[REMOVE ADS]

Let Yourself Go - CASSETTE version [[Supremes 70s GHRC)

Here it is.
    https://youtu.be/YlsMKkm3nFI

I could hear the changes George noted on "Touch" but can't hear the differences on LYG. If you can, please post below.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by thanxal; 08-03-2017 at 04:43 PM. Reason: spelling, of course.

Thanks again for sharing the link. Amazingly, I actually remember how this particular edit sounded, and was able to recreate it from muscle memory using a CD source of the original LP version, so I could add it to my own deluxe MS&S LP for my iPod.

I did notice you labelled it as a mono mix in your Youtube description. It's definitely in stereo. And as far as I can tell, it's just a simple edit of the LP version. Which explains why I was able to recreate it perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoch View Post
    Thanks again for sharing the link. Amazingly, I actually remember how this particular edit sounded, and was able to recreate it from muscle memory using a CD source of the original LP version, so I could add it to my own deluxe MS&S LP for my iPod.

I did notice you labelled it as a mono mix in your Youtube description. It's definitely in stereo. And as far as I can tell, it's just a simple edit of the LP version. Which explains why I was able to recreate it perfectly.
    Thanks for the info. I'll change it on the YouTube description. Is it just levels that are different? I really tried to hear the difference but must be losing my hearing [[in addition to my mind. lol!).

For me, I think the extraneous tape hiss makes it sound a little off, but that's tape for you. I'm not 100% certain though, I'm just going by what my own ears are telling me.

For the record, I also managed, with the assistance of a different Youtube video, to reconstruct the original 7" single version of LYG as well. I definitely prefer this alternate edit to the original single. It seems to flow better.

Is this version a wee bit faster than the others? Or is it just my ears? Maybe it's as DJMoch says, that it seems to "flow" better than the others. In any case, thanks for posting Thanxal! Really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Is this version a wee bit faster than the others? Or is it just my ears? Maybe it's as DJMoch says, that it seems to "flow" better than the others. In any case, thanks for posting Thanxal! Really appreciate it!
    I thought the same thing. It's closer to the tempo of their live version. I really like this mix. "Let Yourself Go" is one of my favorite Supremes songs, but the album version is a little long.

Thanks again to thanxal for taking the time to upload these cassette tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
    I thought the same thing. It's closer to the tempo of their live version. I really like this mix. "Let Yourself Go" is one of my favorite Supremes songs, but the album version is a little long.

Thanks again to thanxal for taking the time to upload these cassette tracks.
    It's one of my favorites too Thornton!

Looking back at the old thread, this isn't a different mix of "Let Yourself Go", it's simply a different edit. I agree with George Solomon that's it a better edit than the one they went with for the single.

Apparently, the GH&RC cassette also features an otherwise unreleased single edit of "High Energy". Could you post that if you get the chance, thanxal?

Last edited by smallworld; 01-20-2018 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    Looking back at the old thread, this isn't a different mix of "Let Yourself Go", it's simply a different edit. I agree with George Solomon that's it a better edit than the one they went with for the single.

Apparently, the GH&RC cassette also features an otherwise unreleased single edit of "High Energy". Could you post that if you get the chance, thanxal?
    I didn't transfer it since I thought it was on 70s Anthology. Isn't the 70s Anthology version the same?

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    I didn't transfer it since I thought it was on 70s Anthology. Isn't the 70s Anthology version the same?
    Not quite. George Solomon stated that the same mix of "High Energy" is on the '70s Anthology but that the GH&RC cassette has a unique edit of that mix - in the same way that the "Let Yourself Go" you posted above is a unique edit. One can find the same mix elsewhere, but not that particular edit.

Was this edited in the 90s when they released GHARC or was this mixed in the 70s and just not released as a single?

I have also wondered why the Sups didn’t get any 12” release of their disco hits. They certainly chatted high enough on the dance charts to warrant one

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    Was this edited in the 90s when they released GHARC or was this mixed in the 70s and just not released as a single?

I have also wondered why the Sups didn’t get any 12” release of their disco hits. They certainly chatted high enough on the dance charts to warrant one
    When George write about this on this forum, I interpreted it as the same version as on the 70s Anthology. But I think smallworld is correct. It is edited differently than the 70s Anthology version. I'll try to convert High Energy soon and will post a URL to Youtube here.

sorry - i was referring to LYG. was the version on GHARC a version that was mixed and prepared back in the 70s or was it a new one.

in a previous thread, there was a discussion of IGLMHDTW and the mix used on Soul Train and Bandstand. Andy mentioned that there were multiple mixes done at the time.