[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Supremes - The Scherrie Payne Years

I guess the old threads are gone so here I am with the question of the year...what is happening with this set? Andy, can you enlighten us?

Supposedly it is still on the way.......I think I read somewhere that Andy said there might be a delay........Lets hope not:-[[ He also said that it is currently in production :-)

i heard maybe september?

I prefer not knowing the proposed release dates for these things, since we know there's always that possibility that it will be delayed or pushed back...I'm sure it's on the way. They're doing their best. We just gotta be patient. We've waited this long, another few months won't make much of a difference...

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I prefer not knowing the proposed release dates for these things, since we know there's always that possibility that it will be delayed or pushed back...I'm sure it's on the way. They're doing their best. We just gotta be patient. We've waited this long, another few months won't make much of a difference...
    Preach!

The Final Sessions

On a positive note, the delays have allowed us to find additional rarities that wouldn't have been on the collection if it came out a year ago. It's looking really good!

Whooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo......Can't wait George:-)

George

Will this be only Motown product or is it including the Invictus period?

BTW, are you gonna do any more of those remixes....I play your "Nowhere to Run" more than the original now!

There's an interesting feature on Scherrie Payne in the Autumn 2010 issue of "In the Basement".

144man can it be found online?

George, Thanks for the update. I was happy to hear something and hope it comes out soon!

Nathan

You're not greedy like me!!

Come on George when, what's on it, are there any new pictures and who's written the sleeve notes?

LOLOL

This is good news. I'm looking forward to the release but not in a real hurry for it

I'm more interested in The Marvelettes Volume 2.

Besides there are other Motown and soul related CDs being released here and there to keep me and my credit card busy.

...and the "one indoors" working all hours to pay them off!

As if....

LOLOLOL

marv2,
    There's no online magazine.
    The In the Basement site address is www.btinternet.com/~inthebasement

George had mentioned some other rare songs were found, does anyone know what could be left for this set?

Thanks 144man!

Nathan

I know I have said this before but [[and I mean this very sincerely) your best bet is to ask Harry Weinger direct for this kind of information. People that work in the background are there because they are respectful and loyal to the cause

Harry puts out an open email address for this kind of correspondence, he's really a good guy and he won't be angry with you for asking. In fact, he'll appreciate that you are interested. Just understand that if the release is not ready, then it's a case of waiting until it is.

I will accept that you might not be happy with what I say but I hope you understand that I am trying to be helpful.

John

Hi John,
    Thank you, I do appreciate your input. I guess I've become too excited waiting for this release that I keep asking questions. I am aware of some of the unreleased material that it's hard to imagine what else they may have found.

Regards,
    Nathan

Nathan

Try to think of it as a way of them keeping your interest intact.

So go on, ask Harry direct and see what he says. At least you know that its come from the right source!

I think I advised aaron to do this on the old SDF site.

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it!

So go on, email him.

classic.motown@umusic.com

No excuse now Nathan

Tell us what he says. I'm interested.

*smile*

Hey all,
    I recieved an email from Harry Weinger yesterday and he stated that they were putting the final touches on the set and it would be out by the end of the year. Great news!

RossHolloway Guest
    TheBoyfromXTown- What Invictus period?

Hi all, I'm glad Harry responded. It's always appropriate to email him. But John, "People that work in the background are there because they are respectful and loyal to the cause." Gee, I never considered the Producer and Associate Producer as being "in the background." Now George and I know how Mary and Flo felt! LOL.

Okay, a quick list to answer:
    1. No, this is a Supremes collection, so there won't be any Invictus material on there.
    2. The set is wonderful.
    3. Not sure of the release date, but it is actually closer than further.
    4. Lots of surprises.
    5. If I tell you what they are, they won't be surprises. But yes they are... Supreme.

OMG, where did you pop up from?

Sweetness in life, perish the thought that I should ever expect the producer and associate producer to be backgrounds and never leads. Wash my mouth out with bleach and disinfectant should those words be uttered from my lips!

However, should you ever want to step into THOSE high heels, just remember what happened in 1967!

Meowwww!

In all seriousness though, I didn't meant to make any person feel uncomfortable and I apologise if that came across in my posting. I believe that respect and loyalty are not only between manager and team but also between team and manager and team and team. Another SDF thread has gone on to bashing Stevie for problems with TCMS on the basis of a statement from one poster who hasn't yet been able to post a response for creedence on their source. Is that fair on Stevie? Probably not at this stage. Over the years, I have found that the Supremes get the most "rumours" and here on SDF, we are aware that there is an access point for OFFICIAL information and I try to urge people to ask the reliable source rather then rely on "I heard that...".

Mind you, I would still check underneath the bed when you go to sleep at nights! lol

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    TheBoyfromXTown- What Invictus period?
    I got the "impression" from past posts on the old SDF forum that the set was not only the Supremes Motown era but also solo Scherrie, Susaye and Scherrie. Since UMe have Scherrie's Invictus recordings, I was wondering whether that era might be included too. I happen to rate Scherrie very highly as my number 2 of all time and I'm keen to hear Scherrie sing stuff like Want Ads, Band Of Gold which she apparently did. I went off on a tangent but it's ok, I'm been put right now.

IT'S IN HIS KISS was an out take from Supremes 75 . can't wait to hear that one. glad there will be more surprises.

I am truly looking forward to this release!
    News of the additional rareities has certainly whetted my appetite!

I am sooooo excited about this release. I'm sure everyone will be delighted. OK, I know there is always someone who will not get what they want, but the guys [[I love you guys!) have done justice to the ladies and the fans. Surprises galore! and all so cute! My lips are sealed, but I, for one, am so thrilled that this has finally come around. Doing the happy dance! Keep smiling!

If you are happy, then it must be fantastic. Can't wait. Thank you so much for posting.

That stuff would be great to hear boyfrom!
    Last edited by luke; 08-29-2010 at 08:02 PM.

Three cheers for HW, MotownAndy and George!

Thanks for your supreme dedication in bringing these wonderful, sweet sweet sets to us.

IIn no hurry for this.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Three cheers for HW, MotownAndy and George!

Thanks for your supreme dedication in bringing these wonderful, sweet sweet sets to us.
    YES!!! How much jooooyyyy do we get from you?!! You've given us SO MUCH PLEASURE, it's IMPOSSIBLE TO MEASURE!!!

I wonder how much closer than further it is :-)

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    YES!!! How much jooooyyyy do we get from you?!! You've given us SO MUCH PLEASURE, it's IMPOSSIBLE TO MEASURE!!!
    I know it's all been said before, but I don't think enough credit is given for all of the high energy that HW, AS and GS [[and 11 others) put into these releases.

I just like to make sure everyone gets their props.

This sounds like I know what will Number 1 on my Christmas list this year !!!!! I know this will a collection worth its weight in gold. Thanks for all you do Harry, Andy and George.

Hello all,

John, I hope you know I was only teasing. I have nothing but Supreme love for you

Aaron, wish we could tell you how much sooner than later. I don't actually know. But, we've mixed and mastered it, and they are designing it now. Universal will give it a release date and official press release when it's about ready to come out.

Susaye, MaryBrewster and all, thank you for the kind words. This thing is going to be fabulous. I'm not saying this to "hype" it, I'm just incredibly proud of how it is shaping up. We've had so many delays, but we're in the home stretch of one of the best [[and most challenging) projects I've ever worked on! Stay tuned...

While we're handing out kudos. A special thank you to Mary, Scherrie, Cindy and Susaye for their willingness to share memories and photographs. How wonderful that these four ladies embrace their legacy and are happy to participate, asking nothing in return. You are all truly supreme!

Thanks, Andy... when you feel you can, we'd like to hear the "challenges" that this set represented... I love hearing about how things get done behind the scenes, and what types of voodoo need to be employed to come up with something good.

This music from the final chapter of the Supremes is wonderful; I've grown to appreciate it more over time. The performances and productions were top-notch.
    Times and the music business were very different by the mid-70's and these recordings unfortunately did not get the chance they deserved; many unsold sealed copies of the original Lps remain.
    It's wonderful that these sides are getting loving attention now and will be available to all who have appreciated or just recently discovered them.
    Thank you to everyone involved and all the fans who have begged for this release. I am anxiously awaiting the release day!

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    While we're handing out kudos. A special thank you to Mary, Scherrie, Cindy and Susaye for their willingness to share memories and photographs. How wonderful that these four ladies embrace their legacy and are happy to participate, asking nothing in return. You are all truly supreme!
    I wonder if there's any chance all four of these legendary ladies will meet to promote this set? It certainly has the fans buzzing.....

MSS Album

http://discodelivery.blogspot.com/20...-scherrie.html

While we are waiting, here is a great thread I found on the MSS Album.

Probably was posted before but new to me! Enjoy.

topdiva1 Guest
    Sherrie Payne was indeed one of the best singers in The Supremes - we can only hope there will be some new gems from THE SHERRIE PAYNE YEARS.

Hi all,

Hip-O sent out this tweet today on the Final Sessions. http://twitpic.com/2kl7tj

Enjoy!

Andy

Is a tweet simply a picture or is their dialogue too?

Supremes fans take note... the 70s V2 "Final Sessions coming" end of year - more of these sneak peeks to come

I wonder how the design is coming along? :-)

cool that the master tape cover also includes the take number. would be fun to hear the different versions