[REMOVE ADS]

Kidd Creole of Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five Charged with Murder

Don't push him 'cause he's close to the edge:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3377134

Oh boy! Loved his music

You know what? I am sleepy because I was thinking this was Kid Creole aka August Darnell of Kid Creole and the Coconuts. I now remember the other Kidd Creole that did the stabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You know what? I am sleepy because I was thinking this was Kid Creole aka August Darnell of Kid Creole and the Coconuts. I now remember the other Kidd Creole that did the stabbing.
    It threw me off for a second there as well!

I work roughly 2 blocks from where this all went down. A real shame.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    It threw me off for a second there as well!

I work roughly 2 blocks from where this all went down. A real shame.
    A terrible shame.

Oh dear. He fatally stabbed a homeless man? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Oh dear. He fatally stabbed a homeless man? Wow.
    The plot thickens...Kidd Creole thought that the guy was making a pass at him. Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    The plot thickens...Kidd Creole thought that the guy was making a pass at him. Good grief.
    1) There are 2 Kid Creoles?
    2) Well now it's perfectly justified because homeless men making passes at rappers are such an out-of-control issue ... will djt declare him a national hero?

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    1) There are 2 Kid Creoles?
    2) Well now it's perfectly justified because homeless men making passes at rappers are such an out-of-control issue ... will djt declare him a national hero?
    PNH, you're a caution!

Yes, there are two: The aforementioned August Darnell, who led the legendary '70s retro outfit Kid [single 'd'] Creole and The Coconuts, and this guy, Kidd Creole of Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five. Must be causing a lot of confusion in Mr. Darnell's life right about now!

"Kidd Creole" was a member of Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five. They recorded, to me, the greatest Rap record in history......."The Message"

Kid Creole [[August Darnell) created some fun music in the early 80s that I enjoyed:

Kid Creole and the Coconuts were one of my all-time favorite acts. He was an heir to Louis Jordan with his ability to compose hilarious lyrics along with fantastic orchestral backing. They were one of those groups that my friends and I listened to and enjoyed in the car on the way to clubs that never played their songs.

And "The Message" was the song that first made me a fan of '80s rap. It literally changed the game on what lyrics could be used in popular songs. It's one of the most iconic '80s records among my clique.

A thug, and now a murderer. Apparently, this thug thought the homeless man made a homosexual pass at him. Thus, he deserved to be murdered. hmmmmmmm

If he killed a guy who made a pass at him, there must be a reason that he hated a stranger more than he loved his own freedom. I honestly believe that the most homophobic personalities express themselves in that way because they either are or fear themselves to be gay and prefer to hide it.

This is messed up in so many ways it ain't even funny. I didn't know
    Glover was now dependent on working as a security guard to make a
    living. Or had become so stupid and touchy. Shit, if I killed every gay
    man who tried to come onto me I'd be doing double triple quadruple
    life sentences, LOL!!!!...I also am a bit surprised that folks forgot or
    didn't know there was another Kid Creole in the business. There have been a number of artists who shared their name or handle with others including two Paul Williams, Otis Williams, Brenda Holloways and even George Clintons...Anyway, the history of Kid Creole AKA
    August Darnel is quite a story in itself going back to his first group,
    Dr Buzzard's Original Savannah Band. I was quite disappointed when
    all Tommy Motolla would say about the group in his book was that they were destroyed by drugs and clashing egos. They were game
    changers....

I didn't read the book, but you are correct splanky. There's not a genre that defines them. Irreverent groups like Devo, the B-52s, and Talking Heads came in their wake, even though none of the bands had any other similarities. With songs like "Annie, I'm Not Your Daddy" and "Endicott", their lyrics were hilarious and sharp-edged without having to be profane or juvenile. I need to dust off some of their stuff tonight and listen to it.

And I know his last name was Glover. I didn't recall Kidd Creole and Melle Mel to be brothers but with the same last name and almost the same faces, I guess they were. It's too bad how music flushes so many artists out like sewage. They can be dead broke even as new fans discover them generations later.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Kid Creole and the Coconuts were one of my all-time favorite acts. He was an heir to Louis Jordan with his ability to compose hilarious lyrics along with fantastic orchestral backing. They were one of those groups that my friends and I listened to and enjoyed in the car on the way to clubs that never played their songs.

And "The Message" was the song that first made me a fan of '80s rap. It literally changed the game on what lyrics could be used in popular songs. It's one of the most iconic '80s records among my clique.
    After The Message, gangster rap was born aka hip-hop. No more raps about meeting girls at a club, rap battles, and dancing.

I guess he didn't his own Message: "I'm trying not to lose my head!"