[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTopCat View Post
    The problem with ordering the set if you're outside the US isn't the payment. It's the shipping and import tax that are surely going to make it significantly more expensive.

1000 copies sure sounds like an awfully low number. I'm sure that if they exceed it, they're not gonna say no to more money though ��
    Yes it came to around £52 in GBP all told because of tax and shipping.

I'm trying to get to the bottom of this. Some people in the UK have managed to order it, but at present on the Checkout page you can only select countries in the Americas.

Keith
    Any news on 1967 please?

Still waiting to hear whether the last 2/3 have cleared, Snakepit. I promise I'll post a listing as soon as I know.

Thanks Keith.
    Perhaps one day you might have time to explain the 'clearance' issues?
    Most of us are ignorant of these issues that I know you work so hard on.
    Thanks again.

To Keith or those in the know,

Will this be available through Amazon [[US)? I want to buy the set but don't want to spend $10 on shipping if I can avoid it.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by keith_hughes View Post
    I'm trying to get to the bottom of this. Some people in the UK have managed to order it, but at present on the Checkout page you can only select countries in the Americas.
    The secret of ordering is over on the Motown Unreleased thread, revealed by J.B. - thanks to him.

Unlike the digital releases, this product is being sold by the UMC Division of Universal. I doubt if it will appear on Amazon, it will likely sell out on this site.

Clearance is quite simply establishing that Universal Music [[in this case) is legally entitled to offer a given track by a given artist for sale to the public. The fact that Universal have a copy of the track in their possession does not on its own give them the right to release it.

Keith - does it also have anything to do with royalties and do the artists or their estates have any say [[e.g. have to give permission for release)?

The secret of ordering is over on the Motown Unreleased thread, revealed by J.B. - thanks to him.

Unlike the digital releases, this product is being sold by the UMC Division of Universal. I doubt if it will appear on Amazon, it will likely sell out on this site.

Clearance is quite simply establishing that Universal Music [[in this case) is legally entitled to offer a given track by a given artist for sale to the public. The fact that Universal have a copy of the track in their possession does not on its own give them the right to release it.
    Thanks for the info Keith. I have now ordered this via Paypal into the UK. I have had an acknowledgement back from them that the order has been received. Interestingly, although the delivery charge was fixed, the price paid shows a higher rate than shown when I ordered it. The total came to $69.00

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Keith - does it also have anything to do with royalties and do the artists or their estates have any say [[e.g. have to give permission for release)?
    That's what "clearance" is partly about. It's dealt with by Universal's Legal Department. They have to find the original contract between the artist and Motown, and study the terms & conditions. Maybe there's a clause about royalties, maybe one about artist's permission. Maybe there's a time limit clause. That last was what stopped us from including all the leased Rare Earth singles on TCMS - the contract with EMI had expired.

Okay, got my order in. Definitely don't want to miss buying this one. Thanks Keith!

Keith, I’ve read on a Four Seasons [[Unreleased Motown material) group on Facebook that someone “who would know” is saying on a Yahoo group that Motown Unreleased: 1967 may not be [[digitally) released until some time in 2018. [[Which, to me, seems to defeat the whole point of releasing these tracks before the 50-year limit with copyright passes.)

Will these clearance issues you’re experiencing actually push the whole 1967 set into a 2018 release—and is this seemingly sketchy information actually true?
    Last edited by danman869; 12-04-2017 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Removed my emoji for one on this site so it will be visible to readers

Any new info about 1967?

Also, any chance that some of the previous releases may be retrospectively released on CD; even if combined?

1967 is in mastering - just a few tweaks to go. There will be 89 tracks in total.

I very much hope earlier vols will come to CD. Would make sense, wouldn't it, if 1966 has really sold out. But I don't know.

I’m sure the six tracks that will not be included won’t be missed! Especially if they were some overseas garage band or something!

1967 is in mastering - just a few tweaks to go. There will be 89 tracks in total.

I very much hope earlier vols will come to CD. Would make sense, wouldn't it, if 1966 has really sold out. But I don't know.
    Thanks for the update Keith. Can you at least provide the artists names and song titles of the six "lost" tracks. What month are we looking at for release and what is the plan for the CD release for this collection?

Just as long as the list tracks aren't FOUR TOPS tracks we'll be right as rain.

We have two Fridays before the end of the year. Fingers crossed for a release just in time for Christmas! I love the Motown Sound of 1967 so I'm hoping there are some real gems [[Gladys Knight & the Pips, Spinners).

1966 boxset now for sale on umusic, anyone know of an outlet shipping to Europe / UK?

Ah, looks like if you pay with PayPal then order to Europe accepted. :-)

6 tracks missing? Huh! We can guess 6 Stevie wonder tracks were originally intended!
    Yikes!
    ;-)
    JB

I really hope that some of GKATP tracks are among the 89!

So here's the deal, and why I couldn't initially order to Europe yesterday...

It seems that if you go to checkout after putting one item in the basket, then the only option is to register [[and only Americas listed), but if you order 2, then edit the basket, then go to checkout you have the option to pay via PayPal [[without registering).

Of course, this could just be a flaw in the system; I guess I'll only find out if the fulfil or cancel the order!

They’ll probably will be! Some of the songs from the aborted “Time Can’t Erase” collection were recorded in 1967! The real surprise was the discovery of HDH productions from last year! I always thought that they never worked with them.

Has a track listing been published?

Quote Originally Posted by simon.millar View Post
    So here's the deal, and why I couldn't initially order to Europe yesterday...

It seems that if you go to checkout after putting one item in the basket, then the only option is to register [[and only Americas listed), but if you order 2, then edit the basket, then go to checkout you have the option to pay via PayPal [[without registering).

Of course, this could just be a flaw in the system; I guess I'll only find out if the fulfil or cancel the order!
    Simon, I think there are many of us here in the U.K who paid with paypal without registering. So while my paypal account shows i've paid out - I have received no confirmation email to say my order will be fulfilled.

Udiscover music website says customers outside of the U.S can request a refund if the item has not been delivered after 90 days of the release date.

So fingers crossed we get our prize - otherwise it does look like we will be covered for a refund - though how easy the process will be is another matter!

Let's hope 'Unreleased 1967' is available through Amazon - and put us fans out of the this misery. It really shouldn't be this tricky to buy a cd!

Just to confer...

I'm also in the UK.

I ordered a copy from udiscovermusic yesterday, via a Google search for 'Motown Unreleased 1966' , which led to a 'listen/buy' link.

This link via Google appears to be still working today. However, when going to udiscovermusic direct, the website does not appear to show the boxset as currently available, either with a search being made, or by checking out the Motown titles.

I paid by PayPal, but without registering with udiscover music. Presumably that means details of the order may not be viewed there, at least until I do register?

I've just checked with my PayPal account, and the sum is showing as debited.. $69.65, converting to £54.14, and which has been deducted from the available balance on my bank account. I assume this will show as a debit tomorrow, being the next working day.

However, I did swiftly receive a receipt from PayPal, but which gives no despatch details......
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 12-17-2017 at 11:12 AM.

Well, I ordered on 12/2/17 using my American Express through umusic.com direct. They lost no time in putting through the charge to AE. I have yet to receive any kind of confirmation from them. After sending them 3 emails through their website complaining about non receipt of a confirmation they simply said check my inbox or my spam which I always closely examine spam before deleting. I requested another one. NOTHING. We would probably get better service if Amazon handled the sales of these perhaps from one location vs. everywhere since there are only 1,000 being released. At this point I am dubious I will ever receive it. If I don't get it by the first of January I will dispute the charge. They could have at least waited until a few days before shipment is to be made to put through the charge. Has anyone else gotten a confirmation email for the order?

Just got a shipping confirmation email yesterday [[Monday, December 18). My copy of Motown Unreleased 1966" CDs has shipped. Also, my copy of "John Morales M+M Mixes [[Vol. 4)" arrived yesterday. It's gonna be a good Christmas after all! Hope you get your copies soon.

Hey Guys
    This thread is for the new 1967...
    There is a 1966 thread...

I agree with you snakepit. This thread should only be for the 1967s edition. We should keep our fingers crossed that it will be released at the end of the year.

Thanks Melody man
    It was getting confusing.

Hi Melodyman,
    I wouldn't mind compiling a GK &PS L&F CD myself.
    Have you a list of the tracks you used for yours?
    Thanks

These unreleased compilations have historically been released on December 15th. I think they need to be released before the end of the year in order to quality for copyright protection. Fingers crossed that the 1967 set gets released before Christmas. So many new songs to look forward to!

The 'Don't Forget the Motor City' website shows 1966 as released on Dec 30; 1965-Dec 11; 1964- Dec 16; 1963-Dec 17

Looks like we won't get the forthcoming one until the new year. Whatever happens I have my ITunes in order and my Maxell CD-R's just came today. Just waiting to take action.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    Looks like we won't get the forthcoming one until the new year. Whatever happens I have my ITunes in order and my Maxell CD-R's just came today. Just waiting to take action.
    We have either this Friday or the 29th. I'm willing to bet we will see it on the 29th just like last year.

Hi snakepit, I made a list last year. It includes all the songs that were intended for the "Time Can't Erase"-album plus the tracks from Unreleased 1966. The dates are from dftmc:

- In My Heart I Know It’s Right 19.04.66
    - The Lonely Heart And Lonely Eyes Of Lonely Me 23.04.66
    - Just Walk In My Shoes [[Unedited Long Version) 25.04.66
    - I’m Losing You 25.04.66
    - All These Things [Duet with The Spinners] 26.04.66
    - Any Girl In Love 28.04.66
    - Steppng Closer To Your Heart [[Stereo Mix 2005) 28.04.66

- Nothing But A Fool 07.05.66
    - Too Late For You And Me 07.05.66
    - You’re Gone [[But Always In My Heart) 13.05.66
    - Don’t Compare Me With Her 18.05.66
    - Here Are The Pieces Of My Broken Heart [[Stereo Mix/Long Version) 11.08.66
    - I Can’t Take You Back 19.10.66
    - Good Lovin’ Ain’t Easy 23.11.66

- If You Ever Get Your Hands On Love 11.01.67
    - Take Me In Your Arms And Love Me [[Alternate Mix) 30.07.67
    - Everyday I’ll Love You More Than Yesterday 21.03.67
    - I’m Gonna Get You 11.05.67
    - Is This Why [[I Gave My Love To You) 11.05.67
    - The Day You Take One [[You Have To Take The Other) 13.06.67
    - The Things Time Can’t Erase 14.06.67
    - I Heard It Through The Grapevine [[Alternate Mix) 21.06.67
    - When Somebody Loves You [[You’ll Never Alone)[[2nd Overdub)05.08.67
    - A Bird In The Hand [[Is Worth Two In The Bush) 24.11.67

- Coca Cola Commercials [[Joe’s Place & Happy Memories) 27.05.68
    - Billy, Come On Back As Quick As You Can [[Alternate Mix) 25.11.68

- Somebody Stole The Sunshine [[Alternate Mix) 14.03.69
    - You Took Me This Far [[Take Me All The Way) 18.03.69
    - A Man Is A Woman’s Weakness 30.07.69
    - Just In Time [[Live Copa) 10.69

- Just Like You Never Loved Me 25.01.70
    - My Life Can’t Go On Without You 12.03.70
    - Thank You Falettinme Be Mice 17.05.70

- Standing Ovation LP Promo [[Spoken Word) 71
    - It’s Bad For Me To See You 22.02.71
    - I’m Gonna Make You Love Me 21.09.71

Gospel:

- Just A Closer Walk With Thee [Alternate Version] 66

I also put the Single Reference Mix of "Here Are The Pieces Of My Broken Heart" on it. A mono mix of "If You Ever Get Your Hands On Love" I've made myself with audacity and added it to the album. Regards

Hi Melodyman,
    Many thanks for that list.
    I should have most of them on various sets...
    A cd-r would be a good project...

Hi snakepit,
    the tracks "Is This Why [[I Gave My Love To You)", "You Took Me This Far [[Take Me All The Way)" and "My Life Can’t Go On Without You" are previously unreleased, also the promo to the "Standing Ovation" LP. I hope that "Is This Why..." will be included on the Motown Unreleased 1967, it's written by Dennis Lussier and Debbie Dean.
    I heard that there are three more titles. For their 1970 "Greatest Hits"-album GKATP also should have recorded new versions of "Eather Way I Lose" and "Lovers Always Forgive " but they were left in the vaults. And there's a song called "You Need Me" but I have no information about that.

Thanks
    I have all the 'bonus' tracks, and CFOM/ unreleased 66 etc . Need to have a look really,...the unreleased you mention are interesting....not sure I know them, but maybe 67 will throw up some titles.
    I'm hoping for tracks by GK, Spinners , Originals and other artists of this type.

Maybe there will also be some tracks by Martha Reeves & The Vandellas and also by the great Brenda Holloway, 1967 was her last year there.

Yes...66/67 , with the Golden World acquisition, probably saw Motown at it's peak recording schedule...others I hope to see are Ivy Hunter, Jimmy Ruffin, Jr Walker, Chuck Jackson .not interested in live stuff personally, ...let's see.

Shorty Long, Chris Clark, Rita Wright ...Contours??

Quote Originally Posted by MelodyMan View Post
    Hi snakepit, I made a list last year. It includes all the songs that were intended for the "Time Can't Erase"-album plus the tracks from Unreleased 1966. The dates are from dftmc:

- In My Heart I Know It’s Right 19.04.66
    - The Lonely Heart And Lonely Eyes Of Lonely Me 23.04.66
    - Just Walk In My Shoes [[Unedited Long Version) 25.04.66
    - I’m Losing You 25.04.66
    - All These Things [Duet with The Spinners] 26.04.66
    - Any Girl In Love 28.04.66
    - Steppng Closer To Your Heart [[Stereo Mix 2005) 28.04.66

- Nothing But A Fool 07.05.66
    - Too Late For You And Me 07.05.66
    - You’re Gone [[But Always In My Heart) 13.05.66
    - Don’t Compare Me With Her 18.05.66
    - Here Are The Pieces Of My Broken Heart [[Stereo Mix/Long Version) 11.08.66
    - I Can’t Take You Back 19.10.66
    - Good Lovin’ Ain’t Easy 23.11.66

- If You Ever Get Your Hands On Love 11.01.67
    - Take Me In Your Arms And Love Me [[Alternate Mix) 30.07.67
    - Everyday I’ll Love You More Than Yesterday 21.03.67
    - I’m Gonna Get You 11.05.67
    - Is This Why [[I Gave My Love To You) 11.05.67
    - The Day You Take One [[You Have To Take The Other) 13.06.67
    - The Things Time Can’t Erase 14.06.67
    - I Heard It Through The Grapevine [[Alternate Mix) 21.06.67
    - When Somebody Loves You [[You’ll Never Alone)[[2nd Overdub)05.08.67
    - A Bird In The Hand [[Is Worth Two In The Bush) 24.11.67

- Coca Cola Commercials [[Joe’s Place & Happy Memories) 27.05.68
    - Billy, Come On Back As Quick As You Can [[Alternate Mix) 25.11.68

- Somebody Stole The Sunshine [[Alternate Mix) 14.03.69
    - You Took Me This Far [[Take Me All The Way) 18.03.69
    - A Man Is A Woman’s Weakness 30.07.69
    - Just In Time [[Live Copa) 10.69

- Just Like You Never Loved Me 25.01.70
    - My Life Can’t Go On Without You 12.03.70
    - Thank You Falettinme Be Mice 17.05.70

- Standing Ovation LP Promo [[Spoken Word) 71
    - It’s Bad For Me To See You 22.02.71
    - I’m Gonna Make You Love Me 21.09.71

Gospel:

- Just A Closer Walk With Thee [Alternate Version] 66

I also put the Single Reference Mix of "Here Are The Pieces Of My Broken Heart" on it. A mono mix of "If You Ever Get Your Hands On Love" I've made myself with audacity and added it to the album. Regards
    I once heard Morris Broadnax talk about a song called "Baby, my love is showing" that never surfaced. I wonder if that's still in existence on a master tape. He said it was a good song,so Hopefully it'll come to the top one day.

Hi Quinn,
    I heard of the song "Baby My Love Is Showing" too but no info about that. Maybe it will be on the Unreleased 67? I love Gladys' strong and powerful voice.

Here it is - as I have it at present. May be slight variations in running order, but I hope they're all here.

BUNDLE #1
    1.01 Poor Side Of Town - The Monitors [alternate lead vocal]
    1.02 Winchester Cathedral - The Monitors
    1.03 Just Say The Word - Earl Van Dyke
    1.04 Road To Happiness - Billy Eckstine
    1.05 Don't Try To Tie Me Down - Rick Witte
    1.06 Eyes - Rick Witte
    1.07 Bring It On Home To Me - The Underdogs
    1.08 Come On Up - The Underdogs
    1.09 Emily - Marvin Gaye [1967 version]
    1.10 The Whip A Rang - Earl Van Dyke [studio version]
    1.11 She Needs Me - Marvin Gaye
    1.12 The Shadow Of Your Smile - Marvin Gaye [1967 version]
    1.13 I Hear A Rhapsody - Billy Eckstine
    1.14 I'll Be Loving You - Billy Eckstine
    1.15 Lost - Billy Eckstine
    1.16 Come See About Me - The Underdogs
    1.17 Last Train To Clarksville - The Underdogs
    1.18 Fly Me To The Moon [[In Other Words) - Marvin Gaye [1967 version]
    1.19 Maria - Marvin Gaye [1967 version]
    1.20 I Feel Like I'm Falling In Love Again - Jimmy Ruffin
    1.21 All The Way - Marvin Gaye [1967 version]
    1.22 Funny [[Not Much) - Marvin Gaye

BUNDLE #2
    2.01 More [[Theme From Mondo Cane) - Marvin Gaye [1967 version]
    2.02 This Will Make You Laugh - Marvin Gaye
    2.03 Fanny - Marvin Gaye [1967 version]
    2.04 What's New - Marvin Gaye [1967 version]
    2.05 Where Are You - Marvin Gaye [1967 version]
    2.06 Lost - Barbara McNair
    2.07 You Hit Me Where It Hurt Me - The Underdogs
    2.08 It's My Time - The Underdogs
    2.09 If You Don't Want My Love - The Underdogs
    2.10 I Got A Feeling Baby - The Underdogs
    2.11 What Goes Up Must Come Down - Four Tops
    2.12 Standing In Yesterday - Chris Clark
    2.13 Baby My Love Is Showing - Gladys Knight & The Pips
    2.14 If I Am Lucky - Barbara McNair
    2.15 That's How Strong My Love Is - The Messengers
    2.16 I'll Keep Holding On - The Messengers
    2.17 My World Is Empty Without You - The Messengers
    2.18 Ame Cherie [[Soul Darling) - Jr. Walker & the All Stars [with strings]
    2.19 Dream Girl - Smokey Robinson & the Miracles
    2.20 All In The Promise Of Tomorrow - Chris Clark
    2.21 Since I Don't Have You - The Temptations
    2.22 Seek And You Shall Find - The Messengers
    2.23 All I Want Is A Little Bit Of Love - Barbara McNair
    2.24 Hi-Lili - Hi-Lo - Shorty Long
    2.25 Why Wait - Shorty Long

BUNDLE #3
    3.01 Baby Don't Put Me Down - Gladys Knight & The Pips
    3.02 Is This Why [[I Gave My Love To You) - Gladys Knight & The Pips
    3.03 I'm In Love [[And I Know It) - The Velvelettes [alternate lead vocal]
    3.04 Love Woke Me Up This Morning - Valerie Simpson [first version]
    3.05 Double 0 And A Half - The Agents
    3.06 Jag Jockey - Jr. Walker & the All Stars
    3.07 The Things I Do For You - Jr. Walker & the All Stars [alternate version]
    3.08 It's My Time - The Mynah Birds [1967 version]
    3.09 Turn On Your Lovelight - The Underdogs
    3.10 Night Fo' Last - Shorty Long [first version]
    3.11 It's Love Baby [[24 Hours Of The Day) - Joe Stubbs
    3.12 Nothing For Nothing - Jr. Walker & the All Stars
    3.13 It Hurts To Be In Love - Chris Clark
    3.14 All I Could Do Was Cry - Chris Clark & The Vancouvers
    3.15 You've Got What It Takes - Chris Clark
    3.16 Since I Fell For You - Chris Clark
    3.17 The Glory Of Love - Chris Clark
    3.18 I Don't Know What You Got - Edwin Starr
    3.19 Gonna Keep On Tryin' Till I Win Your Love - Edwin Starr [alternate version]

BUNDLE #4
    4.01 Walk Down That Road - Billy Eckstine
    4.02 The Little White Cloud That Cried - Billy Eckstine
    4.03 You Taught Me How To Care - Martha Reeves & the Vandellas
    4.04 I Want A Love I Can See - The Underdogs
    4.05 Your Sweet Love Is All I Need [[Your Love Is Sufficient) - The Spinners
    4.06 Don't Take Your Love Away I Can't Stand It - The Spinners
    4.07 If You Can Want – Smokey Robinson & the Miracles [first version]
    4.08 To See The Sun Again - Chuck Jackson [alternate lead vocal]
    4.09 Destination: Anywhere - The Marvelettes [alternate lead vocal]
    4.10 I'm So Glad It's Twilight Time – Martha Reeves & the Vandellas
    4.11 Funky Soul - The Agents
    4.12 Soul Line - The Agents
    4.13 Alice - The Agents
    4.14 Ready In A Jiffy - The Agents
    4.15 People Get Ready - Vancouvers
    4.16 Day By Day Or Never - Bobby Taylor & The Vancouvers [alternate version]
    4.17 Do Right Baby Do Right - Chris Clark & The Vancouvers
    4.18 Got To Get You Into My Life - Chris Clark & The Vancouvers
    4.19 I Want To Go Back There Again - Chris Clark & The Vancouvers
    4.20 Try - Bobby Taylor & The Vancouvers
    4.21 Sunny - San Remo Golden Strings
    4.22 Only A Lonely Man Would Know - Ivy Jo [first version]
    4.23 It's Love I Need - Brenda Holloway [alternate lead vocal]

Thanks Keith. The CC & Gladys tracks look good.

Destination: Anywhere - The Marvelettes [alternate lead vocal] - Ann?

No, Wanda - but in her sexy voice!