[REMOVE ADS]

New Temptations Musical 'AIN'T TOO PROUD' Breaks Berkeley Rep's House Record

New Temptations Musical 'AIN'T TOO PROUD' Breaks Berkeley Rep's House Record

by BWW News Desk Oct. 6, 2017
    Tweet

Name:  25D614195-EB5A-9304-2DC0114B5AA9F4C1.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  27.2 KB

Berkeley Repertory Theatre announced that the world-premiere musical Ain't Too Proud - The Life and Times of The Temptations is the highest-grossing production in its nearly 50- year history. With box office receipts already exceeding $3.1 million - and sales still not completed - Ain't Too Proud has become a bona fide hit.

"We are thrilled with the success of this show," says Managing Director Susan Medak, "and equally thrilled that its success will help us support so many other productions that are also wonderful but may not have as monumental a reach."

The show, originally scheduled for a limited run, was extended an additional four weeks to meet demand, and must close on November 5.

An electrifying new musical about the life and times of The Temptations, the greatest R&B group of all time [[Billboard Magazine 2017). They were five young guys on the streets of Detroit when they were discovered by Berry Gordy, who signed them to his legendary new label. After 24 attempts, they finally had a hit and the rest is history-how they met, how they rose, the groundbreaking heights they hit, and how personal and political conflicts threatened to tear the group apart as the nation fell into civil unrest. Kennedy Prize-winning playwright Dominique Morisseau, Olivier Award-winning choreographer Sergio Trujillo, and two-time Tony Award-winning director Des McAnuff bring you this thrilling story of brotherhood, family, loyalty, and betrayal. Iconic hits like "My Girl," "Just My Imagination," and "Papa Was a Rolling Stone" and the signature dance moves that made the "Classic Five" Temptations part of our cultural history forever.

Nice

Hopefully they start it in the UK too so I can go and see it... if it’s anything like Motown The Musical I will die and go to heaven... for the second time, lol

Well alright! I knew it would work. Congratulations to everyone involved and thank you Luciano for sharing this good news here.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Well alright! I knew it would work. Congratulations to everyone involved and thank you Luciano for sharing this good news here.
    You're welcome Marv! Can't wait for it to get to NYC!

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
    You're welcome Marv! Can't wait for it to get to NYC!
    Oh well yeah!!!! LOL!

Wow! I'm happy to hear that The Temptations Musical is a Success and as others already said, can't wait for it to come to NYC. Thanks to Luciano for bringing the good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Wow! I'm happy to hear that The Temptations Musical is a Success and as others already said, can't wait for it to come to NYC. Thanks to Luciano for bringing the good news.
    You're welcome Motown Eddie!