[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes Star Mary Wilson Narrowly Missed Russian Airport Bombing

http://www.showbiz411.com/2011/01/27...irport-bombing

Mary Wilson, legendary star of the Supremes, narrowly missed the Russian airport bombing on Monday.

Mary and her group were arriving in Russia on Monday just as Domodedovo Airport was bombed by terrorists. Thirty five people were killed.

“We were shaking in our boots,” Mary told me over the phone today from Krasnodar, near the Black Sea. She’s on tour for the US Embassy in Moscow via the Humpty Dumpty Institute, playing sold out shows and lecturing on the intersection of Morown and the US Civil Right Movement to sold out crowds. The boots she’s shaking in are pretty warm, too, considering it’s well below zero.

“Our plane landed at a different airport,” Mary told me, “and we had to take the train into Moscow. It was then that we heard about the bombing. We’re so upset for the families.”

Wilson frequently tours the world for the UN as an ambassador. She also tours a collection of her gowns from the Motown era; the exhibition is following her around Russia, heading to the Ukraine next. It would be a perfect installation at the Metropolitan Museum of New York’s Costume Institute.

Next Mary and her band head to Moscow for a series of dates.

Categories: Celebrity, Music

Am I the only one who wonders if this is connected to that Bear person I mentioned in my other thread. It's too close together and a strange coincidence....

Quote Originally Posted by Koach View Post
    Am I the only one who wonders if this is connected to that Bear person I mentioned in my other thread. It's too close together and a strange coincidence....
    I don't know, but if you follow the link to the story, you will see that he commented on the article.

Thank God Mary is ok. It made me think of how she and Cindy and Scherrie escaped from London hotel bombing.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Thank God Mary is ok. It made me think of how she and Cindy and Scherrie escaped from London hotel bombing.

I am glad - super glad that Miss Wilson and her staff are ok.

Wow, what a scare. Glad she's OK.

What about the 35 people who were killed. Is there any sympathy for them?

^ Oh most definitely. That's a real horrible tragedy.

My prayers go out those who have lost their families in this tragedy. Also I am glad Miss Wilson is safe.