[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    Berry Gordy's Personal Piano Highlights 'Motown Mansion' Auction

    Berry Gordy's Personal Piano Highlights 'Motown Mansion' Auction

    Over 600 original pressing 45's from the famed record label's catalog

    More details here;

    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/berry-gordys-personal-piano-highlights-motown-mansion-sale-w508309

  2. #2
    Hi Eddie, that link wasnít working for me so here it is again: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...n-sale-w508309

    By the way, this is really cool. I wonder if you can bid for things online.

    Ooh, I found this... it talks about an online Ďglobal auctioní... https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.c...nd-memorabilia

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hi Eddie, that link wasnít working for me so here it is again: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...n-sale-w508309

    By the way, this is really cool. I wonder if you can bid for things online.

    Ooh, I found this... it talks about an online Ďglobal auctioní... https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.c...nd-memorabilia
    You planning on buying that piano, Tom? HeHe!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    You planning on buying that piano, Tom? HeHe!
    Of course Gary! I mean, Itís only several thousand dollars! I might even get the Adolf Schreyer painting to go with it

    https://www.liveauctioneers.com/cata...story-auction/

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Of course Gary! I mean, Itís only several thousand dollars! I might even get the Adolf Schreyer painting to go with it

    https://www.liveauctioneers.com/cata...story-auction/
    Heck, Tom, we'll get a couple of 'em! ;-)

  6. #6
    The piano isn't worth the price. It is a player piano. Steinway put out a few of them and none were much good.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    The piano isn't worth the price. It is a player piano. Steinway put out a few of them and none were much good.
    I will pull my bid Ralph based on your information. LOL

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    The piano isn't worth the price. It is a player piano. Steinway put out a few of them and none were much good.
    Ralph, if I had the money and space enough to display it, that piano would still be cool to have just based on whose hands have undoubtedly played it -- Berry himself, Marvin Gaye, Smokey, Earl Van Dyke, Norman Whitfield, H-D-H, Deke Richards, or any of the Motowners who visited Berry's home for those Motown Christmas parties!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Ralph, if I had the money and space enough to display it, that piano would still be cool to have just based on whose hands have undoubtedly played it -- Berry himself, Marvin Gaye, Smokey, Earl Van Dyke, Norman Whitfield, H-D-H, Deke Richards, or any of the Motowners who visited Berry's home for those Motown Christmas parties!
    Well, Gare, since itís a player piano (one that plays itself with piano rolls), none of those people would have played it! 😁

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Well, Gare, since itís a player piano (one that plays itself with piano rolls), none of those people would have played it! 😁
    I think player pianos can be played manually, can't they? Or maybe not. Well, Sans, it was a nice thought for one brief, star-struck moment!

  11. #11
    Player pianos can absolutely be played like a regular piano. We have one in our historical society museum and I always encourage our visitors to play it when we aren't running a roll through it.
    Darin

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    Player pianos can absolutely be played like a regular piano. We have one in our historical society museum and I always encourage our visitors to play it when we aren't running a roll through it.
    Darin
    Thanks, Darin. There's still hope for my star-struck aspirations!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    Player pianos can absolutely be played like a regular piano. We have one in our historical society museum and I always encourage our visitors to play it when we aren't running a roll through it.
    Darin
    I stand corrected. Carry on!😁

  14. #14
    Player pianos used to be called "pianolas" in the UK when I was a kid.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.