[REMOVE ADS]

Yvonne Elliman-Alexander Busted for Drugs

Musicians and drugs? Not exactly jaw-dropping. Except for: 1) Guam, 2) The concert's going on anyway, 3) Yvonne Elliman still has a following? "If I can't have meth, l still have refer baby. If I can't have meth, o-o-ohhh!"
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 08-17-2017 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Musicians and drugs? Not exactly jaw-dropping. Except for: 1) Guam, 2) The concert's going on anyway, 3) Yvonne Elliman still has a following?
    LOL! Touché. She's admitted her use in the past; I guess I thought she'd have been done with all that at this stage in her life.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    LOL! Touché. She's admitted her use in the past; I guess I thought she'd have been done with all that at this stage in her life.
    I wonder. Did she smuggle the meth in her mole? [[Forgive me - I mean no harm - I'm simply cheeky!)

I wonder. Did she smuggle the meth in her mole? [[Forgive me - I mean no harm - I'm simply cheeky!)
    PNH, you're a mess. And I mean that affectionately.😁

PNH, you're a mess. And I mean that affectionately.
    A compliment, I'm sure! Now if I recall correctly, Elliman racked quite a nice pair [[though one was bigger than the other). 'I Don't Know How To Love Him' [[as if ...) and 'If I Can't ...'.

Wow....I thought she'd be a little old for that nonsense. Her grandkids must be proud!

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post

Wow....I thought she'd be a little old for that nonsense. Her grandkids must be proud!
    ... not to mention her chins ...

... not to mention her chins ...
    LOL!! It's like...put down the pipe Yvonne....time for bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    LOL!! It's like...put down the pipe Yvonne....time for bingo.
    Right?!? I'm in my 60s and prune juice is enough of a high for me. WTH needs meth?

Wink

Right?!? I'm in my 60s and prune juice is enough of a high for me. WTH needs meth?
    I'm right with you Peace....'prunes on the rock'...let the good times fly [[literally)!

A compliment, I'm sure! Now if I recall correctly, Elliman racked quite a nice pair [[though one was bigger than the other). 'I Don't Know How To Love Him' [[as if ...) and 'If I Can't ...'.
    Don't forget "Love Me," also written by the Gibbs.

Don't forget "Love Me," also written by the Gibbs.
    That one I don't know. But I did see on Kiki-pedia Elliman had a hit of sorts with a cover of 'Hello Stranger'. At least she'll have a good song to introduce herself to her fellow inmates.

She also did very good covers of "Sally, Go 'Round the Roses" and "Hello Stranger".

I loved her music. I didn't know she was still singing.

Sorry to hear that...Very sad...That said...At least she wasn't smuggling nukes into Guam for Kim Jong-un...On a more serious note...Meth seems to be the addictive drug of choice amongst native Hawaiians. I had friends who worked over there and informed me of that. I recall seeing a guy who had been one of the most legendary surfers in all of Hawaii, Montgomery Kaluhiokalani succumb to drug use and in just a few short years, looked like a different person...Especially bad problem in the poorer sections on the island of Ohahu
    Last edited by StuBass1; 08-19-2017 at 02:38 PM.

She also had a hit in USA with Love Pains. I hope she can restart her recovery. Even more dangerous at her age.

Busted for smuggling drugs? Oh wow. Actually I only know Yvonne for "If I Can't Have You" so this in a roundabout way has reminded me to check out some of her other stuff, lol

her cover of Hello Stranger was, IMO, the closest anyone got to the Barbara Lewis original

Bump: Okay, PNH, this update's for you [[):

http://www.nydailynews.com/newswires...icle-1.3896648

Musicians and drugs? Not exactly jaw-dropping. Except for: 1) Guam, 2) The concert's going on anyway, 3) Yvonne Elliman still has a following? "If I can't have meth, l still have refer baby. If I can't have meth, o-o-ohhh!"
    Oh you're mean!

She must have been high because she's smiling, almost laughing. I guess it's because she's a felon now. Actually, it's not funny because meth is some baaaad stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by waynesville View Post
    her cover of Hello Stranger was, IMO, the closest anyone got to the Barbara Lewis original
    I agree. My favorite song is her 1976 top 10 hit single "Love Me".