[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Blinky

Blinky

Any further news on the announced CD release by Blinky? It was supposed to released sometime this year on Reel Music.

kam
    i just checked the thread i started on this a few months back.it says "nov or early 2011" i copied that info,i havent seen anything else on it.sorry.as soon as i see anything,and its not on sdf,i'll post it!

kam
    i checked my original thread on this and i wrote"nov or early 2011 release" i copied that info and i havent seen any more details on it,sorry.if i do and it isnt on sdf i will post it!

If you check further down your thread you'll note:

Blinky Release Information
    "Sunny And Warm" will be released in mid-February 2011. I'm sorry that the wait is quite long.

There's a lot of work to be done on the booklet and art research. I've spoken with Blinky a couple of times in the last week or so and we're going to be spending a lot of time making sure her story is told right and in her own words.

The second album will be released about eight or so months later. Although this means almost a year from now, I don't want it to get lost in the shuffle. This is Blinky's shot at getting some recognition at last as an album act and I want to be able to build on the interest on the first album and raise her profile as best I can before going with the second one.

The two albums are very different - "Sunny And Warm" is what I'd term a traditional Motown LP from the period, the second is totally different and shows incredible maturity and 'ahead-of-its-time-ness' [[if there is such a word!!)

For instance, if you remember how revolutionary Millie Jackson's rap in "If Loving You Is Wrong" was in 1974, Blinky does something similar which pre-dates it by a couple of years. It's on the 9 minute version of "He's Gone / For Your Precious Love". One great line goes something like..... I hope she's a better lover than me ... but I doubt it!

On a totally different note, if anyone has any memorabilia that could be used in the booklet for either release and is kind enough to let us use it, please contact me off-forum
    to let me know what you have.

Thanks - Paul - Reel Musuc

Does anyone know the status of the Blinky CD --- or CDs? Thanks!

longtimefan, it's been delayed. The last I heard it is slated to appear this summer, along with an Ivy Jo Hunter set.
    Last edited by mr_postman; 03-21-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Great, I should be able to afford them by then!

Still Coming??? Please?..Paulo xxxx