[REMOVE ADS]

Anyone think Kate Bush is a genius ?

..I do..a musical genius she was barely a teenager and she wrote the whole of her debut LP "The Kick Inside"...a wonderful string of LPs..Lionheart..Hounds Of Love..Never For Ever..She never cracked it in the US unfortunatley..she toured once but is such a perfectionist she cant put herself through it again..somewhat self critical..she takes years between projects much to the annoyance of EMI..would love to see her performance on Saturday Night Live with the guy from Letterman..Shes recorded so many amazing songs ..one of my favourite Female artists..she demands total control of her productions..she stays out of the limelight,rarely talks to the press..Is there any song that she has done you like? What do you think of her albums ? Cheers..

Oh dear Si....

I can appreciate her talents but I could never get into the music...I bought some song about "Sat in your lap" or something but I got fed up with it quickly. However, there is one song of hers that I DO play and I do love it...but that is Wuthering Heights but it has to be the second version with the wonderful string arranngement. Sadly in the CD era, I have to listen to the whole thing instead of like in the old days when you could place the stylus on the right spot.

Kate's promotional team seemed to have a whole spectrum of unusual ideas to sell her 45's that were unique at the time. I remember Billboard's Fred Bronson showing all me all sorts of weird stuff.

sat in your lap..is an acquired taste not one of her most easy songs to digest..never agreed with her re recording Wuthering Heights..why mess with a classic ?

Well Nomis ..

KATE BUSH is one of those artists that generally is much too quirky and idiosyncratic for me and I can't imagine I'd be able to sit through an entire L.P. of her material. I absolutely loathed her #1 UK hit of 1978 "Wuthering Heights" .. but then the follow up 45 "Man With The Child In His Eyes" I thought was great and I always thought that it would be suitable material for someone like ROBERTA FLACK or NINA SIMONE .. seems it got in the lower part of the Billboard Pop Hot-100 too.

And I actually bought her "Sensual World" 12" in the mid 80s as I thought it was that good. Mind you it must have been an absolute nightmare for D.Js to play as the "A" side has a double groove .. one is the instrumental version and one is the vocal .. so if you put the needle on the record at random you never know which version is going to play

KATE BUSH - "The Sensual World" ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJc64xncBt4

KATE BUSH - "The Man With The Child in His Eyes"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfjPivYmV7Y

Roger

I liked Kate's work with Peter Gabriel most. I own The Kick Inside but I have listened to more than 2 or 3 times after I bought it years ago. To me she's never established a tangible sound, I mean not long enough to sustain my interest.
    I don't have a problem with singers re-inventing themselves just not every song...

she was so different when she debuted in 78.i did like her stuff,she looked good too.man with a child in his eyes was very good.i agree with splank,her stuff with peter gabriel was her best period.
    the videos weren't bad either.

Not too familiar with all of Kates work but from what I have heard and seen she is much better than Natalie Merchant.

oh steph..if only I didnt live on the other side of the world from you...I would get us a glass of wine and play you her best moments..with your keen ear you would be in Heaven..shes a different class from Merchant..shes rather unique