[REMOVE ADS]

Do you see my love for you growing-jr.walker an the allstars

One of the funkiest songs ever to come out of motown,but not played on radio or thought much of today,who likes this groove?

Love it! "Do You See My Love For You Growing" was one of the highlites of Jr. Walker & the All Stars "mellow period" [[and I remember hearing it a lot on the radio when it was a hit).

Even back in the day,it didn't get much play in d.c. For some reason,and today on the [so-called]oldies stations-forget it..a motown classic.

I've always like this recording. One of my earliest memories is hearing it played around my neighborhood. But I never knew the performer or the song's title until many years later.

I loved it! I consider it from Junior Walker and the Allstars "Smooth and Mellow" period.

Jr Walker is just so underrated and overlooked! The majority of his albums have never been issued on CD and whose that have been are out of print and hard to find!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    One of the funkiest songs ever to come out of motown,but not played on radio or thought much of today,who likes this groove?
    Love it - love it! This period of his music is a great favourite of mine. I'm getting old and STILL no cd release of his early 70's albums. How in the world?....

It’s only my fave Jr Walker track period - even better than Shotgun- this 45 is on my spindle frequently.......very frequently.

Great track arr@bee and like Lakedistrict I love this period of Jr Walker and the All Stars. If only they could issue some of his early 70's albums on CD .

Probably my favorite Jr Walker song. I love everything about it. Terrific period of music from this guy.

Mmmhmm, I love this! Fantastic song. Kinda reminds me of “Gotta Hold On To This Feeling” but faster!!!

I think “Gotta Hold On” is my favourite Junior Walker song BTW

I love this track. One of my favorites from Junior Walker. The man deserves to be in the Rock Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    Love it - love it! This period of his music is a great favourite of mine. I'm getting old and STILL no cd release of his early 70's albums. How in the world?....
    There was a plan a while back by a third party label to do a box set or a series of box sets of all Juniors LP's and out takes but when physical sales started to slow it got shelved.

The original doo-wop version of DYSMLFYG by Johnny & Jackey on Tri-Phi in 1962 makes an interesting contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    The original doo-wop version of DYSMLFYG by Johnny & Jackey on Tri-Phi in 1962 makes an interesting contrast.
    Indeed, but I love doo-wop !

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    There was a plan a while back by a third party label to do a box set or a series of box sets of all Juniors LP's and out takes but when physical sales started to slow it got shelved.
    Wow...now that would have been amazing. If only....

Just loved The Mellow Mood Period of Junior, there must be enough demand for someone to put together a collection on CD from that period.

Junior and Allstars had a number of nice cuts during their "Smooth & Mellow" period between roughly 1968-72. Here's another one of my favorites during this period:

Jr.'s "Do You See My Love For You Growing" received a lot of airplay on our local Top 40 AM radio station upon its release. I loved it from the first moment I heard it, and still do.