[REMOVE ADS]

GE Is No Longer Making Light Bulbs!

My have things changed. This from my old company:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...D=ansmsnnews11

They are going to stop railway locomotive production, too. I wonder if they're going to sell the two divisions off.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug-Morgan View Post
    They are going to stop railway locomotive production, too. I wonder if they're going to sell the two divisions off.
    I know that they are selling the Lighting Division off. It is their oldest business by the way.

I'm from Lynn MA, which had 2 G E plants. I am the only member of my family who did not work in the G E. I worked on the G E , in college I worked for a roofing company, which did the G E.
    Marv, does this mean you and I are now in the dark???

edafan

Quote Originally Posted by edafan View Post
    I'm from Lynn MA, which had 2 G E plants. I am the only member of my family who did not work in the G E. I worked on the G E , in college I worked for a roofing company, which did the G E.
    Marv, does this mean you and I are now in the dark???

edafan
    This is a small World. I worked for GE Lighting and lived in Boston. When I first moved to Massachusetts, all of my belongings were in storage up in Lynn, MA. We'll never be in the dark Edafan! Don't you know we are the light! LOL!

What???no more[ge]lightbulbs]yes i know that change is a part of life but damn...what next??????

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    What???no more[ge]lightbulbs]yes i know that change is a part of life but damn...what next??????
    I shutter to think................

Hey marv,maybe we're just getting old[sigh]because it seems that with each passing day things that we've charished in our youth are becoming passe,that's depressing i need a drink..a strong one[1,000%]no chaser!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Hey marv,maybe we're just getting old[sigh]because it seems that with each passing day things that we've charished in our youth are becoming passe,that's depressing i need a drink..a strong one[1,000%]no chaser!!!
    I know that's right! Pour me one while you're at it pal......

I use LED light bulbs anyway. Saves tons of money on electric bills, and I can keep them on 24/7.