable topic for discussion.
    4. Fans of any artist currently or previously charting could celebrate such charting here with celebratory and/or congratulatory posts.
    5. People who think points 1-4 are somehow inappropriate are completely free to establish their own website with its own rules for posting.

I stand to be corrected by the site moderator.
    Sincerely,
    Thanxal
    Last edited by thanxal; 01-05-2018 at 08:53 PM. Reason: grammar, of course.

I think you’ll be standing indefinitely thanxal, you might want to grab a chair and have a seat.

#metaphormadness LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I think you’ll be standing indefinitely thanxal, you might want to grab a chair and have a seat.

#metaphormadness LOL
    LOL Tom. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Right? The negativity here from some posters is downright pathetic. Another one for my 'ignore' list!
    He’s just so full of condescending BS “I was young once....” I’m glad he’s not posting in this thread anymore. I read a lot of stuff that makes me scratch my head, but I just don’t get what they do. I like WC Fields. I can show The Bank Dick to many of my buds who ask, “is this a comedy?” LOL.... Others howl..... We are individuals in a country who voted Trump for POTUS - if THEY aren’t getting therapy.......

it's called being a FAN! sports people are the ones with mental issues!! they go way over the top.. by the way, if it is now #2, all I can say is 'you go girl!' Miss Ross knocking on the door of another #1 on Billboard..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    it's called being a FAN! sports people are the ones with mental issues!! they go way over the top.. by the way, if it is now #2, all I can say is 'you go girl!' Miss Ross knocking on the door of another #1 on Billboard..
    Yeah, you’re so right, Jimi. Some of those sick, twisted sports psychos will beat the crap out of any fan who cheers for the opposing team. Ridiculous! So glad I’m a Motown fan and NOT a sports fan! And, yeah, you go, Diana! Just one more push over the top!