[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes Coke jingles

We have had two released so what years were the other two...i thought one sounded like it was recorded around 66 and the other 67 or 66...can anyone help..and if it was 66 why were they not included on the expanded "A Go Go" like we had the others on the expanded "More Hits".

https://youtu.be/9PVJCuXe648
    Here are the ones from 65

Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    We have had two released so what years were the other two...i thought one sounded like it was recorded around 66 and the other 67 or 66...can anyone help..and if it was 66 why were they not included on the expanded "A Go Go" like we had the others on the expanded "More Hits".
    I can't remember which thread it was- possibly one of the A Go Go threads around the time of the release- but I posed a question about the commercial that sounds like it was done in 1966. You say there are two [[besides the ones from 1965) but I only know of one and I wondered why it hadn't been included on A Go Go expanded like the ones on More Hits. Someone replied that they believed the commercial is from 1967, not 1966. So I'm guessing maybe there's a chance it will make Sing HDH expanded.

There are two additional Coke jingles that I know of which were done in 1967. “It’s The Little Things” jingle has the same chorus as “Reflections” so we won’t see that until Reflections Expanded Edition. I’m not sure the date of the “Sippin’ A Coke” one but my guess is the same as the other. In Supremes Lost & Found, they said there were additional unreleased jingles. The dates of those is unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    There are two additional Coke jingles that I know of which were done in 1967. “It’s The Little Things” jingle has the same chorus as “Reflections” so we won’t see that until Reflections Expanded Edition. I’m not sure the date of the “Sippin’ A Coke” one but my guess is the same as the other. In Supremes Lost & Found, they said there were additional unreleased jingles. The dates of those is unknown.
    Hey Brad, until you mentioned it, I had never picked up the similarities between “It’s the Little Things” and the chorus of “Reflections.” I can totally hear it. With that said, my memories of listening to this jingle back in the 60s on that old suitcase looking radio I had in my room leads me to believe it was recorded before 1967 based on some family dynamics at the time. I don’t have documentation to back up my recollection; just my gut feeling because I loved this as much as I did any of the singles. Also, I recall there was both a short and longer version of ‘It’s the Little Things.”

Brad, I'm with Jobucats. Until your post I never noticed the similarities in the chorus. However I suspect that either "Reflections" has it's origins in the chorus of "It's the Little Things" or it's a coincidence because other than that the two songs couldn't sound any more different to my ears. I've never heard "Sippin a Coke", so that one is new to me. I'm looking forward to hearing it and the other unreleased jingles. As far as the time frame for any of them I'll have to defer to those of you who were actually around at the time.

Bump: Starting at 23:20, we have alternate vocals of The Sups' Coke commercials as well as "It's the Little Things":

would anyone have the Martha & the Vandellas Pepsi commercial "Come Alive, you're in the Pepsi Generation" to the beat & tune of "Wild One" ?

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Bump: Starting at 23:20, we have alternate vocals of The Sups' Coke commercials as well as "It's the Little Things":

This is a fun listen, thanks for posting Sansradio. I know this is a long shot but, I think it would be great to have a compilation of all the commercial jingles that Motown artists did in the '60s.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    I've got a collection of Coke Commercials and I've listened to "It's The Little Things" millions of times without noticing that it's similar to the chorus of "Reflections". Good point Brad!

Motony, I sent you a private message here on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    This is a fun listen, thanks for posting Sansradio. I know this is a long shot but, I think it would be great to have a compilation of all the commercial jingles that Motown artists did in the '60s.
    You're welcome, Eddie!

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Thanks Sans! The alternates were great to hear. I wonder why these didn't make it onto the More Hits expanded with the other ones?

^More than welcome, buddy! I know; I'm jonesing to own them, since I'm a fanatical DRATS completist!