[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    In the video clip Diana is walking through the Brewster projects -- when was this taken and for what event ?
    Captain, I can't remember what it was for, but I believe it was like 1994 or somewhere around there. I'm surprised it was included.

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KsPi1CvFHU

Diana Ross Receiving AMA Lifetime Achievement Award 2017
    AMAZING.THIS LADY IS UNSTOPPABLE,Our Motown Queen,Long may she reign Supreme.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I just want to say that the "Diana" segment last night was so, so good.

Oh, the rest of the show was OK, however, Pink's performance was outstanding, in my opinion. You could obviously tell the boy group who was making their international debut were lip-syncing, however, who could do those intricate, energetic dance steps and still be able to breathe, let along sing? LOL
    Last edited by jobucats; 11-20-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    It was wonderful to see and long overdue as former President Obama said, "Doesn't she have that already ?" In the video clip Diana is walking through the Brewster projects -- when was this taken and for what event ?
    Back in 1993, Diana was working on a docudrama of her life and career. I believe the Brewster Projects footage is from that. She's used it before on a program that I can't recall.

Re Diana's performance, I have to say that for me it was worth the three hours I had to sit through waiting for it. Diana was in great command, and her performance was much better than the similar one she gave when she was honored at the TV Land Awards. It was nice to see how the audience was so enthusiastic, and of course, it was really nice to see how much her family loves her.

Thanks for that bit of info, It was heartfelt for me to see her go back to Brewster. "Take Me Higher" was the great surprise for me, I love that song and thought that it would have done so much better on the charts but its obvious she did it for the fans. Another treat was seeing Robert Ellis Silberstein among the family as I know he has strong ties with his girls still. GOOD JOB !!! Diana and well deserved and overdue.

The Whitney tribute was awesome and Pink is just off the chain. It was a good night for strong, blazing, powerful women..........FINALLY.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with Diana having her family being a part of her successful accolades.

There are sooooo many new artists out there now, I just can't keep up with them all.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Back in 1993, Diana was working on a docudrama of her life and career. I believe the Brewster Projects footage is from that. She's used it before on a program that I can't recall.

Re Diana's performance, I have to say that for me it was worth the three hours I had to sit through waiting for it. Diana was in great command, and her performance was much better than the similar one she gave when she was honored at the TV Land Awards. It was nice to see how the audience was so enthusiastic, and of course, it was really nice to see how much her family loves her.

I thought this was an incredibly strong performance. Ms. Ross was in better voice than I've heard in a while. I wish some of the other Supremes, especially Mary, had been there. It was wonderful to see her surrounded by her family.

P.S. Did anyone think that Evan had almost the exact same intonation as Diana did when she'd banter with the audience in the 60's? They both have really smooth speaking voices.

Tracee did a super job. Diana was great. The grandkids were great.