[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nothing But The Truth

Just pre ordered this Undisputed Truth CD direct from Ace [[released tomorrow) for £17.75 including postage which I think is the cheapest in the UK. It's £18.62 from Amazon if you are signed up to Prime, £19.88 if not.

Thanks for the tip. Here's the US Amazon url:
    https://www.amazon.com/Nothing-But-T...+but+the+truth

Hey masterblaster, I did the exact same thing as you, and can't wait for the CD! Unfortunately, since being told about a website by the name of wowhd.com, I have started checking out all their prices for all the CDs I have ordered and might order in the future! Nothing But The Truth is apparently available for $15 [[!!!!) including free delivery!!!! Maaaadness!!!

http://www.wowhd.us/nothing-but-the-...s/029667084628

I used to order a lot from CDWOW as they were called before.
    They ship from Asia I believe and sometimes it takes quite a long time before you receive your order.
    So be aware.

CDWOW has a lot of bad reviews [[and unhappy customers).

My copy has arrived - the liner notes are excellent. The whole package looks brilliant. I shall be playing it all in the car later today en route to the coast.

Good to see Eric Charge being given a mention too - I miss his contributions on here - his knowledge and collection of Motown material is phenomenal.

I got my copy this morning. It's just brilliant!

Well, it's another Ace / Kent cd that has all the qualities we could await from such a release. That means a lot!

It's fantastic to have these UT albums on cd... at last!

The liner notes, and particularly the interview parts with Joe Pep Harris, are a treasure by themselves.

And what music do we have here!
    The mastering is superb, as always.

The choice to include music unavailable to us on cd - i.e. not to include the FACE TO FACE WITH THE TRUTH lp - is very clever.

The bonus tracks wisely selected give us a glimpse of the songs from that non included lp anyway.
    But here we have the 45 mixes.

Overall, another one Ace Records cd everybody reading this should get. This and Brenda Holloway's SPELLBOUND are two dreams coming true.
    I remember the many times we asked for the first UT album to get a cd release. Here it is. And we don't have just the 11 tracks of the album but 2 full CDs - 36 tracks including nearly half of them new on cd altogether.

The labels of 45 reprinted in the booklet are numerous and much welcome too.

What is missing with that release? Not much really. Maybe the back artworks of the lps? The detailed track listings differences between the US and UK LAW OF THE LAND lps? Well this can easily be found on the internet, contrary to the great 45 labels collected here.
    So I won't complain.

... and oh! I just love the "?"
    Who had this wonderful and funny idea? It's there, twice, but you're likely not to see it if you don't pay too much attention to details... [[I'm not talking about the "?" on the track listing after "Feeling Alright" huh?)

Many thanks to Keith all of those who made this release a reality.

In the same vein of 70s albums not on cd yet, please bring us Jr WALKER, the ORIGINALS, JERMAINE JACKSON and the remaining 2 UNDISPUTED TRUTH lps not on cd yet.

JB
    Last edited by jbpintus; 08-25-2017 at 12:30 PM.

Mine hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully we'll see cosmic truth and higher than high real soon.

My copy arrived this morning [[Saturday) direct from Ace, at a lower price than elsewhere in the U.K. Great mastering and love to finally have the single version of 'Law Of The Land' digitally. Bought this as a single when first released in U.K. And loved the additional instrumentation that knocks socks of the album version.

Great release and agree with jbpintus, we need Jr Walker 70s albums.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    I used to order a lot from CDWOW as they were called before.
    They ship from Asia I believe and sometimes it takes quite a long time before you receive your order.
    So be aware.
    Ahh, now that would make sense. Thanks for letting me know, jack. I don't mind when companies do that, as long as I am aware of it and don't mind waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by gordy_hunk View Post
    My copy has arrived - the liner notes are excellent. The whole package looks brilliant. I shall be playing it all in the car later today en route to the coast.

Good to see Eric Charge being given a mention too - I miss his contributions on here - his knowledge and collection of Motown material is phenomenal.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbpintus View Post
    I got my copy this morning. It's just brilliant!

Well, it's another Ace / Kent cd that has all the qualities we could await from such a release. That means a lot!

It's fantastic to have these UT albums on cd... at last!

The liner notes, and particularly the interview parts with Joe Pep Harris, are a treasure by themselves.

And what music do we have here!
    The mastering is superb, as always.

The choice to include music unavailable to us on cd - i.e. not to include the FACE TO FACE WITH THE TRUTH lp - is very clever.

The bonus tracks wisely selected give us a glimpse of the songs from that non included lp anyway.
    But here we have the 45 mixes.

Overall, another one Ace Records cd everybody reading this should get. This and Brenda Holloway's SPELLBOUND are two dreams coming true.
    I remember the many times we asked for the first UT album to get a cd release. Here it is. And we don't have just the 11 tracks of the album but 2 full CDs - 36 tracks including nearly half of them new on cd altogether.

The labels of 45 reprinted in the booklet are numerous and much welcome too.

What is missing with that release? Not much really. Maybe the back artworks of the lps? The detailed track listings differences between the US and UK LAW OF THE LAND lps? Well this can easily be found on the internet, contrary to the great 45 labels collected here.
    So I won't complain.

... and oh! I just love the "?"
    Who had this wonderful and funny idea? It's there, twice, but you're likely not to see it if you don't pay too much attention to details... [[I'm not talking about the "?" on the track listing after "Feeling Alright" huh?)

Many thanks to Keith all of those who made this release a reality.

In the same vein of 70s albums not on cd yet, please bring us Jr WALKER, the ORIGINALS, JERMAINE JACKSON and the remaining 2 UNDISPUTED TRUTH lps not on cd yet.

JB
    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    My copy arrived this morning [[Saturday) direct from Ace, at a lower price than elsewhere in the U.K. Great mastering and love to finally have the single version of 'Law Of The Land' digitally. Bought this as a single when first released in U.K. And loved the additional instrumentation that knocks socks of the album version.

Great release and agree with jbpintus, we need Jr Walker 70s albums.
    OH MAN, reading all this makes me want the CD even more! Just one more day and then I'm back home... damn, I hope it has arrived...

Quote Originally Posted by alexstassi View Post
    Mine hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully we'll see cosmic truth and higher than high real soon.
    Hey alex, I hope yours arrives soon too!!!

I'd love to see those Undisputed Truth LPs on CD as well. But I've always wondered what people [[Motown fans) think of them. I like both albums but they are rather, erm, crazy! A bit too much on the rock side if you know what I mean. [[Those screeeeechy guitars on Cosmic Truth!!!)

Anyway, my question [[sorry it is a bit irrelevant)... what do you think of The Undisputed Truth's albums Cosmic Truth and Higher Than High?
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 08-26-2017 at 08:11 AM.

I agree that both these albums are more rockier and crazier, but my standout faves on higher than high are "life aint so easy" I prefer this version to the re-recording on method to the madness, and "i saw you when you met her"...
    on "Cosmic Truth" again for me the two stand out tracks are "down by the river" and the ultimate "I know [[i'm losing you) , which dare i say tops the original Temps version... The Truths cover is one "7 min musical trip"!!
    just these 4 tracks mentioned, to me, would be worth the price of the CD alone.

Something i wanted to ask for some years now...

At the very beginning of "You Got The Love I Need", there is some chatting heard on the right channel of the stereo album mix. This is not heard on the mono single mix.

It seems someone says something like "is it take...?"

What is it?

I may be a bleed-through of an announcement related to the take number, actually said just before the take itself but who got by chance 'copied' by magnetic effect a few seconds later - i.e. at 0:01 into the song.

Or maybe an error during the mixing, which would have omitted to turn to silence some dialogue on one of the tracks for the horns which are far right in the mix, just where the chatter is heard.

Else I thought it could also be something said in the cans to the singers, that would have leaked through the microphones, and preserved on the tape - some similar extra noises can be heard when lyrics were sung to Stevie so he knew what to sing, on "I Gave Up Quality For Quantity" for instance.

What do you think?

JB

Just found a great French blog on the UNDISPUTED TRUTH, and other great Soul Music related things too...

Scroll down for complete discography, including scans of many many international releases.

Very impressive!

http://soul-quinquin.eklablog.com/th...ie-c17942504/1

http://soul-quinquin.eklablog.com/
    For other soul and Motown related similar pages.

JB

...and UNDISPUTED TRUTH ? NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH ranks #1 in Funk releases on amazon.co.uk!

Well done!

Confused!!
    The single version of 'Law Of The Land" on Nothing But The Truth set is the same version as the 'album version' on the Undisputed Truth Essential Collection cd [[i.e. without the high pitch wah wah at 02:25) whereas the album version on NBTT is the same version as the single issued in the U.K.

So which version was issued on the 'Law Of The Land' album? Have these two tracks got mixed-up on NBTT?

I agree that both these albums are more rockier and crazier, but my standout faves on higher than high are "life aint so easy" I prefer this version to the re-recording on method to the madness, and "i saw you when you met her"...
    on "Cosmic Truth" again for me the two stand out tracks are "down by the river" and the ultimate "I know [[i'm losing you) , which dare i say tops the original Temps version... The Truths cover is one "7 min musical trip"!!
    just these 4 tracks mentioned, to me, would be worth the price of the CD alone.
    Ah, great choices alex! The Truth's version of "I'm Losing You" is indeed a crazy piece of extended psychedelic funk!! And their recording of "I Saw You When You Met Her" might top David Ruffin's version, which means a lot coming from me, lol. Not a massive fan of "Life Ain't So Easy" [[either version really) but it has grown on me over time. IMO "Down By The River" is probably one of the most 'normal' songs out of them all, and it's a cover! Great track though.

My faves on Cosmic Truth are probably "Earthquake Shake" and then either "Spaced Out", "Squeeze Me, Tease Me" or "Lil' Red Riding Hood" [[is that four? oops)... and on Higher Than High "Poontang" is DEF my favourite track and then either "I'm In The Red Zone" or "Ma" for second.

Half the tracks I know are on CD but I need all of 'em!!! Also, I'd love an 'edited single version' of "Earthquake Shake" without the last two minutes of, erm, musical nonsense.

Something i wanted to ask for some years now...

At the very beginning of "You Got The Love I Need", there is some chatting heard on the right channel of the stereo album mix. This is not heard on the mono single mix.

It seems someone says something like "is it take...?"

What is it?

I may be a bleed-through of an announcement related to the take number, actually said just before the take itself but who got by chance 'copied' by magnetic effect a few seconds later - i.e. at 0:01 into the song.

Or maybe an error during the mixing, which would have omitted to turn to silence some dialogue on one of the tracks for the horns which are far right in the mix, just where the chatter is heard.

Else I thought it could also be something said in the cans to the singers, that would have leaked through the microphones, and preserved on the tape - some similar extra noises can be heard when lyrics were sung to Stevie so he knew what to sing, on "I Gave Up Quality For Quantity" for instance.

What do you think?

JB
    Lol, JB, I have always wondered what that was at the beginning of the track. I had never thought about checking the mono version though... and it's not there, eh? I will have to give it a listen.

I think I had always just assumed it was studio chatter or something accidentally left on the track, but [[as you can tell) I have no idea really, and all of your theories sound plausible.

I don't suppose it's any different on this new CD, is it? Also, do you think there is a way of removing it? I guess you could cut the track so it starts after the chatter is heard but I dunno... hmm, mysterious... lol
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 08-27-2017 at 05:09 AM.

...and UNDISPUTED TRUTH ? NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH ranks #1 in Funk releases on amazon.co.uk!

Well done!
    OH MY, that's so great!! Yes!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=mh_s9...pf_rd_i=754576

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Ah, great choices alex! The Truth's version of "I'm Losing You" is indeed a crazy piece of extended psychedelic funk!! And their recording of "I Saw You When You Met Her" might top David Ruffin's version, which means a lot coming from me, lol. Not a massive fan of "Life Ain't So Easy" [[either version really) but it has grown on me over time. IMO "Down By The River" is probably one of the most 'normal' songs out of them all, and it's a cover! Great track though.

My faves on Cosmic Truth are probably "Earthquake Shake" and then either "Spaced Out", "Squeeze Me, Tease Me" or "Lil' Red Riding Hood" [[is that four? oops)... and on Higher Than High "Poontang" is DEF my favourite track and then either "I'm In The Red Zone" or "Ma" for second.

Half the tracks I know are on CD but I need all of 'em!!! Also, I'd love an 'edited single version' of "Earthquake Shake" without the last two minutes of, erm, musical nonsense.
    The Truths take on Down by the river makes it sound more like a Pink Floyd number rather than a Neil Young song I didn't include Poontang on my list as I have it already on a best of compilation, but yes, fantastic track... how did they get away with that????

The Truths take on Down by the river makes it sound more like a Pink Floyd number rather than a Neil Young song I didn't include Poontang on my list as I have it already on a best of compilation, but yes, fantastic track... how did they get away with that????
    Ooh, alex, I don't know anything about Neil Young or Pink Floyd, so I'll have to take your word for it.

Ah, yes, "Poontang", I don't know how they did get away with that... "I used to hate it 'til I ate it"... LOL... gets me every time. I can't believe it wasn't released as a single 'cause IMO it is definitely the best track off their Higher Than High LP and just screams HIT to me. Maybe it was just too explicit!!!

So... I uploaded my copy of Nothing But The Truth onto my computer and iPod and... I'm loving it!

Well, technically, I burnt the CDs into iTunes, moved the tracks about, and recreated the original albums! Now I have every Undisputed Truth song eva!!!!

I'm so happy to have this music on CD... especially all the album tracks and B-Sides...! The Truth's versions of "We've Got A Way Out Love"... "I Heard It Through The Grapevine"... "Ain't No Sun Since You've Been Gone" are fantastic and now sound fantastic too!

Also, I can't believe I'm saying this, but... I love their cover of Bob Dylan's "Like A Rolling Stone" too!!! I like it way more than I thought I would [[or should!) but I can't help it. I deliberately avoided listening to the track in the past for fear of me actually liking it but oh well... lol

Thanks for this great release ACE!!!!!

So... I uploaded my copy of Nothing But The Truth onto my computer and iPod and... I'm loving it!

Well, technically, I burnt the CDs into iTunes, moved the tracks about, and recreated the original albums! Now I have every Undisputed Truth song eva!!!!

I'm so happy to have this music on CD... especially all the album tracks and B-Sides...! The Truth's versions of "We've Got A Way Out Love"... "I Heard It Through The Grapevine"... "Ain't No Sun Since You've Been Gone" are fantastic and now sound fantastic too!

Also, I can't believe I'm saying this, but... I love their cover of Bob Dylan's "Like A Rolling Stone" too!!! I like it way more than I thought I would [[or should!) but I can't help it. I deliberately avoided listening to the track in the past for fear of me actually liking it but oh well... lol

Could you get Itunes to recognise it it - mine just comes up with a list of unnamed tracks guess will have to wait a few days

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    Could you get Itunes to recognise it it - mine just comes up with a list of unnamed tracks guess will have to wait a few days
    Hi Paul, do you mean recognise the Nothing But The Truth compilation? If so, no... the tracks were all just numbers like "track 01" and so on. I think I must have named them all myself which is a bit long but does work.

Hi Paul, do you mean recognise the Nothing But The Truth compilation? If so, no... the tracks were all just numbers like "track 01" and so on. I think I must have named them all myself which is a bit long but does work.
    Yep same here track one track two etc etc. I wasn't going to go all through the hassle or naming them myself - will wait for Itunes to wake up. Must be they aren't selling it yet

I first heard this track on the LP way back in the 1970s. I used to love this track so much. In those days, I would be getting to go to work [[nights) and this track was always the one I played before I set off for work. I'm now coming to the end of my time as a Police Officer, and having this track on CD is a fantastic reminder of those fearless days.

The first LP by the Undisputed Truth is perhaps my most wanted LP from any artist on Motown to be issued and now finally it's here. In the last 10 days' I must have played "like a rolling stone" at least a dozen times.

I had forgotten just how amazingly good this entire LP was. I'm so delighted it's available - although I do not intend to let my vinyl copy of the LP depart from my collection...

Ace - and Universal, and all record companies - release the track info and the audio files at the same time to digital vendors such as iTunes and Amazon. Syncing this data is up to the vendors, and I don't know why it doesn't always happen before the files go on sale.

Thanks for the kind comments on this set - credit is due to Tony Rounce at Ace who had the idea and saw it through. Tony has other ideas for "later" Motown material to get the CD treatment, and I hope they happen soon.

The next Ace/Motown CD is nearly ready for announcement ... and we'll be back firmly in the 60s with that one! Watch this space ...

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    Yep same here track one track two etc etc. I wasn't going to go all through the hassle or naming them myself - will wait for Itunes to wake up. Must be they aren't selling it yet
    Yea I guess so. Sometimes that happens. It worked alright for the Willie Hutch CD though so maybe's it's just random.

Quote Originally Posted by gordy_hunk View Post
    I first heard this track on the LP way back in the 1970s. I used to love this track so much. In those days, I would be getting to go to work [[nights) and this track was always the one I played before I set off for work. I'm now coming to the end of my time as a Police Officer, and having this track on CD is a fantastic reminder of those fearless days.

The first LP by the Undisputed Truth is perhaps my most wanted LP from any artist on Motown to be issued and now finally it's here. In the last 10 days' I must have played "like a rolling stone" at least a dozen times.

I had forgotten just how amazingly good this entire LP was. I'm so delighted it's available - although I do not intend to let my vinyl copy of the LP depart from my collection...
    Yea, gordyhunk, it is rather catchy and I just love the build-up. And yep, I agree, the whole LP is fantastic... I don't mind the fact that basically all the tracks are covers 'cause they're [[almost all) Motown songs.

I have never listened to the original version of "Like A Rolling Stone" actually, I wonder if it's any good... lol

Quote Originally Posted by keith_hughes View Post
    Ace - and Universal, and all record companies - release the track info and the audio files at the same time to digital vendors such as iTunes and Amazon. Syncing this data is up to the vendors, and I don't know why it doesn't always happen before the files go on sale.
    Ahh, I see. So they release the track info to iTunes but sometimes not the actual music? I mean, I've seen some albums that come out on CD also made available as digital downloads, others not... hey, Keith... could you explain that to me? Lol, thank you

Thanks for the kind comments on this set - credit is due to Tony Rounce at Ace who had the idea and saw it through. Tony has other ideas for "later" Motown material to get the CD treatment, and I hope they happen soon.
    Oh, nice! Thanks Tony Rounce!!!!

The next Ace/Motown CD is nearly ready for announcement ... and we'll be back firmly in the 60s with that one! Watch this space ...
    YAY! Love it!

TomatoTom, if a CD is not on iTunes when you sync it, iTunes consults a database called Gracenote. That database relies on the first instance in which the CD was synced to supply track information. Hence, if a CD has never been synced anywhere in the world with track info, you'll get just track numbers. This explains why some CDs you sync may appear in languages other than English or with typos, which, of course, you can manually modify if you choose to. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    TomatoTom, if a CD is not on iTunes when you sync it, iTunes consults a database called Gracenote. That database relies on the first instance in which the CD was synced to supply track information. Hence, if a CD has never been synced anywhere in the world with track info, you'll get just track numbers. This explains why some CDs you sync may appear in languages other than English or with typos, which, of course, you can manually modify if you choose to. Hope this helps.
    Ahh, ok, I think I get that. Thanks sans.

When you say the "first instance in which the CD was synced to supply track information" do you mean syncing by the vendors? Or by anyone? If I add track names and info, will iTunes remember it so other people use it when they upload their CD?

[[I'm gonna say "no", lol )

Well, technically, I burnt the CDs into iTunes, moved the tracks about, and recreated the original albums! Now I have every Undisputed Truth song eva
    Hi TomatoTom,
    In recreating your original albums, which versions of 'Law Of The Land'did you use for the Law Of The Land and Down To Earth albums?
    The 'single version' on cd2 was actually on the Law Of The Land album so I suppose the album version on Cd1 was on the Down To Earth album although I can't get anyone to confirm which version was used on DTE.
    I do know that the version on cd1 was used for the UK single release which differs from the US single.
    Last edited by masterblaster; 09-03-2017 at 05:28 AM. Reason: grammar correction

Hi TomatoTom,
    In recreating your original albums, which versions of 'Law Of The Land'did you use for the Law Of The Land and Down To Earth albums?
    The 'single version' on cd2 was actually on the Law Of The Land album so I suppose the album version on Cd1 was on the Down To Earth album although I can't get anyone to confirm which version was used on DTE.
    I do know that the version on cd1 was used for the UK single release which differs from the US single.
    Hi masterblaster, in creating my Law Of The Land album, I think I used the 'single version' from Nothing But The Truth, which is, like you say, the one on the original Law Of The Land album. [[So it's not really the single version then, right? Lol)

I didn't include all the songs that were already on previous albums when creating my Down To Earth album, only the new tracks by the new lineup.

Also, "Let's Go Back To Day One" and "Gonna Keep On Tryin' 'Til I Win Your Love", which were bonus tracks on the UK release of Down To Earth in 1974... I put those two on my Law Of The Land album because they were recorded by the original 1970-73 trio not the new 1974 lineup.
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 09-04-2017 at 03:45 AM.

Hi masterblaster, in creating my Law Of The Land album, I think I used the 'single version' from Nothing But The Truth, which is, like you say, the one on the original Law Of The Land album. [[So it's not really the single version then, right? Lol
    I did something similar when recreating the two albums but pondered over which LOTL tracks to use. I heard the UK single version first and was always disappointed when hearing the album versions as they lacked the added synth effects in the instrumental bridge. I used to have Down To Earth on cassette and I'm sure the version used was the same as the Law Of The Land album version. That means the only time the 'synth' version was ever issued was for the UK single release.

Ahh, ok, I think I get that. Thanks sans.

When you say the "first instance in which the CD was synced to supply track information" do you mean syncing by the vendors? Or by anyone? If I add track names and info, will iTunes remember it so other people use it when they upload their CD?

[[I'm gonna say "no", lol )
    The impression I have is "anyone"; that would explain typos.

With iTunes only cd2 came up with the track names... I ended up using Nero to rip the cd, until the database is updated on grace note

I did something similar when recreating the two albums but pondered over which LOTL tracks to use. I heard the UK single version first and was always disappointed when hearing the album versions as they lacked the added synth effects in the instrumental bridge. I used to have Down To Earth on cassette and I'm sure the version used was the same as the Law Of The Land album version. That means the only time the 'synth' version was ever issued was for the UK single release.
    Hi Masterblaster. I still have the vinyl of Down To Earth somewhere and distinctly recall that the version of 'Law of the Land' on that album is the version with the synthesiser effects. I recall being surprised when first hearing it as I expected the same version [[with no synth) that was on the LOTL album.The Down To Earth album also contained the same versions of 'Love and Happiness' [[from LOTL) and 'Save My Love For A Rainy Day' [[from first album). I guess Norman Whitfield did not have enough tracks completed for a full album with the new lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozmo View Post
    Hi Masterblaster. I still have the vinyl of Down To Earth somewhere and distinctly recall that the version of 'Law of the Land' on that album is the version with the synthesiser effects. I recall being surprised when first hearing it as I expected the same version [[with no synth) that was on the LOTL album.The Down To Earth album also contained the same versions of 'Love and Happiness' [[from LOTL) and 'Save My Love For A Rainy Day' [[from first album). I guess Norman Whitfield did not have enough tracks completed for a full album with the new lineup.
    Thank you for confirming that Ozmo, I couldn't remember which version was on my cassette. That is how I have recreated my albums with the synth version on Down To Earth.
    I don't understand why Ace didn't put the correct versions with each album rather that naming one as the 'single version' to avoid any confusion, as each version stands up as a different track IMO.

My copy arrived this morning from Wow HD - intact and looking great. The CD cases used by ACE seem more robust and altogether more practical than those used by Soul Music. Still to listen to it but I'm expecting great things.

Ozmo and masterblaster, thanks for explaining and getting to the bottom of the Law Of The Land mystery!

I think I will replace the [[synth-less) version I used for my Law Of The Land album... I'll put the version with the synthesiser effects in there instead, as it seems superior!

I totally agree TomatoTom, the synth version is the definitive version to me as it was the one I heard in the clubs at the time and the version selected for U.K release as a single.
    Thank you Ozmo for helping to clear up the confusion.

I have no idea of the lead time for these releases, but perhaps it's the Spinners set that was hinted about on a thread a few months ago. Honestly, it doesn't really matter. All of Ace/Kent's stuff is great and so beautifully done I'll buy it regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I have no idea of the lead time for these releases, but perhaps it's the Spinners set that was hinted about on a thread a few months ago. Honestly, it doesn't really matter. All of Ace/Kent's stuff is great and so beautifully done I'll buy it regardless.
    I agree kenneth, I don't mind at all who gets the ACE treatment, it's all great stuff!!!!

Amazon says it is out of stock on this and I heard from an SDF friend that even his pre-order has yet to be satisfied. Yesterday, I checked Amazon and the price was $32! Today it's back to $16.99.

Anyway, I had a good experience buying Holloway's "Spellbound" on WOWHD, so I ordered "Nothing But the Truth" from them for $17.71, and free shipping. They say it's in stock. Hope so!

Amazon says it is out of stock on this and I heard from an SDF friend that even his pre-order has yet to be satisfied. Yesterday, I checked Amazon and the price was $32! Today it's back to $16.99.

Anyway, I had a good experience buying Holloway's "Spellbound" on WOWHD, so I ordered "Nothing But the Truth" from them for $17.71, and free shipping. They say it's in stock. Hope so!
    Hey Kenny! I just got off the phone with Amazon Customer Service. I pre-ordered my copies of Brenda Holloway AND The Undisputed Truth CDs back in July when the option to Pre-Order first became available. As an Amazon Prime member, I was to have my copy of The Undisputed Truth in my hands yesterday. Instead, not only had it not shipped yet, its Amazon status is currently listed as "Temporarily out of stock". This status implies that Amazon had them in stock at some point but ran out of them, having sold my Pre-ordered copy out from under me. As it turns out, this isn't the case at all. Amazon simply hasn't received ANY copies yet of either title. As soon as they become available, I'll be among the first to receive my Pre-Order, as will other customers who pre-ordered. [[I've noticed that this always happens with U.S. Amazon's import-CD orders from ACE in the U.K., although I've never understood why.) The Amazon Customer Service rep I spoke with was a foreigner and I was having trouble understanding her, but I think she said that The Undisputed Truth won't be available until October, but I seriously doubt it will take that long. Anyway, to ease the minds of those who Pre-Ordered, Amazon hasn't been selling our copies out from under us. We're still first on the list to get them.

Hey Gary, that still seems unacceptable. If they are selling pre-orders, they should have an idea of what kind of stock they'll have. I think you should ask for the CD to be free or something. I had the Brenda CD about a week after its actual street date, from WowHD. What you describe has never happened to me with Amazon; I've always got my pre-orders shortly after release [[though not as quickly as you big wigs who have Amazon Prime). When it happens to me, they'll get an earful, you can be sure!

Hey Gary, that still seems unacceptable. If they are selling pre-orders, they should have an idea of what kind of stock they'll have. I think you should ask for the CD to be free or something. I had the Brenda CD about a week after its actual street date, from WowHD. What you describe has never happened to me with Amazon; I've always got my pre-orders shortly after release [[though not as quickly as you big wigs who have Amazon Prime). When it happens to me, they'll get an earful, you can be sure!
    "Big Wigs"! HaHa! I wish! I hear ya, Kenny, but don't take it out on the Customer Service reps. They have no control over it, and, apparently, neither does Amazon. I could have ordered my ACE releases elsewhere, but I chose to wait for Amazon because of the free 2nd-Day shipping and the Amazon Reward Points which I earn toward future purchases. I've always had good luck with my free 2nd-day shipping deliveries [[with the exception of orders shipped from Amazon's East Georgia warehouse which, for whatever reason, take 3 days for delivery instead of 2). And some orders even arrive on Sunday's! It's only the imported ACE Motown releases that seem to take forever to get here beyond the original expected arrival date. I'll just bide my time. At the moment, I'm just relieved to know that Amazon's "Temporarily Out Of Stock" status for Pre-Orders is simply a poor choice of wording and not a royal screw-over. Brenda will be here along with The Undisputed Truth when I least expect it.