[REMOVE ADS]

Yvonne Fair signing

When did Yvonne Fair officially sign to Motown?
    DFTMC indicates May 1969 to be the first finished recording on which she was the lead vocalist.
    Last edited by luckyluckyme; 10-13-2017 at 05:02 PM.

She and Chuck Jackson [[as separate acts, not a duo) opened for DRATS in the summer of 1968, so I would have to assume she signed with the label prior to that.

I recall reading an interview with Chuck Jackson where he talked about signing with Motown, and I believe he said that he and Yvonne had been signed at the same time, somewhere around 1967, possibly.

Hi!

That's right, Reese. Chuck told me that he went to Motown in October 1967 and a part of his deal was to take Yvonne Fair with him.

Best regards
    Heikki

She seemed to have been teamed up with Chuck first before being assigned a solo track in May 1968 on We Should Never Be Lonely My Love

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    She seemed to have been teamed up with Chuck first before being assigned a solo track in May 1968 on We Should Never Be Lonely My Love
    They have a nice duet on the first A CELLARFUL OF MOTOWN! collection, "It Must Be Love."

honest man Guest
    [QUOTE=BigAl;419491]She and Chuck Jackson [[as separate acts, not a duo) opened for DRATS in the summer of 1968, so I would have to assume she signed with the label prior to that.[/QUOTE Wow ,What i would have given to see those 3 acts appearing on the same bill,especially DRATS my all time fave group,and Chuck my all time fave male singer and Yvonne Fair just pure TNT,what an experience-dream for me,cheers.

I think the notes with the reissue of "The Bitch is Black" include a brief bio of Yvonne's early career, and as I recall I think they interviewed someone from her family also. Of course, I can't find my copy at the moment to verify that.

“Yvonne was touring with Chuck Jackson when the Motown connection was made”

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...motown&f=false