[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Brenda Holloway: SPELLBOUND

Does anyone have advice on the best place to order this CD that has been announced for an August release? It is listed on the Amazon UK site, but at this point it is not listed on the American Amazon site. Does anyone have any recommendations of other sites that are dependable and fast? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by booty View Post
    Not too sure if ACE deliver outside the UK but this is who I use and usually get the release about a week before the official date of issue.
    This is not an Ace release Cherry Red who handle the SoulMusic Records label which is releasing Spellbound usually announce a US release date shortly after the UK one. But I'm sure you will be able to get it as an import from any reputable on line retailer as soon as they have stocks in the UK.

wowhd.us has it a pre-order for $14.54. I have always gotten good service from them.

The CD is listed in Amazon US, but it's "not currently available." I would think as we get into August, it may become available for pre-order. https://www.amazon.com/Spellbound-Ra.../dp/B072ZF3TPF

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    wowhd.us has it a pre-order for $14.54. I have always gotten good service from them.
    Wow, thanks for this tip. An amazing price and no postage!!! 💲💲💲💲

The set is up for pre-order on Amazon US. It's currently $22.99, but that can drop if more orders are placed before release day [[their pre-order price guarantee). People have posted of lower prices elsewhere, but for those who like Amazon, now you know and can place your orders! C'mon August 25th!

I just got the pre-order notice from Amazon US. It is $22.99 plus an undesignated S/H. I took daviddesper's advice regarding WOWHD.US and place my order with them. I had never heard of this outfit. Their prices seem really great with free shipping. I am skeptical that the Amazon price will drop to the level of WOWHD.US. That's a big drop.

I would agree with you, Woodward. Any price drop at Amazon likely won't be at the $8.00 level. Still, I have Amazon Prime, so I get free shipping and it will be delivered on release day [[which is nice). What will always zap me now is the sales tax--10.25%. [[That's living in L.A. for ya!) I also get bonus points on my Amazon credit card [[5% back when I shop at Amazon) so it all pays off for me in the end.

No matter where anyone buys their copy--BUY IT! Let's make this another big seller [[like "Supremes A' Go-Go!). Brenda deserves the recognition!

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    I would agree with you, Woodward. Any price drop at Amazon likely won't be at the $8.00 level. Still, I have Amazon Prime, so I get free shipping and it will be delivered on release day [[which is nice). What will always zap me now is the sales tax--10.25%. [[That's living in L.A. for ya!) I also get bonus points on my Amazon credit card [[5% back when I shop at Amazon) so it all pays off for me in the end.

No matter where anyone buys their copy--BUY IT! Let's make this another big seller [[like "Supremes A' Go-Go!). Brenda deserves the recognition!
    Dan. What did you do with all those extra A Go Go's that you bought

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Dan. What did you do with all those extra A Go Go's that you bought
    John, I built a CD shelving unit. What did you do with yours?

Name:  treasures.jpg
Views: 2043
Size:  105.2 KBName:  treasures.jpg
Views: 2043
Size:  105.2 KB

Not long now

I have only just bought my first copy. I cant afford multiple copies these days

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I have only just bought my first copy. I cant afford multiple copies these days
    So good I posted it twice

The Amazon US price is now $20.74 for the Spellbound set. Just pre-ordered mine from there. I'll have it on release day, shipped free, since I am a Prime member.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    The Amazon US price is now $20.74 for the Spellbound set. Just pre-ordered mine from there. I'll have it on release day, shipped free, since I am a Prime member.
    Good man the more this gets supported the more likely we get more material released

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    Good man the more this gets supported the more likely we get more material released
    Yep, I ordered mine immediately from Amazon, too!! Thanks for the great job, Paul.

Well, when I pre-ordered my copy of Spellbound, I realized that I never ordered The Artistry of Brenda Holloway. I remedied that at the same time and am now in possession of my new CD. I probably only need it for the unreleased tracks, but are any of the other tracks rare or different from previously released compilations?

About Product Images

Dusty Goove:

Brenda Holloway
    Spellbound – Rare & Unreleased Motown Gems

CD [[Item 848062) Motown/Soulmusic.com [[UK), Mid 60s — Condition: New Copy
    2CD
    $14.99 ... CD

[[€12.60 || £11.44 || ¥1646) [[approx.)
    Please note

The Euro [[€), Pound [[£), and Japanese Yen [[¥) prices listed here are all approximate prices, to be used for comparison purposes only. They are updated every day based on currency rates quoted to us by our bank — but understand that the final rate charged to you by your bank may differ.

Add to
    Watch List
    Add to Order Adding To Your Existing Order

Customers who are signed in and have open orders may add items to their order for combine shipping and faster checkout. This reserves the item sooner, securing your place in line — which is great when ordering hard-to-find items!
    Sign in to add this item to your open order.
    Add this item to your cart then checkout as usual.

Add to Cart Related searches

Brenda Holloway
    Motown
    Motown [[label)
    Soulmusic.com
    Soulmusic.com [[label)
    Soul [[CD, LP)

A huge amount of rare material from one of the coolest, classiest singers to work for Motown Records in the 60s – the wonderful Brenda Holloway, who may well be represented here by as much unreleased material as the label ever issued by her back in the day! Holloway's got a style that's a bit different than some of her labelmates – sometimes a bit more adult, sometimes a bit more suited to tunes with jazzy currents – although still served up with all the soulful richness you'd expect from Motown! Some of the tracks here have surfaced as digital downloads, in this era when the Motown vaults have been opened up wider than before – and some are making their debut here, in a 2CD collection that's overflowing with wonderful material that really reshapes the role of the singer at the label. Titles include "The Star", "I'm Spellbound", "Can't Hold The Feeling Back", "Girl On the Run", "Deep Freeze", "Don't Compare Me With Her", "What Have I Don't To Myself", "The Land Of Make Believe", "I'm The Exception To The Rule", "Lucky My Boy", "I Don't Want Anybody Perfect", "Today I Sing The Blues", "Strange Things", "This Time Last Summer", "I'm Giving Up", "The Lonely Heart & Lonely Eyes Of Lonely Me", "Without Love You Lose A Good Feelin", and "I Still Get Butterflies

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    I have never heard of WOWHD either but I quickly put my order in. Free shipping, too. Wow, what a great price. I think it's good to support these other-than-Amazon sellers, especially with such a break in the price. I get free shipping on Amazon too, but their benefits via Amazon prime and all can't equal an $8 savings!

Thanks for the tip!

If you order frequently from them, they will occasionally send you a special offer or discount.

My copy is on its way from Dusty Groove. Only $14.99 for TWO discs of material. What a bargain.

Has anyone received their copy yet?

I received my copy of "Spellbound" and the Willie Hutch Two Fer and I'm very pleased.I was certainly taken aback by the improved sound quality of the "SB".The clarity is there and since no information is lost you get to hear them in all their glory.Once again,I am satisfied.Thanks to Paul Nixon,Dave Nathan,Mark Brennan,Keith Sweeney,Nick Robbins for mastering,and Christopher Alexander for the assistance with Audio Restoration. Keep doing this!

Wow you got to hold the finished CD before I have well done glad you are enjoying it...tell all your friends ..then we may get more

Paul Nixon,

Thank you for the sound samples. They sound terrific; I'm smiling as I listen. Was surprised by several stereo selections.
    Can't wait to receive my copy.

Amazon now posting 16.99 US. Pre-ordered mine

Another shopping tip......I had been checking another one of my favorite websites, Deep Discount, and prior to today, they had not yet listed this CD. But now they have it for $14.63. They too offer free shipping if you order at least $25.00 worth.

Name:  20937867_10154672182561891_1657265567_n.jpg
Views: 1572
Size:  67.6 KB

It's arrived at last.......after months it's actually here and sounds wonderful

Hoping to get mine by 22nd...so say Amazon uk

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    Hoping to get mine by 22nd...so say Amazon uk
    Great - Snake well done - a word of warning to all those 'considering' have you seen how much the Brenda Anthology now fetches on the second hand market?

Mine's on the way - in Peterborough apparently, so maybe I'll get it earlier than the 22nd.

If the Brenda Anthology is in such demand as to push the prices up so high, why isn't it being reissued?

Mine has been dispatched so it should be there when I get home from my holiday. That will be something to look forward to !!! Thanks Paul Nixon and the team hope that this is a success and paves the way for future releases Will Brenda be promoting this release when she comes to the UK next month ??

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Mine's on the way - in Peterborough apparently, so maybe I'll get it earlier than the 22nd.

If the Brenda Anthology is in such demand as to push the prices up so high, why isn't it being reissued?
    Not for want of me trying I can tell you

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    Mine has been dispatched so it should be there when I get home from my holiday. That will be something to look forward to !!! Thanks Paul Nixon and the team hope that this is a success and paves the way for future releases Will Brenda be promoting this release when she comes to the UK next month ??
    Well she'll have a copy this week so my hope is she may perform a track or two at Skeggy fingers crossed

Just got my copy delivered via Amazon in the UK, perhaps it's my OCD kicking in, but is there any reason [[apart from no one proof checking the artwork) that Track 9, Disk 1, is the ONLY one with a running time on the CD itself ?

The Motown Unreleased 64, 65 and 66 downloads were all great to have, but the mixes on this new set are truly Superb. Plus the fact that we now have a physical copy.
    What can I say - truly amazing.

And I have to say, Brenda Holloway was so ahead of her time on some of these tracks...

Well done Paul, David and Sharon, for such a wonderful job done here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1735972560001093/

Quote Originally Posted by backflipboy View Post
    Just got my copy delivered via Amazon in the UK, perhaps it's my OCD kicking in, but is there any reason [[apart from no one proof checking the artwork) that Track 9, Disk 1, is the ONLY one with a running time on the CD itself ?
    Thought I'd already answered this a couple of days back on another site - no there's no reason and yes it probably is your OCD kicking in, I'll ask the graphic artist why - perhaps he'll have a very deep and meaningful answer. In the meantime hope you are enjoying the music.

Paul

received today Saturday, and playing , and enjoying it.
    Will play a number of tracks on my radio/mixcloud show over the coming weeks.
    Let' hope Cheery Red sell a few copies...and release similar products on Motown.
    regards
    Larry
    The Soulful Shack
    www.mixcloud.com/snakepit2648/

Paul

Is there any evidence that Brenda recorded a Frank Wilson tune you may have heard of [[
    " Do I love yo [[indeed I do).....Pretty sure we'd have heard about it, but with Motown, you never know.

Paul

Is there any evidence that Brenda recorded a Frank Wilson tune you may have heard of [[
    " Do I love yo [[indeed I do).....Pretty sure we'd have heard about it, but with Motown, you never know.
    You know my old saying Larry, never say never when it comes to Motown - I think however in this case we can seriously say no - no evidence whatsoever. Not to say she hasn't done it since she left though..

Paul

received today Saturday, and playing , and enjoying it.
    Will play a number of tracks on my radio/mixcloud show over the coming weeks.
    Let' hope Cheery Red sell a few copies...and release similar products on Motown.
    regards
    Larry
    The Soulful Shack
    Is this the link to listen to the show Snake - as I'll make sure I tune in?

yes Paul

just recorded the show 146 which will be available from Monday.

Seems like Cherry Red sold out before this was released. Even though I pre-ordered by copy of this together with the Willie Hutch set direct from them, only the Willie Hutch 2fer arrived on Friday with Spellbound showing as being "not sent" and also "not on back order"!

Ended up getting a copy from Amazon UK which arrived Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by booty View Post
    Seems like Cherry Red sold out before this was released. Even though I pre-ordered by copy of this together with the Willie Hutch set direct from them, only the Willie Hutch 2fer arrived on Friday with Spellbound showing as being "not sent" and also "not on back order"!

Ended up getting a copy from Amazon UK which arrived Saturday.
    Blimey that's amazing I knew they had received a massive amount of pre-orders but running out already is something else. Just seen this amazing 5 star review from Mojo Name:  Mojo Brenda Holloway.jpg
Views: 1735
Size:  97.9 KB

I hope they saved some for those living outside the U.K.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    I hope they saved some for those living outside the U.K.
    I'm sure they'll do re-run

Paul

Soulful Shack 146 uploaded.
    More Brenda next show
    I hope you enjoy the show. If you do, please pass on the link to any people who might be interested in 60s Soul
    thanks
    Larry

Paul

Soulful Shack 146 uploaded.
    More Brenda next show
    I hope you enjoy the show. If you do, please pass on the link to any people who might be interested in 60s Soul
    thanks
    Larry
    Great show Larry and not just because you played two of the fab tracks from the new Brenda H album - great choices for a first play - keep on with the West Coast tracks you'll get hooked eventually

Fantastic set!
    This a set nobody here should pass on.
    Thanks Paul and everyone involved!

It's great to know it sells well too!

Keep 'em coming!

JB