[REMOVE ADS]

New Melissa Manchester Releases in September

Yes I know she is not soul, so don't crucify me on that point, but still a talented artist. Amazon shows that she has not one, but two, new products due out on September 8th. One is a 2 CD set of all her Arista singles that appears to be quite comprehensive. This will be a Real Gone Music release.

The other is entitled "The Fellas" but so far there is no information on it. I would assume it is a new studio album but who knows? From the title, maybe she is covering some songs made popular by male artists. Does anyone have any further input on this one?

John G. Stumpf Guest

John G. Stumpf Guest

John G. Stumpf Guest
    I think Melissa Manchester can be soulful.

John:

You must be quite the fan! Favorite song?

For me it would be You Should Hear How She Talks About You for the rockers and Fire in the Morning among her ballads.

Love Mel - saw several dynamic, pre-hit concerts in NYC and buy every LP. Thanks for the info.

Just for the record, I think Melissa Manchester can be very soulful. She is a very versatile artist. I am looking forward to the Real Gone compilation due in early September.

I wonder why, though, that her MCA release, Mathematics, has never been reissued on CD. I think it's the only one of her LPs that hasn't been re-released, and it really needs to be!

Melissa's definitely got soul! Always dug her. Thanks for the heads-up!

Melissa Manchester IS soul, without a doubt. Her music, her vocalization, everything. I love her. Glad she has fans here. I already contributed to her IndieGogo campaign so my new CD should be on the way soon.

"Mathematics" was available for download not sure if it's still available.

I, too, think that Manchester is a blue-eyed soul performer. Can't say why - it's just in the sound. And her pre-hits interviews [[yes, I'm that OLD...frequently mentioned her affiliation with soul music, Stevie Wonder in specific. When I haven't had a vodka gimlet I'll post her song to Stevie. Melissa's concerts [[Carnegie Hall, Avery Fishcher Hall, etc) were monumental. Great lady, great songwriter, great singer.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Melissa Manchester IS soul, without a doubt. Her music, her vocalization, everything. I love her. Glad she has fans here. I already contributed to her IndieGogo campaign so my new CD should be on the way soon.
    Thanks, Guy - I'll see if contributions are still open. Girl's voice still BOOMS!!!

John G. Stumpf Guest
    Melissa Manchester is my favorite singer. Thanks for starting this thread to make people aware of her talent. Clive Davis referred to her as a world class singer.

I have always loved Melissa Manchester and I think I have all of her CD releases. I wish Mathematics would be released on CD but I am glad to at least have the tracks on mp3. Her last few albums have been wonder AC releases. So, thanks for the heads up on this release - I just pre-ordered it.

I read something that implied that the new CD may have a duet on it with Dionne Warwick, but don't quote me on that.

I also just read on Amazon that the new CD is only 30 minutes. That is short by today's standards. Wonder if it is really an EP? Anyone seen a track listing anywhere?

The new lp, 'The Fellas', is a tribute lp of cover songs [[Sinatra, Bennet, Cole, etc). Manchester's website doesn't give much more info yet. Manchester refers to it as an 'album'; nothing else firm just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    I read something that implied that the new CD may have a duet on it with Dionne Warwick, but don't quote me on that.
    Melissa and Dionne had a duet on Melissa's last cd YOU GOTTA LOVE THE LIFE. Not sure if they did another one for the upcoming cd.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    I also just read on Amazon that the new CD is only 30 minutes. That is short by today's standards. Wonder if it is really an EP? Anyone seen a track listing anywhere?
    There's an 8-song track listing on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Fellas-Meliss...ssa+manchester

They just added that track list today because BELIEVE ME I have been looking! I will still buy it but I guess overall I am a little disappointed in the sound of it and will be much more interested in the 2 CD singles collection.