[REMOVE ADS]

talent search for "The Next Doo Wop Star"

Dear SDF friends:

Hi all - if interested I'm working on a new show for next year. The audition process is open as we begin the search for "The Next Doo Wop Star", please let your friends know if they are interested in sending in an audition demo.

http://www.doowopstar.com/

Hey thanks TJ!

Did this project ever get green lighted?
    It's an excellent idea.

T.J used this idea for his last PBS fundraiser show Dec2017.It featured young artists doing doowop combined with stars from the past.Kid Kyle,Bobby Wilson,etc were recorded for broadcast sometime last yr.It was a very snowy night for the 2nd taping so I didn't go but did get to see the taping of the first night

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyKen View Post
    T.J used this idea for his last PBS fundraiser show Dec2017.It featured young artists doing doowop combined with stars from the past.Kid Kyle,Bobby Wilson,etc were recorded for broadcast sometime last yr.It was a very snowy night for the 2nd taping so I didn't go but did get to see the taping of the first night
    Is that Jackie Wilson's son, Bobby? I know he's doing regional concerts for a Jerry Blavant production [[ at The Grand in DE. )