[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tracee Ellis Ross to Host the American Music Awards

What a treat for us viewers to see some "Baby Love" when daughter honours mom!

It's a family affair.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    It's a family affair.
    All the kids........are good to Mom, blood's thicker than the mud, it's a family affair

Kind of last minute isn't it? Who pulled out??

who cares? It's an all night Ross-a-thon on ABC and I couldn't be more pleased!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Kind of last minute isn't it? Who pulled out??
    Mary Wilson lol

According to her Instagram, Rhonda will be presenting the award to her mom Diana, so it's certainly a family affair, it always is, whenever Diana receives a big award, I am sure Chudney, Ross and Evan will be there as well.
    Ross family rules.

is Tracee a big enough name to bring in the ratings? I think not. There is a huge NFL game opposite this show.

The AMAs run every year since the 70's during football season..pop music fans couldn't care less about the NFL and vice versa

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    The AMAs run every year since the 70's during football season..pop music fans couldn't care less about the NFL and vice versa
    not true. Both pop music and football are part of American pop culture, and both loved by many of the same heterosexuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    is Tracee a big enough name to bring in the ratings? I think not. There is a huge NFL game opposite this show.
    She’s a Golden Globe winner on a smash hit show. She won’t have any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    She’s a Golden Globe winner on a smash hit show. She won’t have any issues.
    Tracee has the rare distinction of having been a lead in two long-running series as well. She's a total professional.

Quote Originally Posted by David J View Post
    According to her Instagram, Rhonda will be presenting the award to her mom Diana, .
    Oh gawd , why am I not surprised . First Tracee and now this. Wish these clingy "children" could just pull back and lovingly give their mother a hug back stage and let Diana's well-earned spotlighted moments be hers.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 11-17-2017 at 06:05 PM.

Oh gawd , why am I not surprised . First Tracee and now this. Wish these clingy "children" could just pull back and lovingly give their mother a hug back stage and let Diana's well-earned spotlighted moments be hers.
    i could not agree more. i have zero interest in constantly seeing anyone's children. this includes ross. It would much more exciting for the award to be presented by Berry or Oprah. Rhonda ???? snooooze

i could not agree more. i have zero interest in constantly seeing anyone's children. this includes ross. It would much more exciting for the award to be presented by Berry or Oprah. Rhonda ???? snooooze
    You have the option to not tune in.

show some empathy for the haters...their butts have to be on fire right now as this event gets closer

But these guys aren’t haters, they are just commenting

The haters have gone dead silent in distress

Diana loves her kids. I'm sure she would love nothing more than to have them there, presenting her with the award. I wouldn't think of them as clingy, as they have been carving out their own successful careers, unlike the children of most stars. Gotta give her and them some huge props. Tracee is also a huge break out star now and she is everywhere these days in the mainstream media. It's no surprise she's hosting the AMA's, regardless of her mother being honoured. She is a star on one of the network's biggest shows. She's worked hard for that.

Quote Originally Posted by helga View Post
    Diana loves her kids. I'm sure she would love nothing more than to have them there, presenting her with the award. I wouldn't think of them as clingy, as they have been carving out their own successful careers, unlike the children of most stars. Gotta give her and them some huge props. Tracee is also a huge break out star now and she is everywhere these days in the mainstream media. It's no surprise she's hosting the AMA's, regardless of her mother being honoured. She is a star on one of the network's biggest shows. She's worked hard for that.
    I'd like to think everyone loves their kids , I'm sure the major percentage of them do , so I'm not sure why that's being suggested as something special here. Sure, loving family - attend and support , but stay out of the way. This ain't about you! [[I'm still wondering how Evan will figure a way to cop some air time. ) I also think it's kind of amusing to refer to them as kids as though they're still teenagers living at home , when age-wise both of these gals are comfortably within grandmother range.
    When I said "clingy" to describe them , I forgot to add "and opportunistic". I've no doubt that Diana Ross' being chosen for recognition this night, followed by Tracee Ross then being chosen to host it , is no coincidence. Otherwise, Tracee might've decided , "Thanks for the offer , but you know what, this really is my Mom's night to shine . I don't want to step on that in any way. I'll still be this giant star this same time next year , why don't we slate me for doing it then."

And as far as Rhonda , Diana's endless opening act at her performances, well . As Circa 1824 points out , who is waiting in anticipation to see Rhonda hand her Mom this prestigious award. Most are going to ask, "Who is that??" If I were Diana, as Rhonda hands me my trophy I'd be thinking "Gee, aren't you the same person who handed me a ham sandwich at home this afternoon?" Kind of anti -climatic. Where's Berry Gordy ? Or Smokey? Lionel? Patti? Etc.

And OF COURSE what would really become an iconic moment is if Mary Wilson presented it to her. A moment for the ages. After all the acknowledging applause dies down , who better to say "Good going girl, you deserve this." [[Heart felt hugs , tears)

OK so instead it will be .... Rhonda.
    Close second.

I won't to be around to watch this show , I've 0 interest in today's "music" scene, and the crowd that occupies it, but I look forward to the thread appearing here that will describe Diana's segment , and her performance there , which will undoubtedly be on target. BTW since Diana is the one receiving the Lifetime Achievement Award, why is Beyonce [[ or whichever ) doing a focused tribute on Whitney Houston??

And
    I'll be particularity interested to learn if Diana bounces one of Rhonda's boobs.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 11-19-2017 at 12:11 AM.

I think it’s Selena doing a Bodyguard tribute - 25 years since release

Smokey and Berry are invited and will likely be there.

Not many people would know Mary if she were there and Diana and her don’t even know each other anymore either

I don’t know any of the new people either

Wow Boogiedown...are you suffering from diarrhea of the keyboard. So sad you wasted a good portion of your life typing and then posting that crap. SMDH. SAD!

Is "crap" your go to word?

Well at least be happy for me that I won't be wasting a good portion of my life watching that sh*

I mean crap.

Is "crap" your go to word?

Well at least be happy for me that I won't be wasting a good portion of my life watching that sh*

I mean crap.
    Well don't watch it!! You won't be missed. I know I will be watching the fabulous Diana Ross performing and receiving this prestigious award.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I think it’s Selena doing a Bodyguard tribute - 25 years since release
    Is this a stupid joke made in poor taste or do you seriously have zero knowledge of music? Selena tragically passed on many years ago, but I am sure you know that. Just shows the baiting kind of person you are. Christina Aguilera will be performing the tribute.

I’m sure it was an innocent mistake. A lot of media outlets are talking about Selena’s performance. He was talking about Selena Gomez.
    Last edited by khansperac; 11-19-2017 at 12:20 PM.

Is this a stupid joke made in poor taste or do you seriously have zero knowledge of music? Selena tragically passed on many years ago, but I am sure you know that. Just shows the baiting kind of person you are. Christina Aguilera will be performing the tribute.
    Sorry wrong name

Isn’t there some current singer that goes by one name appearing

I don’t know a lot of the current crop of singers-more into grandchildren to be honest

I'd like to think everyone loves their kids , I'm sure the major percentage of them do , so I'm not sure why that's being suggested as something special here. Sure, loving family - attend and support , but stay out of the way. This ain't about you! [[I'm still wondering how Evan will figure a way to cop some air time. ) I also think it's kind of amusing to refer to them as kids as though they're still teenagers living at home , when age-wise both of these gals are comfortably within grandmother range.
    When I said "clingy" to describe them , I forgot to add "and opportunistic". I've no doubt that Diana Ross' being chosen for recognition this night, followed by Tracee Ross then being chosen to host it , is no coincidence. Otherwise, Tracee might've decided , "Thanks for the offer , but you know what, this really is my Mom's night to shine . I don't want to step on that in any way. I'll still be this giant star this same time next year , why don't we slate me for doing it then."

And as far as Rhonda , Diana's endless opening act at her performances, well . As Circa 1824 points out , who is waiting in anticipation to see Rhonda hand her Mom this prestigious award. Most are going to ask, "Who is that??" If I were Diana, as Rhonda hands me my trophy I'd be thinking "Gee, aren't you the same person who handed me a ham sandwich at home this afternoon?" Kind of anti -climatic. Where's Berry Gordy ? Or Smokey? Lionel? Patti? Etc.

And OF COURSE what would really become an iconic moment is if Mary Wilson presented it to her. A moment for the ages. After all the acknowledging applause dies down , who better to say "Good going girl, you deserve this." [[Heart felt hugs , tears)

OK so instead it will be .... Rhonda.
    Close second.

I won't to be around to watch this show , I've 0 interest in today's "music" scene, and the crowd that occupies it, but I look forward to the thread appearing here that will describe Diana's segment , and her performance there , which will undoubtedly be on target. BTW since Diana is the one receiving the Lifetime Achievement Award, why is Beyonce [[ or whichever ) doing a focused tribute on Whitney Houston??

And
    I'll be particularity interested to learn if Diana bounces one of Rhonda's boobs.
    Boogie I'm guessing right about now you're appreciating our lengthy discussion in the other thread. LOL I never understand why some folks get so bothered by someone else having a different opinion. Sad world. But let the games begin!

I agree with your thought about Rhonda. I was disappointed to learn she was presenting this award. I think the award would better be served by being presented by another legend, [[I like your suggestion of Patti Labelle and found your suggestion of Mary Wilson to be hilarious, though there's still a itty bity part of me that is hoping that we get a surprise Supremes reunion for the performance) or at least one of the big names in the current crop of today's stars. But for me I always love when the legends are allowed to show Diana Ross love, number one, because it's just good to see one of my favorites getting love at all, and number two, it pisses the haters off!

No doubt Diana requested Rhonda present the award. I wish the producers had said no. I hardly doubt Diana would miss out on being honored simply because Rhonda wasn't allowed to participate. On the other hand, it's Diana's honor and if she wants her daughter to present it to her then I think she's earned the right to have her request honored. After all she is DIANA ROSS.

As far as watching goes, I will not be sitting through this crap of an awards show. I never sit through award shows. I think the last awards show I watched all the way through was in 2006 or 2007. I'm not a fan of award shows. So I'll dvr the AMAs, watch The Walking Dead and Talking Dead, and then FF through the AMAs until it gets to Diana's part.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I'm not a fan of award shows. So I'll dvr the AMAs... and then FF through the AMAs until it gets to Diana's part

Me too. Used to love all the Music Award Shows, and even attended a few in person. But, as I aged, I turned into my parents. I remember when they told me my generation's music was too loud, and not understandable. Now I say it about today's music.

Now, like you, I DVR and stop when there is a legend like Diana, Gladys, Smokey, Bette, Stevie etc. present.

I'll DVR tonight and fast forward to watch Diana's tribute

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Sorry wrong name

Isn’t there some current singer that goes by one name appearing

I don’t know a lot of the current crop of singers-more into grandchildren to be honest
    My sincere apologies, Jobeterob. I am so used to reading so much negativity on here, it is difficult to know who is innocent or hurtful. I misinterpreted your post instead of taking it at face value. So sorry

is There going to be a televised red carpet show?

My sincere apologies, Jobeterob. I am so used to reading so much negativity on here, it is difficult to know who is innocent or hurtful. I misinterpreted your post instead of taking it at face value. So sorry
    No worries; unfortunately I will not know anyone but Diana and Tracee tonight

The joys of aging!

is There going to be a televised red carpet show?
    On the E! Entertainment channel.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    On the E! Entertainment channel.
    Yes it is on now. Thanks I am DVRing it, so I can fast forward to any red carpet appearances of people that I actually recognize.

"Please my darling, let it be me."

The American Music Awards used to be my favorite awards show. I haven't watched it in years. I guess I am too old. Don't know anyone no more. Lol. This will be the first time watching it in many years. I hope I can get through it waiting for Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    The American Music Awards used to be my favorite awards show. I haven't watched it in years. I guess I am too old. Don't know anyone no more. Lol. This will be the first time watching it in many years. I hope I can get through it waiting for Diana.
    Me too!

Smokey and Berry are there along with Rhonda and grandaughter of Berry and Diana. Diana is in black including black hat, and check out her slender waist.

Name:  AMA.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  40.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Smokey and Berry are there along with Rhonda and grandaughter of Berry and Diana. Diana is in black including black hat, and check out her slender waist.

Diana looks fantastic, happy & stunning, I think you mean Diana and Berry's Grandson and not Granddaughter, that's Rhonda's son Raif with the big Afro, lol!!!!

My bad. Didn't remember if she had son or daughter and quickly identified her son Raif as a girl.
    Last edited by milven; 11-20-2017 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post

Miss Ross Looks fabulous!!!!!

Tracee is a joy to watch. A real natural as a delightful host.

loved it..great fun..AND..well it was an award for DIANA ROSS not The Supremes and she tailored the set for hardcore DR fans.."Take Me Higher" and "Best Years Of My Life" are not known to the general public and the video clips favored her RCA years, SOLO years, not a Supremes tune in sight..so be it!

Taped message from Taylor Swift and shout out from D J Khalid for singing All We Do Is win at her concerts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KsPi1CvFHU

Diana Ross Receiving AMA Lifetime Achievement Award 2017

It was wonderful to see and long overdue as former President Obama said, "Doesn't she have that already ?" In the video clip Diana is walking through the Brewster projects -- when was this taken and for what event ?

I was afraid this kind of moment was going to be after death like Michael Jackson. It is great to see all this DR love while she is still here.

What a wonderful moment in time. Diana looked and sounded superb and the energy and enthusiasm from the audience were so genuine. This is why Ross has achieved the heights of success she has. She simply has no equivalent peer.

The best thing about Diana's portion of the show was simply Diana herself. [[And her grandson!) It's always good when she's being seen and being honored. I'm real glad about that. But that montage sucked. I'm already on record as naming her version of "Why Do Fools Fall In Love" as one of the worst things she's ever done, if not the worst thing she's ever done, so you can imagine my horror when that song became so prominently featured in her tribute. And then her performance...I'm a big fan of "Take Me Higher" and "Best Years" has grown on me so much over the last couple of years, but really? Those two songs over the HUGE hits she's had? And the vocals...I really wish she'd play into her lower register at this point in her career. When she was going up into "young" Diana range she sounded like an old woman who has lost it. [[Although not completely. There were a few upper notes I was surprised she handled pretty well. It just wasn't consistent.) Her lower register these days is actually very nice. I was hoping she would choose songs that showcased it or at least chose songs that she could tailor to it. She didn't and I was left disappointed. But all of that is second to how great it was to watch Diana being honored at all. She's the Boss and I hope to see a few more of these life time achievements coming her way in the near future.