[REMOVE ADS]

New 'vinyl replica' CDs coming

Amazon.fr lists three CDs to be released and remastered [[?) :

RARE EARTH - In Concert
    DIANA ROSS - Last Time I Saw Him
    TAMMI TERRELL - Irresistible

JB

Probably Culture Factory releases. They tend to be mini LP format.
    The Tammi CD is interesting.

Here is the translation of one:

September 8, 2017

Label: L.M.L.R. [[Elle Aime L'air)

Tammi Terrell's only album. Irresistible was released in January 1969 ... a year before his tragic death due to a brain tumor. This album brings together solo recordings of the singer, including solo versions of songs she sang with Marvin Gaye. Exhausted and unavailable for many years ... here it is finally, in edition CD Vinyl Replica Deluxe. THE "CD - PAPERSLEEVE - VINYL REPLICA DELUXE" "IS A REPRODUCTION OF IDENTICAL QUALITY [[DIMENSION 13.5 X 13.5 CM) IN ORDER FOR CD SUPPORT ORIGINAL: - Single or double pocket in thick cardboard, album single or double, sub-pocket, label vinyl everything is restored with meticulousness. - Black CD [[compatible with all CD players) giving the impression of finding the vinyl [[with its original label). - The sound is remastered in high definition 96 kHz / 24 BIT.
    Last edited by longtimefan; 09-16-2017 at 09:25 PM.

OK I may have to wait on this one because I am not sure how they are different from what I already have.

Well, we have LAST TIME I SAW HIM as an expanded remastered edition. Regarding Tammi, although we have a full remastered anthology, "perhaps" the paper sleeve CD might be interesting to own. We will need more information.
    Last edited by longtimefan; 09-16-2017 at 09:24 PM.

They tend to be straight CD releases with no extra tracks [[although I think the US Tammi CD did have one or two tracks more than the LP version). The only difference is that the CD is vinyl replica with a Motown label, comes with an inner sleeve and a card outer sleeve replicating the LP cover.

Ross LTISH is already available too as a Japanese mini LP version.

Here's an example of a Culture Factory CD [[the strip down the left of the front cover is not a permanent feature - the cover is as per the album and the strip is a bit like a Japanese OBI).

Name:  Composite - An Evening with Diana Ross sm.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  107.2 KB
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 09-17-2017 at 05:39 PM.