[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BJ Thomas Request.

Been looking for a B-side called "Have A Heart" by BJ Thomas from 1971. The only place I see where it's available is the CD The Complete Scepter Singles but I have all the other hits. Will trade anything I may have.

Can contact:
    nathanj06@yahoo.com

Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanj06 View Post
    Been looking for a B-side called "Have A Heart" by BJ Thomas from 1971. The only place I see where it's available is the CD The Complete Scepter Singles but I have all the other hits. Will trade anything I may have
    Can contact:
    nathanj06@yahoo.com

Thanks for any help.
    I bought this cd last year for the very same reason! It was fairly inexpensive and the mastering is top notch as you would expect. Is this cd no longer available? If it is it is a no brainer to purchase .

I was circling the Real Gone set but held off purchasing when I read the following thread.

http://www.top40musiconcd.com/forum/...6&PN=131&TPN=1

Amazon has similar comments:

2.0 out of 5 starsNot the single versions
    ByOddbjorn Ostbyon October 4, 2012

Format: Audio CD|Verified Purchase

Even if some reviews tell this is the 45 versions, it is NOT!!. Many of this are actually stereo LP versions just fold down from stereo to mono!! One of this are 'Raindrops Keep Fallin..' I'm sorry to say, but I'm just feel completly foolished .

NOT FROM MASTER TAPESBySteve Goddardon June 11, 2014
    Format: Audio CD|Verified Purchase
    If you're looking for crisp clear mono sound from master tapes, pass on this one. Many of the tracks are dubbed from vinyl, and not mint copies at that. Still waiting for a compilation to recommend that contains the sound of the hit versions. This one isn't it.

I don't understand the response, "a no brainer to purchase", when I stated it's available. I have all the other BJ hits so why buy them all again. I am simply looking for a minimal favor. Plus...the reviews on that CD on amazon strongly disagree with you, so if you like it, great. Otherwise if someone would like a trade THEN respond. One song, it's not that difficult. Thank you.

I don't understand the response, "a no brainer to purchase", when I stated it's available. I have all the other BJ hits so why buy them all again. I am simply looking for a minimal favor. Plus...the reviews on that CD on amazon strongly disagree with you, so if you like it, great. Otherwise if someone would like a trade THEN respond. One song, it's not that difficult. Thank you.
    Okay i shall leave you alone . You could charm the birds from the trees with that attitude. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Okay i shall leave you alone . You could charm the birds from the trees with that attitude. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    I'm sorry you took it that way. There are a select few on here who feel the need to respond with the same attitude that serves no purpose to the original question or request so that can work both ways. If I offended you, my apology.

I'm sorry you took it that way. There are a select few on here who feel the need to respond with the same attitude that serves no purpose to the original question or request so that can work both ways. If I offended you, my apology.
    No problem at all my friend. Hope all is well in your world.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    No problem at all my friend. Hope all is well in your world.
    Thank you.

I sent you a copy, even though they misssspelllled the title

edafan

edafan, Thank you for the kind effort. I sent you an email.

edafan, Thank you for the kind effort. I sent you an email.
    I got your email.

Did it work?

and was it the correct one?

with the misspelled title?

edafan

Quote Originally Posted by edafan View Post
    I got your email.

Did it work?

and was it the correct one?

with the misspelled title?

edafan
    It's a different song altogether that he did but thank you for your consideration.

It's a different song altogether that he did but thank you for your consideration.
    I've been trying to find it for you!!!!

but no luck so far

edafan

I'd love to hear this set. A very talented guy, indeed, and a perfect setting with Scepter. Thomas had attitude and addiction issues even early on, though, and I think that probable hindered his level of success - though he sure had lots of hits and a long recording career.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I'd love to hear this set. A very talented guy, indeed, and a perfect setting with Scepter. Thomas had attitude and addiction issues even early on, though, and I think that probable hindered his level of success - though he sure had lots of hits and a long recording career.
    I had heard he had personal issues to overcome. He perhaps had more success as a songwriter than a performer as a result of his inability to be in the studio on time. However what is undeniable is his outstanding talent.

He surely does have an impressive string of hits even though top 20 or whatever, they were very well done productions. It's always amazed me how they combine the right material to the right voice and BJ's was perfect for those Scepter songs.