[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    i wonder what the cover will look like. my bid id the HIGH ENERGY cover artwork. i always thought that was cool. no faces but just the body figures. looking forward to this one.

That's always been my favorite Supremes' album cover. I second that e-motion!

That was my hunch as well...the cover would probably be an illustration, most likely the High Energy cover.

Whatever the picture, I will be disappointed if it is not in the same "book" form as the Jean Terrell Years [[a.k.a. Volume 1). These two volumes together will make a nice set. Fingers crossed.

It will be in the same format.

The Master Tape Legend says beside 'Where Do I Go From Here' - 'AKA Just Let Me Love You' - was this a working title for this song?

Thanks, Harry! I am so excited that the format will be the same. THAT makes it worth the wait! :-)

Thanks for all you do to support the fans. I, for one, never dreamed that we would one day have all of the great unreleased as well as remastered music that you have brought us in the past few years. What a blessing!

Very glad to know it will be in the same book format as it should be. What a great collection this is.

topdiva1 Guest
    It is a great idea to continue the format - as it was cool.

Well, we know the music has been mastered and we know the box set will be in the same format. Maybe if we are lucky we will see it next month:-)

Any more news or info on how the box set is coming along?

Question for andy

Looking at the above list provided was "He's My Man" originially titled "He's My Baby" ?

I hope Mary Wilson's solo Motown album and "Partners" [[Scherrie & Susaye) are included in the Scherrie Payne Years compilation. Though Scherrie Payne and Jean Terrell were terrific singers the Ross-less Supremes would have been nothing without MaryWilson because these new recruits simply lacked the style and stage savvy of the "original". Look at the awkward moves of Scherrie and Susaye in "The Supremes in Switzerland" and you'll see what I mean. And please spare me any more "rare" un-released songs like the awful throw-aways included on the first set. One listen and I quickly realized why they should have been left in the can.

Well its now October 1st. Shouldn't we be getting a release date or press release on this if Hip-O's gonna do a presale on it in time for it to reach all our Christmas stockings?

Official word from yours truly:

The release date of this beautiful set - as well as several other releases - has been pushed to April 2011. I know there will be a lot of questions why, since it's been "in the works" for so long. There a few simple reasons, one is purely budgetary - it's an expensive package to produce and the money folks made a call - another is getting a sign-off on a special surprise bonus track. Apologies for this delay. I will avoid the usual cliches [["worth the wait") and just put out there what's what.

HW
    classic.motown@umusic.com

Harry,

Thanks for the quick reply and although I am disappointed at the moment, any extra goodies are worth being patient for. Thanks for all the hard work as always!

Perfect post Harry. That's exactly how it should be handled.

I'm back,[[stoned love)with a new name
    , redhot. I'm happy to hear the good news, about the supremes the final session. The mary wilson cindy bridsong scherrie payne, and susaye greene years.

Booooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooo:-[[ Well, will give more than enough time to save up some money anyway:-)

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Augustus Jennings View Post
    I hope Mary Wilson's solo Motown album and "Partners" [[Scherrie & Susaye) are included in the Scherrie Payne Years compilation. Though Scherrie Payne and Jean Terrell were terrific singers the Ross-less Supremes would have been nothing without MaryWilson because these new recruits simply lacked the style and stage savvy of the "original". Look at the awkward moves of Scherrie and Susaye in "The Supremes in Switzerland" and you'll see what I mean. And please spare me any more "rare" un-released songs like the awful throw-aways included on the first set. One listen and I quickly realized why they should have been left in the can.

With the acception of Cindy Birdsong - none of the replacements had that Supremes flair - and while all where great singers in their own right - they got stuck with that old glamout, wigs, and gowns image that had passed by = thus getting them staddled with unfair weight,

Like many fans - the company clung to the image after it was long gone.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! I kinda figured this would happen!! lol. Oh well. Got lot's of other music to listen to and look forward to in the meantime...

darn!!!! disapointing. can we get a track listing or something. a photo?

Harry, I think we need to kick some butt to get this release out....LOL.....JK

Did Harry not recently post that this was delayed until next spring or next April? I don't see that anymore.

I would like to know why Hip O would push back release dates till April 2011, when if they got the product out now they would sell more in the lucrative run up to Christmas.

I see his note above now; he says it is purely budgetary.

These packages don't make that much money in the scheme of things and these are not good days for record companies............I wonder if they'll exist in 10 years. I don't think they'll exist in the form they are now.

The supremes, the final session the mary wilson cindy birdsong scherrie payne and sus

I'm back, As REDHOT, [[I'm no longer STONEDLOVE) I'm still happie about, THE SUPREMES, THE FINAL SESSION, The MARY WILSON CINDY BIRDSONG SCHERRIE PAYNE and SUSAYE GREENE Years. I have been hearing nothing but good things, About this set, So let's
    STAY POSITIVE

Smile

I'm not familiar with all the songs except like, "Bend A Little", "Shoop Shoop Song", etc. Does anyone know what titles could be released on this set. I know it's not due until April now but still anticipating it's release. davidh seems to know alot in this area...thanks!

i did hear from Harry W[thru an interview of midnight johnnys radio show], that they found another version [master tape] of the lp HIGH ENERGY. apparently the original album must have [two] mixs. the one that was released is a cross between the disco- symphony version. i am not sure about the newly discovered master version of the album but perhaps it is more of a contemporary version of the album? really dont know for sure. but we will have to unfortunately wait until april to find out. i think this will be the first part of the new collection that i will listen to. i was hoping to have this for my b day next month but, unfortunately not. to bad the guys cant give us some sneak previews to keep us updated. sorry i dont have any further info right now. i wish i did.

the two songs you mentioned above along with SHA LA BANDIT are out takes from the Supremes 1975 and willl be included. me thinks there are a few other tracks. i think a song called PLANT THE SEED OF LOVE. i have never heard this track but it was in the original master recordings of the album. there was some newsletters from an old supremes newsletters that were here but have disappeared in the change. perhaps someone who posted that info will repost it.

Two songs come to mind each time I hear of this set and that is "This Is Why I Believe In You", and "Let Yourself Go". I loved those two songs.

both are classics . two of my favorites are COLOR MY WORLD BLUE and SWEET DREAM MACHINE.

Thanks for the input guys. I have heard of a title, "Planting The Seeds Of Love" but haven't ever heard the song. This is also the first I've heard of a second mix of the "High Energy" album. Very interesting. I also love "Color My World Blue". "Mary, Scherrie & Susaye" is a killer album all the way through. I would imagine the 1975 album will be on disc one wit the bonus tracks and the other two on disc two. Unless I'm wrong and this is a 3 disc set...I don't know but can't wait to hear it.

Luminaries!

Attachment 2365

One sweet picture posted on Facebook by Susaye as they finalize plans for the release of this CD!

topdiva1 Guest
    ^They all lookl great!!!! You gotta love Ms. Freda Payne - what a beauty.

Notice the comments on this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G91id...eature=related

Interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Notice the comments on this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G91id...eature=related

Interesting!
    Now just who in the hell put that clip up??!!

Some guy named Bruce!

Coming end of which year?