[REMOVE ADS]

An album for Beauty Is Only Skin Deep?

Hi all

Been trying to collect Tempts' unreleased tracks and singles and add them to albums... and then I remembered "Beauty Is Only Skin Deep"... and thought, "What album should it go in!?"

The song was released as a single in August of 1966, and appeared on the group's Greatest Hits LP. It came in between regular studio albums Gettin' Ready and With A Lot O' Soul.

Now I'm thinking it would fit more on Gettin' Ready but I don't know! What do you think?

thomas96 Guest
    With A Lot O Soul is perfect as is.

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hi all

Been trying to collect Tempts' unreleased tracks and singles and add them to albums... and then I remembered "Beauty Is Only Skin Deep"... and thought, "What album should it go in!?"

The song was released as a single in August of 1966, and appeared on the group's Greatest Hits LP. It came in between regular studio albums Gettin' Ready and With A Lot O' Soul.

Now I'm thinking it would fit more on Gettin' Ready but I don't know! What do you think?
    Tom don't forget LULLABY OF LOVE unreleased on Gold cd i think,cause it's a one off song tends to get overlooked when compiling vaulted cdr,just a nod mate,cheers,

Tom I would add "Beauty" to "Gettin Ready".

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    Tom don't forget LULLABY OF LOVE unreleased on Gold cd i think,cause it's a one off song tends to get overlooked when compiling vaulted cdr,just a nod mate,cheers,
    Hey thanks hman! I probably would have forgot about that one!!! I found it on The Tempts' 1995 Anthology, and DFTMC says it was recorded in March 1967 so I shall add it to With A Lot O' Soul

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Tom I would add "Beauty" to "Gettin Ready".
    Yea I reckon that's the best fit RanRan

It's really strange tomato tom,because when[gettin ready was recorded[beauty's only skin deep]hadn't been recorded,so it naturally should've been on[with alot of soul]but it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    It's really strange tomato tom,because when[gettin ready was recorded[beauty's only skin deep]hadn't been recorded,so it naturally should've been on[with alot of soul]but it wasn't.
    Yes very true arr&bee... it came after Gettin' Ready so it should have been on With A Lot O’ Soul...! I wonder why it wasn't... maybe Motown wanted to sell the Greatest Hits LP and needed a new hit on it?

[[A bit like "Ball Of Confusion" about four years later!)

If you ever notice almost every Motown act has put a new single on their greatest hits

In addition to Beauty, Ball of Confusion was on the greatest hits vol 2