[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Forever

Forever

If the only song Gladys ever recorded was "Forever" I would be forever in her dept for enriching my life beyond measure. I love that song...thanks Gladys...rest in peace.

Nice sentiment. But Gladys Horton was not the lead singer on Forever. Wanda [[Young ) Rogers sang lead on FOREVER. Lots of people got their voices confused.
    Last edited by Motown_M_1056; 01-27-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Yes, "Forever" is a great song; so great that it was also recorded by Marvin Gaye and also by Martha & the Vandellas,
    although the version by Martha is unreleased as is her version of "Someday Someway", which was led by Gladys
    and the B side of "Beachwood". It also charted R&B!

Quote Originally Posted by randy_russi View Post
    Yes, "Forever" is a great song; so great that it was also recorded by Marvin Gaye and also by Martha & the Vandellas,
    although the version by Martha is unreleased as is her version of "Someday Someway", which was led by Gladys
    and the B side of "Beachwood". It also charted R&B!
    Martha' & the Vandellas version of 'Forever' was released on "Motown Sings Motown Treasures" and 'Someday, Someway' on "Lost & Found".

Thanks, pj1! I meant they weren't issued at the time recorded. Anyway, I like all the versions.