[REMOVE ADS]

a message to The Motown Family

hello everybody..while i congratulate the hip o select & universal releases of Supremes/Diana Ross releases..heres what needs to happen now..no more alt takes..please usually the difference is minimal while there are so many other important,untapped material to market.. 1.) a CD compilation of Ed Sullivan live performances -they are significantly different from studio versions and historically significant -and the Sullivan tag is selling point to those who wouldnt collect every thing we do..2.) get Diana to select a compilation of her favourite doo wop songs from her teenage yrs..my all time favourite image of Diana in my mind is her sitting alone on the steps of Brewster alone..absorbed by the doo wop sounds all around her..3.)a no brainer - DVD releases of TCB,GIT,One Woman [[updated for later video releases) Hollywood Palace..dvd commentaries from Diana,Mary Suzanne Depasse [[they dont have to record together.their comments can be blended and spliced at initivals)..4.)A motown/Diana Ross solo DVD performances..Marvin,Smokey,the tempts all got one..clips from Dick Clark,Merv Griffin,Dinah Shore etc...OK NOW - before i hear calls of "its hard to get the clearance rights..rubbish a 5 min personal call from Oprah to anyone could clear anything and she would do anything for Diana's legacy..this next part comes from my heart..for me Diana has never been the same since she lost her husband,father and her health..shes is functioning again but it is in a guarded auto pilot way..she performs stills does her grocery shopping but shes weary to discuss motown after so much ugly things have been written..i want her to view her work for dvd commentaires so she can see the beauty and what she has done..i know from my 25 yrs as a dj you block so much out because your always onto the next show.i think it would be incredibly healing for her..to reclaim her legacy..please no replys as to - 'this would all need to have budgets allocated and times are tough"..again rubbish send the invoice of all the costs to berry Gordy..im deadly serious..there is no one who can ever be able to calculate the true revenue Motown has generated globally..Univeral will never own motown..and i believe with so many of us geeting older now we have to be much more pro active in establishing the legacy..the most beautiful thing for me about Motown is it was all a dream and Berry made it happen..imagine if the products i have suggested had been available to purchase at every Motown broadway & the touring stage show in the lobby..we would have sold truckloads anyway..thats my 2 cents worth..god bless you all [[Nomis Nz)

Did you ever think to use paragraphs? This makes reading user-friendly.

Sorry, without punctuation it's unreadable!

From what I can gather it's a demand for DR and DRATS live performances to be released some on CD and some on DVD. It's one person's wish list - that's all. Nothing there of interest for me.

I like what we're getting on the expanded CDs and will buy what becomes available in that format. However, rather than yet more Diana I'd prefer that some other artists received the treatment and more of their unavailable product being released. Originals, Jr. Walker etc. That's also just my own opinion.

THe original poster clearly has no knowledge that the material he is asking to be released are owned by individual entertainment conglomerates/production companies/music publishers, etc. Several of these artists either living or deceased [[in this case their estates) would have to sign off on the use of their image and voices for profit.

In short it’s a whole lotta m’er f’in red tape to go through and I’m sure in the minds of some of the powers that be at the helm it is not even worth the trouble to pursue.

But it is a very nice wish list.