[REMOVE ADS]

Nikita - "Our Day Will Come"

I do like this version a lot.

Mary Wilson it isn't and although Mary does a nice version too, my preference is for Ruby & The Romantics, followed by this one from Nikita Germaine. Give it a few listens - ear worm time.

Mysterysinger, "Our Day Will Come" is one of my favorite songs period. I've never heard a version that I didn't like. A few of my favorites are, of course, Ruby and the Romantics, the Supremes, the Vibrations, Dionne Warwick, Frankie Valli. Even Nell Carter did a version on "Gimme a Break" that was great. However, Nikita's version doesn't do anything for me. Vocally she sounds great, but that track...I can't do it. She does sound good though.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Mysterysinger, "Our Day Will Come" is one of my favorite songs period. I've never heard a version that I didn't like. A few of my favorites are, of course, Ruby and the Romantics, the Supremes, the Vibrations, Dionne Warwick, Frankie Valli. Even Nell Carter did a version on "Gimme a Break" that was great. However, Nikita's version doesn't do anything for me. Vocally she sounds great, but that track...I can't do it. She does sound good though.
    This is quite irrelevant but I just had to jump in and ask: hey RanRan, what about this version by The Undisputed Truth...?

I love it Tom. Definitely one of the better versions of the song.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I love it Tom. Definitely one of the better versions of the song.
    Oh, wow, cool! It is very nice.

I like that Nikita was bold and tried to do something different, but the arrangement does not work as well, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    I do like this version a lot.

Mary Wilson it isn't and although Mary does a nice version too, my preference is for Ruby & The Romantics, followed by this one from Nikita Germaine. Give it a few listens - ear worm time.

I remember buying this album in the early 90's and had totally forgotten all about it. Niikita had a lovely expressive quality to her voice and there were a couple of gems on this album. This is not my favourite version or my favourite track on the album but it a reasonable attempt to try something new with an old classic. This lady really should have been bigger and i must dig out the cd which i haven't listened to in perhaps 30 years.Thanks for the heads up mysterysinger.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I remember buying this album in the early 90's and had totally forgotten all about it. Niikita had a lovely expressive quality to her voice and there were a couple of gems on this album. This is not my favourite version or my favourite track on the album but it a reasonable attempt to try something new with an old classic. This lady really should have been bigger and i must dig out the cd which i haven't listened to in perhaps 30 years.Thanks for the heads up mysterysinger.
    Nikita is a background singer for the group "Train"

Quote Originally Posted by caliluv View Post
    Nikita is a background singer for the group "Train"
    I didn't know that. I quite like Train. Thank you for pointing it out to me.

You should also check out her duet with Louis Price

My Heart Devotion

I'm always open minded to listen to cover versions...not heard this one before Thankyou. ps I do have Ruby & The Romantics singing 'Our Day Will Come' on my channel performing on the Mike Douglas Show 1964 if you have not seen it then here is the clip

[QUOTE=lester;410791]You should also check out her duet with Louis Price
    Heart Devotion

It is a nice track. Well worth tracking down.

"Heart's Devotion" is on the same album as "Our Day Will Come" - the album is called "Sweet As It Comes".

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    I am going to dig this cd out. Not heard it in so long.