[REMOVE ADS]

MissLish Guest

Rare Clip! The Supremes: Stop in the Name of Love!!

I remember seeing this back in the day, and then again once on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU9JAt846Vc

Im sorry I love this clip and I have seen it before [[I have it on VHS) but when Flo and Mary drive off and Diana is standing there singing to the record I crack up. All of them look great though its one of the few times they looked urban to me.

MissLish Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Im sorry I love this clip and I have seen it before [[I have it on VHS) but when Flo and Mary drive off and Diana is standing there singing to the record I crack up. All of them look great though its one of the few times they looked urban to me.

By then they were all Sasooned up! LOL! Where is this clip from, Steph; do you recall?

Its from the special ITS A MOD MOD WORLD, hosted by Cousin Brucie.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa,i love the way they drove off,was that planned or did berry chew somebody out for leaving miss ross standing there???

MissLish Guest
    Thank you, reese! I remember that show those earrings and being called into my junior high school's girl's dean's office for wearing mini skirts, window pane stockings, and those big baubleish hooker earrings. LOL!

How could you forget the ankle chain. No wonder you got called to the dean's office, or maybe he had other things on his mind!

BTW, your naughty waistline joke kept me laughing for ages.

Ahhh I love this as well, they look so pretty, so innocent and Flo is having herself a ball. I loved clips like this where I know they are having fun entertaining.

MissLish Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    How could you forget the ankle chain. No wonder you got called to the dean's office, or maybe he had other things on his mind!

BTW, your naughty waistline joke kept me laughing for ages.

Judging from the e-mail I received, you weren't the only one! ;o)

olamaebarto Guest
    Florence and Mary were burning rubber !!

Miss Lish

Was that from the Dean!

This is great!!! Thought I had seen most of the tv stuff from back in the day but this one was new for me and so refreshing to see folks loving it instead of the usual SDF negative stuff that has really been turning me off lately. Keep the clips coming.

MissLish Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Miss Lish

Was that from the Dean!

Yes, my darling, the Dean's was only one of many. Apparently, waistlines are quite amusing.^^

smark21 Guest
    I enjoy seeing clips of the Supremes performing where they are not so gowned and glammed up and look more their age at the time as it really suits their big HDH hits.

with a process called VIDFIRE that master could be cleaned up to almost its original quality..they use this process on Black and White Doctor Who releases on dvd and the results are fantastic..makes you wonder what else is sitting in a tv vault somewhere disintergrating waiting to be discovered..I always wondered what else someone has and dont realise how rare it is..Grand West Media seem in no hurry to release anything from the Motown vault..and I would love to see Aint No Moutain that Diana performed on Dick Clark..its absurd Diana hasnt got a solo 70s clips dvd complilation..they did Marvin,Smokey,The Tempts and Supremes and no Diana..or J5- after MJs death which would certainly sell a few hundred thousand..slow off the mark is a polite way of describing West Grand Media...

Another funny thing about this clip is that other than Love Child you never saw them looking this comfortable and un show bizzy. Flo and Mary look quite comfortable as well as Diana. I wish that someone could put out a live clip of them from the Copa and Blinstrubs and venues of that nature Im sure Berry filmed those performances.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Another funny thing about this clip is that other than Love Child you never saw them looking this comfortable and un show bizzy. Flo and Mary look quite comfortable as well as Diana. I wish that someone could put out a live clip of them from the Copa and Blinstrubs and venues of that nature Im sure Berry filmed those performances.
    A few years back, I read an article with a young man named Paul [[I believe) who was helping Berry catalogue his video collection. He was sworn to secrecy as to what he saw. But he said the treasures were mind-boggling.
    Last edited by reese; 01-26-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Did you have to post that Reese? my mind was getting ready to go to sleep and now youve got me on the coffee...can anyone find the article? man thats made my day..I hope its true..Reese youve given a middle aged man like me hope !!

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    Did you have to post that Reese? my mind was getting ready to go to sleep and now youve got me on the coffee...can anyone find the article? man thats made my day..I hope its true..Reese youve given a middle aged man like me hope !!
    Nomis, if that tidbit has gotten "reawakened", then I don't know what I'm about to say will do to you, hehehehehe.....

Certain very rare and historical performances that were videoed have some how "gotten out"! LOL!!! Some one told me this years ago.

Marv you drive me nuts when you tease me like this brother! Like i just said to Steph I wish I wasnt on the other side of the world from you I could pick your brain for hours my friend...

Nomis me you and Marv should be the Three Musketeers!!! Oh God Reese sworn to secrecy!

Ok were they fights in the group, were they mistakes in the studio, were they mistakes on stage or you dont know. Was it Temps, Four Tops, Vandellas, Marvelettes, Supremes footage, or the Miracles, Blinky, Edwin Starr? I hate this! This Motown fan is salivating.