[REMOVE ADS]

National News: Diana Ross Loses Fanny Pack!

And caught shopping in a discount store

LOL, I am glad.

Also, it’s cool seeing Diana on Twitter, and you know it’s really her as well. Cool.

This is hilarious. I can't imagine her at Marshall's. Who gets a gift from Ross that came from Marshall's ?? Mary Wilson?

Was there a reward offered?

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    This is hilarious. I can't imagine her at Marshall's. Who gets a gift from Ross that came from Marshall's ?? Mary Wilson?
    Marv and Mary Wilson lolololololol

My guess would be that it's a baby gift; clothes for babies and children's toy last about a month.

What is this Marshalls? We don't have that in Canada - I don't think.

But I love this coverage in the news. At least it takes the emphasis off MacDonald Plump.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post

But I love this coverage in the news. At least it takes the emphasis off MacDonald Plump.
    It's an off-price department store. They've got some nice stuff at good, reasonable prices. Let's just say it's not a place you'd expect Diana to be shopping.

I have to say I love this article. It's funny and endearing. I wouldn't be surprised if she brought it up at the AMA's.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Was there a reward offered?
    She tweeted the next day that she would “pay [it] forward.” So refreshing to hear that she doesn’t consider herself “above” Marshall’s. I’ve found some great items there myself.

We have Marshalls stores in Canada. I think they're more common in the bigger cities. They're identical to Winners.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    We have Marshalls stores in Canada. I think they're more common in the bigger cities. They're identical to Winners.
    I’m not a great shopper but Winners is popular and has some top quality items

I love the fact that gracious Diana acknowledged the finder in such a lovely manner.

What on earth is a fanny pack?

My guess would be that it's a baby gift; clothes for babies and children's toy last about a month.

MacDonald Plump

Love it. Gonna use it

You'd be surprised how many celebrities shop in "everyday" stores.
    A friend recently found himself seated next to Sissy Spacek on a short flight between Florida and Virginia, and she was flying coach. They got to talking and somehow got onto the subject of their luggage. She went on and on about the bargain she got on a set at Marshall's. Even if you're rich and famous, you can still shop for bargains. Sheesh...
    Last edited by BigAl; 11-15-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Yes, well, I don't think I'd be too surprised to see Sissy Spacek in Marshall's. But the Original Diva MISS DIANA ROSS???!!! Whose name is synonymous with glamour, opulence and sequins? No. I would not be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    What on earth is a fanny pack?
    Google can be your friend.

I've gotten the sense over the years that Diane just enjoys running little "just folks" shopping errands. After all, she's been paparazzi'ed more than once toting bags of groceries and household items from stores to her car [[including toilet paper one time). It's probably a nice break from the rest of her life. Certainly she has employees who could attend to those things but must enjoy doing them herself from time to time.

Good for her...she's making up for lost time when she couldn't do anything without getting stared at or followed by glam seekers and press. Lord knows how often she just wanted wait on a line to get an Ice Cream cone and be treated like everyone else and for 40 years it most likely was impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    Good for her...she's making up for lost time when she couldn't do anything without getting stared at or followed by glam seekers and press. Lord knows how often she just wanted wait on a line to get an Ice Cream cone and be treated like everyone else and for 40 years it most likely was impossible.
    I once met Willie Nelson at a shave ice stand on Maui. He said Hi and I said hi and he went about his day.

John, a fanny pack is one of those little pouches you'd strap around your waist - kind of like a leather muskrat/pouch/minor pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    She could always have gone incognito by simply containing her trademark tresses and wearing little or no makeup, but I imagine it's only been in the past dozen years or so, since her career has slowed down some, that she's even had time enough to attend to domestic errands. She will always be recognized with that hair on view, which could always be covered with headgear — a scarf or a hat or some such if she's worried about being recognized — so I don't think she's worried about that angle. She probably enjoys being depicted as being more down-to-earth than her media persona suggests.

I live in Canada. Three of them in my city

Yes, well, I don't think I'd be too surprised to see Sissy Spacek in Marshall's. But the Original Diva MISS DIANA ROSS???!!! Whose name is synonymous with glamour, opulence and sequins? No. I would not be prepared.
    I can’t imagine anyone ever wearing a fanny pack at all. Lmao.

Tracee was on Jimmy Kimmel last night and says how excited she is that she is hosting the show while her mom gets an award.

She also discusses the "infamous backpack"

http://www.justjared.com/2017/11/17/...being-honored/

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Tracee was on Jimmy Kimmel last night and says how excited she is that she is hosting the show while her mom gets an award.

She also discusses the "infamous backpack"

http://www.justjared.com/2017/11/17/...being-honored/
    Tracee has a big infectious personality and shes real real funny. A good choice to host this sjhow.

Thanks Rob. Fanny is not a word Brits use in ordinary conversation because it has vulgar undertones

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Thanks Rob. Fanny is not a word Brits use in ordinary conversation because it has vulgar undertones
    I had a great aunt Fanny ...

Marshalls sucks,and if diana is shopping there with her money...then she's-c-h-e-a-p!!

At the awards last night, someone brought something up to her on stage, and Diana laughed when she saw that it was her fanny pack, thus giving her now found fanny pack even more national attention.