[REMOVE ADS]

Comedy Legend and Civil Rights Giant Dick Gregory Passes Away

I just saw the newsflash. This is a tough one. Rest in peace Baba Gregory....I will still be listening.

Marv
    Last edited by marv2; 08-20-2017 at 09:43 PM.

He lived on his own terms and was truly a legend. I didn't always
    agree with him in recent years but he made you think. RIP, Mr.
    Gregory....

My dad and I got to see him speak at The National Baptist Convention in '87; it was a thrilling and soul-stirring experience for both of us.

My brother shared a first-class flight with him years ago. After a contentious start [["Dick?" "MISTER Gregory."), they ended up hitting it off. It changed my brother's life. Rest in power, fighter.

I believe that the Lord took a great white comedian and a great black comedian as a sign to us to live together.

edafan

Dick Gregory lived a life that was arguably bigger than anybody else that I can think of. He was remarkable in how unique and influential he was. I felt like I was kicked in the gut when I read news of his passing because as full as his life was, I still think he had much to offer the world. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Dick Gregory lived a life that was arguably bigger than anybody else that I can think of. He was remarkable in how unique and influential he was. I felt like I was kicked in the gut when I read news of his passing because as full as his life was, I still think he had much to offer the world. RIP.
    Jerry, I know how you feel. An extremely intelligent man. I listened to his commentaries about once a week on Youtube. I regret never having the pleasure of meeting him out of all the people I have bless to meet. God rest his soul. He did his work!

Now there ought to be a statue of Mr. Dick Gregory erected......he was everything!