[REMOVE ADS]

Mark LaMura Dies: 'All My Children' Star Was 68

Marv: He was related to my late wife. He married her cousin, Elizabeth MacLellan. We used to see him at family events. I even helped him name his daughter. I suggested that he have a first name which ended in the llll sound. So he named her Gabrielle Lamura. It makes it easy to say. He was a very nice man. When my son tried out for the music college in New York City, he let us stay in his condo for a week. He was in Florida at that time. Sad Sad Sad edafan
    Name:  Mark Lamuras.jpg
Views: 7247
Size:  20.5 KB
    Last edited by edafan; 09-13-2017 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edafan View Post
    Marv: He was related to my late wife. He married her cousin. We used to see him at family events. I even helped him name his daughter. I suggested that he have a first name which ended in the llll sound. So he named her Gabrielle Lamura. It makes it easy to say. He was a very nice man. When my son tried out for the music college in New York City, he let us stay in his condo for a week. He was in Florida at that time. Sad Sad Sad edafan
    Edafan, amazing! He was a great actor. I saw him once years ago in NYC. Also, back in the early 80s we watch "All My Children" regularly in college. My girlfriend at the time was hooked on the show. I remember him most for All My Children. I am sorry to hear of his passing and send out my condolences to his family and friends.

Rest in peace Mark! You did good and thanks man.

Marv

Mark LaMura Dies: 'All My Children' Star Was 68
    Emmy-nominated actor . Mark LaMura, the actor best known for playing Mark Dalton on the late, great ABC soap “All My Children,” died Monday at the age of 68 after a battle with lung cancer.
    LaMura appeared on All My Children from 1977 to 1989 and made occasional guest appearances through the ‘90s & 2005 . He earned a Daytime Emmy nomination in 1988 for his performance as well as two Soap Opera Digest Award nods in 1988 and 1989. His character Mark Dalton was the brother of Susan Lucci’s Erica Kane.
    Lucci remembered LaMura in an Instagram post. “How can this be? I just received the shocking and deeply saddening news that wonderful Mark LaMura has passed away! Mark played my brother Mark on All My Children--he was such a talented and accomplished actor/ a bright and charming presence in all our AMC lives--and a really great guy. Mark was loved and he will be missed! RIP, my friend.❤”
    In addition to All My Children, LaMura also appeared as John Doe in the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode in 1990, “Transfigurations”. He also appeared in several theatrical productions, Shakespearean plays and The Rise Of Dorothy Hale. He portrayed Oscar Madison in the 2013 revival production of The Odd Couple alongside Jeff Talbott as Felix Unger. He had also appeared on other soaps, including “As the World Turns” and “One Life to Live.” Besides soaps, LaMura was a constant presence on the stage, starring in productions of “The Odd Couple” and a national tour of “Aida” as well as the 2002 Broadway revival of Dinner At Eight.Other small-screen credits included roles in “30 Rock,” “Damages,” Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” and “The Sopranos.” In a 2012 interview with We Love Soaps, La Mura looked back vividly — if not entirely fondly — on his daytime years. Acting in soaps, he recalled “was like being able to play all 88 keys on a piano and only being allowed to plunk out the same eight every day. To be fair; the writers have to write an hours’ worth of story every day. The director has to shoot it, the actors have learn ‘all them words’ the night before.” Did he love it, though? “Love – No. Thanks for the dough. It was a heavy-like affair.”
    Last edited by edafan; 09-13-2017 at 05:37 PM.

Marv: He was related to my late wife. He married her cousin, Elizabeth MacLellan. We used to see him at family events. I even helped him name his daughter. I suggested that he have a first name which ended in the llll sound. So he named her Gabrielle Lamura. It makes it easy to say. He was a very nice man. When my son tried out for the music college in New York City, he let us stay in his condo for a week. He was in Florida at that time. Sad Sad Sad edafan
    Name:  Mark Lamuras.jpg
Views: 7247
Size:  20.5 KB
    His daughter looks so much like him, it's like he had her by himself. Wow there is no mistaking who her daddy is.

They remembered Mark at the end of the year 2017 tribute.

Name:  Mark Lamura     20177.jpg
Views: 2179
Size:  63.8 KB

edafan

They remembered Mark at the end of the year 2017 tribute.

Name:  Mark Lamura     20177.jpg
Views: 2179
Size:  63.8 KB

edafan
    Now that was decent of them. Thanks Edafan.