[REMOVE ADS]

Women of Motown updated book released 10/6/17 available.

I just ordered the Women of Motown book which is updated from the 1988 issue by the award winning journalist and writer Susan Whitall.

Here are the details on how you can also order one of these. It will be a great addition to your collection.

https://www.amazon.com/Women-Motown-...omen+of+Motown

The sample pages on Amazon list an acknowledgement of the artists on the cover of the 2nd edition as being the Marvelettes.
    Really? Which Marvelettes? Motown the Musical's?

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I just ordered the Women of Motown book which is updated from the 1988 issue by the award winning journalist and writer Susan Whitall.

Here are the details on how you can also order one of these. It will be a great addition to your collection.

https://www.amazon.com/Women-Motown-...omen+of+Motown
    Did you read the original version? I bought it many years ago and coincidentally, am currently reading it again. I see that the updated edition includes a chapter on Janie Bradford, but the other chapters are the same. It would be interesting to know what has been added.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    The sample pages on Amazon list an acknowledgement of the artists on the cover of the 2nd edition as being the Marvelettes.
    Really? Which Marvelettes? Motown the Musical's?
    I wonder whose idea it was to use that photo. I have the original edition and its fairly well done, but using a photo like that on the cover of the new edition, and, worse, ID'ing it as The Marvelettes, is just plain wrong, and will almost certainly affect a potential buyer's view of the credibility of the book as a whole.