[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Mary's Going to see Diana's Vegas Show?

Ugh. What was the point of announcing her intentions? Girl, just do it and tell us about it afterwards.

She's trying though

does that Wilson gal forget the 20+ years of nonstop Diana bashing and devaluing Diana ??

Diana will never trust her again. Nor would I.

drama. should have done this in 2000.geez
    day late n a dollar short

honest man Guest
    She;s name dropping Diana ross name again...............it's how she makes a living,the woman has no shame just saying'

Here we go again for another round of the "Housewives of the Motown Forum." I have tub of popcorn ready.

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    Here we go again for another round of the "Housewives of the Motown Forum." I have tub of popcorn ready.
    And don't forget the butter lol.

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    here we go again for another round of the "housewives of the motown forum." i have tub of popcorn ready.
    stating facts,no drama here,enjoy your popcorn,

Leaving a lot aside, I can feel what Mary says; she's aging and trying to be human

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Leaving a lot aside, I can feel what Mary says; she's aging and trying to be human
    Creeping is what we call it in UK. MW sold that girl right down the pan.and should never be let back in DR Life, Sorry Hope DR gets a security ban on her.DR HAS given her so many chances and MW Has let DR Down big time she is no friend,sorry but it's the truth.keep an eye DR .cheers.

People on this forum should be as generous as Mary is in this interview. She said she was apologizing for any offenses. Please follow Mary's lead [[and that applies to both the Mary and Diana partisans). I'm too old for this sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    People on this forum should be as generous as Mary is in this interview. She said she was apologizing for any offenses. Please follow Mary's lead [[and that applies to both the Mary and Diana partisans). I'm too old for this sheet.
    Loved what you said. Some of those who posted above are never going to let it go. They need to be reminded that it takes two to tangle so this isn't one sided

Mary is a very smart woman, but like any intelligent person she is occasionally subject to a dumb ass moment. And this, ladies and gentlemen, is a dumb ass moment. I hate that she announced this. And for the record I believe she is very sincere on why she'll try to see Diana. It's that sincerity that caused her the lapse in judgement to announce to the world what she planned to do. She got caught up in the moment. Now that she has said this, it gives the devil and his imps the chance to intervene. Not that I believe any of the usual suspects in this forum have an open line to Diana Ross, but if the attitudes that presented itself in this thread [[and others) are any indication of desire, certain people would love to jump at the chance to get in Diana's ear and say "Mary said she's going to try to come. Don't see her! She's just coming to start some mess!". And while Diana is also a very intelligent woman, like any intelligent person, she is prone to lapses in wisdom and could certainly fall prey to anyone in her camp who would rather die than to see these two women lay their issues to rest.

Yes, this should have been done in 1999/2000 [[even earlier). But having witnessed first hand what it's like for a death to be the end of any possible reconciliation between two or more people, that's not something I wish on anyone, not even my worst enemy. It would not surprise me if both Diana and Mary managed to live well past 80, even 90 [[they both look so good and seem to take good care of themselves) so I'm hoping they have many more years on earth [[and continuing to share their gift with us), but tomorrow isn't promised to anyone, so hopefully Mary does get to see Diana and the two of them- and only the two of them- can get together, lay it out, air it out and then throw it out, and they can move forward. As my grandmother would say, make the devil mad. Cuz a bunch of y'all would be PISSED if these two women made up. PISSED. How pathetic is that?
    Last edited by RanRan79; 10-22-2017 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Changed "made" to "mad".

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Mary is a very smart woman, but like any intelligent person she is occasionally subject to a dumb ass moment. And this, ladies and gentlemen, is a dumb ass moment. I hate that she announced this. And for the record I believe she is very sincere on why she'll try to see Diana. It's that sincerity that caused her the lapse in judgement to announce to the world what she planned to do. She got caught up in the moment. Now that she has said this, it gives the devil and his imps the chance to intervene. Not that I believe any of the usual suspects in this forum have an open line to Diana Ross, but if the attitudes that presented itself in this thread [[and others) are any indication of desire, certain people would love to jump at the chance to get in Diana's ear and say "Mary said she's going to try to come. Don't see her! She's just coming to start some mess!". And while Diana is also a very intelligent woman, like any intelligent person, she is prone to lapses in wisdom and could certainly fall prey to anyone in her camp who would rather die than to see these two women lay their issues to rest.

Yes, this should have been done in 1999/2000 [[even earlier). But having witnessed first hand what it's like for a death to be the end of any possible reconciliation between two or more people, that's not something I wish on anyone, not even my worst enemy. It would not surprise me if both Diana and Mary managed to live well past 80, even 90 [[they both look so good and seem to take good care of themselves) so I'm hoping they have many more years on earth [[and continuing to share their gift with us), but tomorrow isn't promised to anyone, so hopefully Mary does get to see Diana and the two of them- and only the two of them- can get together, lay it out, air it out and then throw it out, and they can move forward. As my grandmother would say, make the devil made. Cuz a bunch of y'all would be PISSED if these two women made up. PISSED. How pathetic is that?
    Both have made mistakes in their shared past and it seems like Mary is trying to make amends. Is it too little too late, hard to say. But since they have some communication in the last 10 years, at least the lines are open. Ran I believe you when you said folks would loose their minds if they made up. If that happens, what would they talk about?

Yes, this should have been done in 1999/2000 [[even earlier). But having witnessed first hand what it's like for a death to be the end of any possible reconciliation between two or more people, that's not something I wish on anyone, not even my worst enemy. It would not surprise me if both Diana and Mary managed to live well past 80, even 90 [[they both look so good and seem to take good care of themselves) so I'm hoping they have many more years on earth [[and continuing to share their gift with us), but tomorrow isn't promised to anyone, so hopefully Mary does get to see Diana and the two of them- and only the two of them- can get together, lay it out, air it out and then throw it out, and they can move forward. As my grandmother would say, make the devil made. Cuz a bunch of y'all would be PISSED if these two women made up. PISSED. How pathetic is that?
    RanRan, to me this means she is trying. She certainly doesn't harbor the animosity that the two sides on this forum do. Let's just assume everything that transpired was all Mary's fault, which it wasn't, but let's assume that. She is trying to reach out here. Shouldn't Diana be magnanimous? Letting bygones-be-bygones is what should happen at later stages of life, especially when there are still so many people who love each lady as much as they do. That won't last forever. Time is washing away memories.

If Mary actually goes to the venue, should she be rebuffed? Was she not a real part of Diana's success? Even if one takes Diana's side 100%, no one can deny that without Mary and Florence she may not have gotten the stardom she did. Both sides can try to rewrite history, but it is what it was. What is accomplished by holding on to old grievances? You just end up a bitter old bast*rd. Like the current person who occupies the office of President of the United States. Who wants to end up like that?

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Both have made mistakes in their shared past and it seems like Mary is trying to make amends. Is it too little too late, hard to say. But since they have some communication in the last 10 years, at least the lines are open. Ran I believe you when you said folks would loose their minds if they made up. If that happens, what would they talk about?
    Both have made mistakes, exactly. They are both human, no more, no less. As long as Diana is receptive to Mary's overtures, I don't think it's too late. But you better believe some of the names in this thread that are so anti Mary, along with some other names in other threads that are so anti Diana, if the two women made up, and especially if they forged a new relationship, we actually might not see some screen names post anymore as they may commit suicide. But lets say they don't kill themselves, you ask what would they talk about? The same shit they've been talking about. Do you really think these kinds of people would let the principle players reconcile and it would mean these non principle players would suddenly play nice or refuse to bring up the past? LOL They get their lives on hate. Diana and Mary loving each other won't stop that.

Both have made mistakes, exactly. They are both human, no more, no less. As long as Diana is receptive to Mary's overtures, I don't think it's too late. But you better believe some of the names in this thread that are so anti Mary, along with some other names in other threads that are so anti Diana, if the two women made up, and especially if they forged a new relationship, we actually might not see some screen names post anymore as they may commit suicide. But lets say they don't kill themselves, you ask what would they talk about? The same shit they've been talking about. Do you really think these kinds of people would let the principle players reconcile and it would mean these non principle players would suddenly play nice or refuse to bring up the past? LOL They get their lives on hate. Diana and Mary loving each other won't stop that.
    They would refocus and start the Martha vs Betty feud or the Otis vs David feud

Ranran, the people on this forum [[edit: myself included) are really unimportant compared to Mary and Diana [[and Flo and Cindy and Jean and Lynda and Sherrie and Susaye). Just sayin'.
    Last edited by thanxal; 10-22-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Any healing that goes on between two people helps heal the world. Let’s wish them well!

That's a really nice thought, Luke. Let's hope it spreads!

Thanks thanxal and good for you for your positive thoughts!

Thread highlights:

jobucats referring to thread as another episode of “The Housewives Of The Motown Forum”

RanRan making such an intelligent and wide-ranging post that he manages to discuss the life expectancies for Diana and Mary

RanRan suggesting that both anti-Diana and anti-Mary posters would kill themselves should the two ladies actually make up

blackguy reminding us all of the various other pointless and ridiculous arguments over former Motown artists available for us to start through the medium of internet forum

thanxal saying sheet

RanRan quoting his grandmother

luke promoting himself to leader of the World Peace Council

Lol, I don’t know why I just did that, I guess I felt like it

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Thread highlights:

jobucats referring to thread as another episode of “The Housewives Of The Motown Forum”

RanRan making such an intelligent and wide-ranging post that he manages to discuss the life expectancies for Diana and Mary

RanRan suggesting that both anti-Diana and anti-Mary posters would kill themselves should the two ladies actually make up

blackguy reminding us all of the various other pointless and ridiculous arguments over former Motown artists available for us to start through the medium of internet forum

thanxal saying sheet

Tom,
    Both Luke and I had very nice positive exchanges. Please don't overlook overtures.
    Last edited by thanxal; 10-22-2017 at 07:13 PM.

They would refocus and start the Martha vs Betty feud or the Otis vs David feud
    This is true. Lol

Ranran, the people on this forum [[edit: myself included) are really unimportant compared to Mary and Diana [[and Flo and Cindy and Jean and Lynda and Sherrie and Susaye). Just sayin'.
    Thanxal I responded to the post you made in response to mine earlier, but for some reason the post seems to have disappeared. I wonder what happened?

Thread highlights:

thanxal saying sheet

Tom you're good at inserting humor in the middle of the craziness that goes on around here. In the words of Martha and the Vandellas, "Keep it up".

The only dates left this time around are October 25 27 28

Thanxal I responded to the post you made in response to mine earlier, but for some reason the post seems to have disappeared. I wonder what happened?
    Please repost as I have always found you to be a comrade.

And Tomato tom being the Henny Youngman of SD!

Tom,
    Both Luke and I had very nice positive exchanges. Please don't overlook overtures.
    Of course thanxal, you are vice World Peace Council leader

Tom you're good at inserting humor in the middle of the craziness that goes on around here. In the words of Martha and the Vandellas, "Keep it up".
    Thank you RanRan, I shall

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    And Tomato tom being the Henny Youngman of SD!
    Lol, I had no idea who that was but just looked him up, and I’m gonna take it as a compliment, so thank you luke

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    does that Wilson gal forget the 20+ years of nonstop Diana bashing and devaluing Diana ??

Diana will never trust her again. Nor would I.
    I hope this meeting happens backstage and im hoping for healing between these two ladies. There both getting older 74 next year so its time to put everything behind them and make peace imo.

Of course thanxal, you are vice World Peace Council leader
    Lol! Anything that gets us back to the music...

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I hope this meeting happens backstage and im hoping for healing between these two ladies. There both getting older 74 next year so its time to put everything behind them and make peace imo.
    As usual, you are correct, Roberta.

Please repost as I have always found you to be a comrade.
    Thanxal I would repost but can't remember everything I said. The one thing I do recall was that I have to cut Mary some slack with her announcement. My original issue was that she made the announcement to "us" before Diana. In other words we knew she was attempting to reconcile with Ross before Diana knew. But BG made a good point about the lines of communication being open between the two of them within the last ten years, so whose to say that Mary hasn't spoken to Diana or text her or whatever to let her know that she would try to make it and they should talk? Contrary to popular belief around here, we don't know everything that goes on between these two women, nor should we know everything. I don't know if Mary contacted Diana or not, I'm just saying my original post was made with only one scenario in mind and I have to remember that I'm only guessing and have no knowledge of the situation beyond Mary's words in the video.

As for you Thanxal, you, BG and a few others are the voices of reason around here. Your observations are objective and that should allow for good discussions, even when it's not just the music. If only everyone's input were as fair when it comes to this group of women.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I hope it happens in a hotel room, personally. I suspect there's a lot both women need to say to one another in order to right this ship, and backstage aint the place to do it. But I echo your sentiment.

I just saw this thread and am proud and amazed at how civil and on-point it is.......a beautiful thing in itself! For me, all i’m Going to say is that IF both parties involved are seeking ‘healing’ then i’m All for anything that brings more peace and love to individuals and thusly, the world. I’m one of the members who has no contact with Diana, but I doubt very much that IF she was warned it would have any difference in her actions. Ross doesn’t need input from anyone about her feelings about anyone in her personal life, I would suspect. If she was uneasy about her feelings with Mary, I think she’s the type to do something about it - she must be aware how a Mary feels after countless interviews. For that reason, if Mary goes to her show, I predict Diana will do a repeat of Motown The Musical - which I witnessed personally, remember - where Diana was gracious, smiling and got the hell outta there - staying at the after party a full five minutes. Mary has not heard from her since. I think Diana crossed Mary off thirty years ago and and has moved on - way, way on. They both played Vegas the same weekend earlier this year and not a peep from Ross. Mary knows Ross better than most and is well aware her only guarantee is a forced public meeting, but I don’t think Diana will bite.
    Im also not sure why Mary is seeking this so fervently as I have never, ever heard her utter one positive thing about Diana the person. She’s not necessarily negative either, mind you, but lots of rolled eyes and no stories about their good old days as friends, no references at all. I’m sure there are others here who know Mary that would concur. Cindy has said point blank that Diana and Mary were not close when she joined the group - that Diana spent some time with them, but often was alone or with Berry or others. I’ve been in touch with Mary since the 70s and I would bet my pension they have not had contact more than a dozen times since January 14, 1970. What exactly is she seeking?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    I just saw this thread and am proud and amazed at how civil and on-point it is.......a beautiful thing in itself! For me, all i’m Going to say is that IF both parties involved are seeking ‘healing’ then i’m All for anything that brings more peace and love to individuals and thusly, the world. I’m one of the members who has no contact with Diana, but I doubt very much that IF she was warned it would have any difference in her actions. Ross doesn’t need input from anyone about her feelings about anyone in her personal life, I would suspect. If she was uneasy about her feelings with Mary, I think she’s the type to do something about it - she must be aware how a Mary feels after countless interviews. For that reason, if Mary goes to her show, I predict Diana will do a repeat of Motown The Musical - which I witnessed personally, remember - where Diana was gracious, smiling and got the hell outta there - staying at the after party a full five minutes. Mary has not heard from her since. I think Diana crossed Mary off thirty years ago and and has moved on - way, way on. They both played Vegas the same weekend earlier this year and not a peep from Ross. Mary knows Ross better than most and is well aware her only guarantee is a forced public meeting, but I don’t think Diana will bite.
    Im also not sure why Mary is seeking this so fervently as I have never, ever heard her utter one positive thing about Diana the person. She’s not necessarily negative either, mind you, but lots of rolled eyes and no stories about their good old days as friends, no references at all. I’m sure there are others here who know Mary that would concur. Cindy has said point blank that Diana and Mary were not close when she joined the group - that Diana spent some time with them, but often was alone or with Berry or others. I’ve been in touch with Mary since the 70s and I would bet my pension they have not had contact more than a dozen times since January 14, 1970. What exactly is she seeking?
    Probably just to feel better.

They've got families and grandchildren - they've moved way on and this isn't that important to them.

honest man Guest
    I really would love Diana to get MW a no Access permit to her show,she brings trouble to DR every situation she attends,does n't the crafty fool not realize DR Has washed her hands off her,the Motown Musical appearance was cringing,MW Has no shame she S--T on DR from a great height,she is back in public demand and scheming Wilson will screw her again,DR KEEP HER OUT.

Here is a question I wasn't going to ask but here it goes, since some on here want to blame Mary for all that has happened, how much of the blame falls on Diana. Like I mentioned before, it takes 2 to tango

Here is a question I wasn't going to ask but here it goes, since some on here want to blame Mary for all that has happened, how much of the blame falls on Diana. Like I mentioned before, it takes 2 to tango
    Probably doesn't matter much. It's all opinion.

But if she is showing up at the show, I think only Wednesday, Friday and Saturday this week are left and then it's over for a til next year.

If they do meet, I hope Ross tells that Wilson gal to “Stop singing my lead vocal part.”

Let us wait and see what happens but it will take more than one meeting to heal the hurt. Diana and Mary are not close and were work colleagues for only 8 years or so, and that was almost 48 years ago. In any other industry they would have long since forgotten about each other. Any meeting should be done in private, and should not have been publicly mentioned beforehand. If such a meeting was ever to take place then the time to mention it should have been after the event, if at all. It has already got off to a bad start.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Let us wait and see what happens but it will take more than one meeting to heal the hurt. Diana and Mary are not close and were work colleagues for only 8 years or so, and that was almost 48 years ago. In any other industry they would have long since forgotten about each other. Any meeting should be done in private, and should not have been publicly mentioned beforehand. If such a meeting was ever to take place then the time to mention it should have been after the event, if at all. It has already got off to a bad start.
    This makes sense even if it is unfortunate. A lot more is made of this by the old time fans than it really is. There are only 5 days left to see if anything happens - there is no prohibition against her buying a ticket and going.

I will say it is a little ridiculous how everyone is making a big deal outta this. I do think it's time Diana has moved on though. Martha wrote about Diana in her book as well. She also wrote about how Rosalind pretty much influenced her into popping pills but that didn't stop the two of them from performing together. Ronnie Spector and Ronette cousin, Nedra Talley weren't exactly on the best terms with each other but they performed together in recent years.

I always wonder if Flo was alive if these childish games Mary and Diana play with each other would have went on. I believe she would have put her foot down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Exactly !

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I will say it is a little ridiculous how everyone is making a big deal outta this. I do think it's time Diana has moved on though. Martha wrote about Diana in her book as well. She also wrote about how Rosalind pretty much influenced her into popping pills but that didn't stop the two of them from performing together. Ronnie Spector and Ronette cousin, Nedra Talley weren't exactly on the best terms with each other but they performed together in recent years.

I always wonder if Flo was alive if these childish games Mary and Diana play with each other would have went on. I believe she would have put her foot down.
    Celebrities are people too, and thus I can not ask a celebrity to do or be anything that I can't see myself doing. A group of people I am related to crossed several lines in the last couple of years in the wake of two deaths. These were people I've known my entire life, some of whom were at the hospital the day I was born. And yet there will be no breaking of bread between us, no conversations, no contact [[beyond a beat down or a bullet) if I can help it. There is nothing wrong with cutting people out of your life that you deem don't belong there. Everyone has to do what they need to do for their happiness and their mental health.

From the outside looking in I always understood Diana's desire to stay the hell away from Mary. I would have done the same thing. But also from the outside looking in, I've always thought that if the two women communicated effectively [[especially from the very beginning, during the Supremes years) a lot of the bitterness and obstacles to the musical reunion could've been avoided. I always wish for people who can to reconcile. Reconciliation is a blessing. But at the same time if Diana does feel that opening the door to Mary might be more trouble than it's worth, well I get it. Again, everybody should do what they need to do for their own comfort, not anyone else. But as a fan I'm hoping that they can move past this and that it becomes something they both ultimately cherish.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    If Flo were alive there would have been no Dreamgirl book. If Flo were alive, there would have been no Motown 25 shenanigans on either Diana or Mary's part. I think Flo did a lot of growing up when she started climbing up after hitting rock bottom. I just can't see her tolerating the nonsense. Remember, after everything that had gone down between her and Diana in the 60s, and then naming Diana in the lawsuit in the 70s [[maliciously kicking her out of the group, the suit said), it was Florence who called Diana up and gave the two of them their final moment before Flo's death. She was already operating on a more mature level than her singing partners at that point, and I think if she had lived, her influence would have been greater. [[I also think if she had lived, the original Supremes would have reunited for more music eventually.)