[REMOVE ADS]

Help! Stevie Wonder Question

I don't have my Songs in the Key of Life booklet any longer and can't find the answer online...who are the background singers on "As"?

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    I don't have my Songs in the Key of Life booklet any longer and can't find the answer online...who are the background singers on "As"?
    I've still got my booklet from Songs In The Key Of Life & the credits for Stevie Wonder's "As" only credit one background singer, Mary Lee Whitney [[with background handclaps credited to Dave Henson, Yolanda Simmons, Josette Valentino, Nate Watts, Herbie Hancock & Stevie).

Sansradio......for what it's worth, Wikipedia [[for the 'Songs....' album) states that Stevie himself did background vocals for 'As', along with Mary Lee Whitney....although I'd be inclined to feel the printed booklet would be more accurate....

Thanks, people! Was curious if Niecy was on that particular track.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Thanks, people! Was curious if Niecy was on that particular track.
    Sans if I recall correctly she's on "Ordinary Pain".

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    You're right RanRan; Deniece Williams is on the background vocals of the first half of "Ordinary Pain" [[along with Syreeta Wright, Minnie Ripperton & Mary Lee Whitney). Shirley Brewer does the lead vocals on the song's second half [[with Linda Lawrence, Terry Hendricks, Sundry Tucker, Charity McCrary, Linda McCrary & Madelaine 'Gypsie' Jones on the background vocals).

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    Sansradio......for what it's worth, Wikipedia [[for the 'Songs....' album) states that Stevie himself did background vocals for 'As', along with Mary Lee Whitney....although I'd be inclined to feel the printed booklet would be more accurate....
    It sure sounds like Stevie Wonder did the background vocals along with Mary Lee Whitney on "As" [[although he's not mentioned for it in the credits for the song).

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Yep, I remembered her and Minnie on "Ordinary Pain." You guys are the best!

Yeah, Stevie is clearly singing backup on "As".