[REMOVE ADS]

"This Is Why I Believe In You" Demo

A couple of people in the thread on Mary Wilson's solo debut asked me to post the demo version of "This Is Why I Believe In You." I haven't listened to this track in about five years, and really enjoyed hearing the energy and camaraderie in this session. I hope you enjoy too.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgpcD5u0A8c&amp;feature=youtu.be" data-cke-saved-href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgpcD5u0A8c&amp;feature=youtu.be">

This is it! Thank you............................!

Quote Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
    A couple of people in the thread on Mary Wilson's solo debut asked me to post the demo version of "This Is Why I Believe In You." I haven't listened to this track in about five years, and really enjoyed hearing the energy and camaraderie in this session. I hope you enjoy too.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgpcD5u0A8c&amp;feature=youtu.be" data-cke-saved-href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgpcD5u0A8c&amp;feature=youtu.be">
    Hot damn! Thanks Thanks 🙏. Did you ever work at the Motown Museum?

These were some singing sistas!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Hot damn! Thanks Thanks . Did you ever work at the Motown Museum?
    No, but it would be a dream come true.

Love it. They never quite got that moan together lol.

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Love it. They never quite got that moan together lol.
    They did for the finished product! LOL! Those ladies were workin'!

Here's the complete song:

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Here's the complete song:

This Soul Train performance was the first time I ever heard this song, and the first time I saw MSC perform together. It's remained one of my favorites.

I thought it was an odd choice for soul train but it worked.

I know this song isn't a favourite of many, but I really like the gospel feel of it, and its high-octane performance is quite a rush.

This Soul Train performance was the first time I ever heard this song, and the first time I saw MSC perform together. It's remained one of my favorites.
    The girls were really dancing 💃. But Mary can really move.

It shocked me at first, but then I liked it a lot. It was like Gospel at a Sanctified Church. I first saw them perform it on Bandstand, then Soul Train. I bought the album later on.

The girls were really dancing ��. But Mary can really move.
    Now that was a great group of Supremes!

Thornton, Thanks so much for digging this out and posting. I've never heard it before and love it!! It's further evidence of the talent and creativity that these 3 women have.

This was next to least favorite song on the album and I remember having this discussion with several of the folks at the time. In my opinion and I will say it again, this could have been a great song but its with out "story". The ladies never say why they believe. They keep saying this is why but I am left thinking I don't know why they believe in that man. Again, my opinion and a song without a story.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Now that was a great group of Supremes!
    And they started to make musical history right out of the gate.

And they started to make musical history right out of the gate.
    Mary, Cindy and Scherrie were tremendous! They looked good and could sing their faces off! Motown's focus should have been on them heavily in 1974, 1975 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    This was next to least favorite song on the album and I remember having this discussion with several of the folks at the time. In my opinion and I will say it again, this could have been a great song but its with out "story". The ladies never say why they believe. They keep saying this is why but I am left thinking I don't know why they believe in that man. Again, my opinion and a song without a story.
    "You do without knowing what keeps my mind blowing" is probably why they believe.

I loved this song the minute I heard it on the LP. I thought it was the best track on there. Still think it's one of their best tracks. Glad to see that they did a few performances of it since I had stopped watching Soul Train and other "Bandstand" type shows by that time.

I think this one is ok. but not sensational. I think Scherrie should have had more lead prior to the ending. But I don't think it's the worst song on Sup 75 [[that going to Where Is It I Belong - just inane lyrics). I think there are other things, like I Can Never Recover, that are better songs.

I agree ......... if you would of had Scherrie do more songs like IGLMHDTW with Susaye coming in between riffs I thing this group would have been over the top.