[REMOVE ADS]

Angry Soul Sisters Motown Collection - Seriously Annoyed!

I managed to track down [[on eBay) a copy of that "Soul Sisters" CD set that contains both Scherrie Payne's "Fly" and Mary Wilson's "Red Hot" [[both of which I'd been longing for CD release forever). I received it the other day, and I'm utterly annoyed at the fact that someone screwed up when creating the set and put an INSTRUMENTAL version of "Red Hot" [[with backing vocals, mind) instead of the original vocal. Seriously miffed about that. The only time in history Mary's "Red Hot" appears on CD, and they couldn't even bother to get it right.

On the upside, thrilled to finally have Scherrie's "Fly" in pristine digital quality. Have wanted this ever since I owned the cassette copy of "Greatest Hits & Rare Classics" and first heard it.

You can see them all here and click through to the individual sets and track lists. https://www.flickr.com/photos/cookep...57639293039323

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoch View Post
    I managed to track down [[on eBay) a copy of that "Soul Sisters" CD set that contains both Scherrie Payne's "Fly" and Mary Wilson's "Red Hot" [[both of which I'd been longing for CD release forever). I received it the other day, and I'm utterly annoyed at the fact that someone screwed up when creating the set and put an INSTRUMENTAL version of "Red Hot" [[with backing vocals, mind) instead of the original vocal. Seriously miffed about that. The only time in history Mary's "Red Hot" appears on CD, and they couldn't even bother to get it right.
    But on the positive side, when [[the vocal version of) Red Hot DOES make it's CD debut, you can utilize the instrumental to create another fabulous remix.

It's the only place to find Blinky's 'You Get A Tangle In Your Lifeline' which is the only reason I bought this long out of print set

I found it on discogs! A very interesting release.

https://www.discogs.com/Various-The-...elease/9865985

Sorry to hear about your disappointment with "Red Hot" being just an instrumental, Emile, I know I'd be miffed too. But the CD still has some great and rare tracks on it so that's good.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm still happy with the set despite the snafu with Mary's track. Lots of nice stuff that I've never heard. Definitely worthwhile purchase. Just wish that quality control was a bit better, that's all, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoch View Post
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'm still happy with the set despite the snafu with Mary's track. Lots of nice stuff that I've never heard. Definitely worthwhile purchase. Just wish that quality control was a bit better, that's all, LOL.
    Anyone thought that maybe the compiler wanted the instrumental?

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    Anyone thought that maybe the compiler wanted the instrumental?
    Maybe, but honestly given the set's title is "Soul Sisters" and that Mary's voice can't even be heard, what would be the point of deliberately including a vocal-less version of the song?

Ridiculous and false advertising. Certainly warrants complaint and money back if so desired.