[REMOVE ADS]

Australian woman shot dead by police in Minneapolis

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Media is tiptoeing around the obvious racial issues of this situation. The fact that the shooter is the first Somali on the force has a lot of the typical "Blue Lives Matter" crowd doing somersaults trying to figure out who to target for their usual hate. And the cops can't throw him under the bus after looking the other way after years of ignoring the times when white cops killed minorities with zero consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Media is tiptoeing around the obvious racial issues of this situation. The fact that the shooter is the first Somali on the force has a lot of the typical "Blue Lives Matter" crowd doing somersaults trying to figure out who to target for their usual hate. And the cops can't throw him under the bus after looking the other way after years of ignoring the times when white cops killed minorities with zero consequence.
    Yep, like the NRA was dead quiet about the Castile case until they were embarrassed into making a statement. The famous Chinese curse of "may you live in interesting times" has come home to roost.

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    I saw the headline on the tv screen while I was in the gym reading GLOBAL OUTRAGE AS UNARMED WOMAN IS KILLED BY POLICE ...not to think light of the situation but I was thinking where was the GLOBAL outrage with all of the other killings of unarmed black men killed by police. My heart goes out to her and her family but I'm just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Oh they've already decided who's side they're on in this case. He's already been called everything but a child of God. The boyfriend of the woman has already called it a homicide.

Police in this country need some serious retraining.

I've seen many comments in yahoo calling thus cips every name in the book. Bearing in mind that there are the same ones defending the cops when a black man get shot by the cops. Talk about hypocrisy.

Yeah, I saw a tweet from a guy saying that this is why you should never make "diversity hires" on the police force. The same rat has tweeted many times that Black people need to start obeying the law if they want to stop getting shot. Suggestion is clearly that only White men should be cops and that while Black victims deserve it, White ones should get the benefit of doubt.

Truly another tragedy. CNN just reported video of cops planting evidence in another case!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Truly another tragedy. CNN just reported video of cops planting evidence in another case!
    That is what it is...a tragedy, not a crime.

The Minneapolis police chief is promising to make sure justice is served. Those are words not normally used in the other police abuse cases. Normally, they say they will investigate to get to the bottom of what happened. Then there is a year long closed investigation before that come back and say the officer's actions were in accordance with department policy. "Trust us."