[REMOVE ADS]

Harry, Andy , George? Tammi Terrell "I'll Turn To Stone"

Another thread led me to re-read write ups for the Four Tops. For Motown 1110b "I'll Turn To Stone", TCMSC states that "other versions by Dennis Edwards, Tammi Terrell, and Barbara Randolph were to follow."

Looking at "Tammi Terrell- Come On And See Me The Complete Solo Collection", it is nowhere to be found- not even as part of the medley during 'Live At The Roostertail'.
    It has been stated that The Supremes recorded it first [[and DFTMC verifies this fact) but even there, I find no mention of Tammi's version. Then again DFTMC does not list vault tracks not yet released in any form.
    Is there a version lurking in the vaults or is it just too much to hope for?
    Last edited by carole cucumber; 10-01-2013 at 02:30 PM.

RossHolloway Guest
    Great question. One day when I have time on my hands I'd like to compile a list of unreleased songs mentioned either in TCMS or a CFOM series.

thomas96 Guest
    Wow. I would absolutely love to hear this if it exists! Boy do I hope it does.

Carole, pardon me if I'm wrong, but are you saying there are more Tammi Terrell recordings out there?

Quote Originally Posted by dinelle_watson View Post
    Carole, pardon me if I'm wrong, but are you saying there are more Tammi Terrell recordings out there?
    I'm not saying that at all.
    What I am saying is that the person[[s) who wrote and the persons who proofread and approved the write-up for "I'll Turn To Stone" for TCMSC have indicated that there is a version of "I'll Turn To Stone" by Tammi Terrell in the vault. There may be a very good reason why it has not been released, something which Harry Weinger, Andy Skurow, or George Solomon come across as not being unwilling to address- which seems so out of character for them.
    Or the author who made the claim may have thought that there was and in actuality , there may never have been such a recording.
    Either way, it would be nice to know.

As a general point, songs may well have been recorded in the sixties but that doesn't mean they still exist in the new millennium.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    As a general point, songs may well have been recorded in the sixties but that doesn't mean they still exist in the new millennium.
    Yes, in general.... but do you know anything about this specific recording?

Looks like a band track was cut for a Tammi version of this song, and voices added, but no lead vocal was cut. Shame. I believe it was Harry's intention to empty the Vaults of Tammi tracks with the "Come On And See Me" collection, but as always, you never know what may turn up ...

Just checked on this in New York and saw that the track was cut as Keith said. Doesn't indicate the lead vocal recorded. It could be investigated further. Sometimes things turn up even when it tells us there is NOT a lead vocal... You play it and there it is!

Thank you, John, Keith & George for responding.
    I'll just keep hoping that Tammi did record a lead that has not yet surfaced. And if not, that's o.k., too.

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    Great question. One day when I have time on my hands I'd like to compile a list of unreleased songs mentioned either in TCMS or a CFOM series.
    i HAVE JUST FOUND A LIST WHICH I COMPILED SOME TIME AGO. DROP YOUR ADDRESS IN BY BOX AND I`LL SEND IT TO YOU. i MUST UPDATE IT.

I'd love to see which songs might still be in the vaults email randyb1963@yahoo.com