Dennis Edwards was a Motown stalwart for many, many years. Many of the tracks he sang lead on don't give him credit as such because of his group involvement.

He did achieve some success as a solo artist but even there I believe there is still unreleased material in the vault.

I would welcome a career spanning anthology that includes his earlier work, selected Contours and Temptations hits [[incl DRATS&TEMPTS) and outstanding album tracks plus solo Motown recordings from the 60s, 70s and 80s including all his albums [[released or otherwise).

I know we have The Essential collection, but that couldn't be described as career spanning, and there has been unreleased material dotted around other releases in recent years which could all be brought together in a very nice set.

Would it have market appeal? Well a good selling point would be the wealth of vaulted tracks it could contain and the inclusion of all his complete Motown albums.

I don't think Dennis Edwards has received full and due recognition for his contribution to the history of Motown Records. David and Eddie have had lavish sets issued which sell for quite large sums these days. But something like a 3 CD set for Dennis would be great I think.

Am I alone in thinking this would be a great idea?