[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: New Motown Book

New Motown Book

SDFers:

You may be interested in this new book on Motown.

Lefty

Thanks, lefty. One of my obsessions has always been the notion of "crossover" culture as it relates to the progress of African-Americans in history; this looks like just my cup of tea. I also notice that the author teaches at my brother's and sister's [[and several cousins') alma mater. I'll have to definitely check this one out!

Great topic. Academia needs to keep studies of Motown going!

I'm the author.

I hope you get something out of it. I seem to think that the type of obsessives that occupy this forum should get something out of it. I mean that in a good way, of course. I often see questions fly across this list that are discussed [[and sometimes even footnoted) in the book. I also cite some of the important conversations that have occurred on SDF. This group is a real brain trust in many ways.

Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    I'm the author.

I hope you get something out of it. I seem to think that the type of obsessives that occupy this forum should get something out of it. I mean that in a good way, of course. I often see questions fly across this list that are discussed [[and sometimes even footnoted) in the book. I also cite some of the important conversations that have occurred on SDF. This group is a real brain trust in many ways.

Thanks for reading.
    Thanks for the post.

Makes me way more interested.

I'm the author.

Thanks for reading.
    Dang!

This is quite a surprise. Looking forward to reading it....

I'm the author.

Thanks for reading.
    Get outta here! Thanks so much for responding! Would love to chat with you about Carleton sometime; incidentally, my middle name is Carleton because my brother was a freshman there when I was born!

Feel free to email anytime. You can find me on the school site.