[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson - You Can't Hurry Love

They commentators are clearly both very young but he definitely knows the words...and the moves! LOL

Oh by the way...congrats to Mary on the Grammy nomination

I enjoyed that clip very much.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Oh by the way...congrats to Mary on the Grammy nomination
    Mary wasnt nominated for a Grammy. Her song You dance my heart around the stars was being considered to be placed on the Grammy nomination but it never got on the list and was never on the official Grammys nominations.

Roberta

So did I...very much so.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Mary wasnt nominated for a Grammy. Her song You dance my heart around the stars was being considered to be placed on the Grammy nomination but it never got on the list and was never on the official Grammys nominations.

Roberta
    Oh..thank you for the clarification. I thought I heard Mary say something like that but I wasn't too sure.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Oh..thank you for the clarification. I thought I heard Mary say something like that but I wasn't too sure.
    She'll have more chances I am certain. BTW thank for posting that video theboyfromxtown, much appreciated.

Thanks John
    I appreciate Mary and You for sending the clip. YCHL is not a good song for Mary's register in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Thanks John
    I appreciate Mary and You for sending the clip. YCHL is not a good song for Mary's register in my opinion.
    She did a great job!

Thanks John
    I agree. Doesn't sound good to me. Mary sounds good on ballads but does not sound good on the Diana lead songs of the Supremes. This is also my opinion.

I thought she sounded great singing a song she recorded over 50 years ago. She is a very versatile singer. Diane does not sound good on the Diana lead songs anymore. Haven't you seen her recent concert clips on Youtube? She also can barely move around now.
    Last edited by marv2; 07-13-2017 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I thought she sounded great singing a song she recorded over 50 years ago. She is a very versatile singer. Diane does not sound good on the Diana lead songs anymore. Haven't you seen her recent concert clips on Youtube? She also can barely move around now.
    That's not what all the critics and reviews are saying about her recent shows. And believe me Mary isn't a small thin woman anymore either. Both her and Diana are in their 70s and do fine moving around on the stage!

Thanks for posting. Out of all the Supremes, Mary is the most charasmatic. She has a great attitude and personality.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Thanks for posting. Out of all the Supremes, Mary is the most charasmatic. She has a great attitude and personality.
    also the best looking.

Thanks John
    I totally agree. I cringe when Mary attempts to sing an old Supremes song when her voice is quite simply not suited to that type of tune. She sounds much more at home on a ballad, and i suspect she feels that way herself. She told me she is obliged to perform a few Supremes songs by the promoters, particularly in overseas shows. I would rather listen to her perform jazzy style numbers , but i do understand it is the Supremes tunes that help her maintain her lifestyle. Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    That's not what all the critics and reviews are saying about her recent shows. And believe me Mary isn't a small thin woman anymore either. Both her and Diana are in their 70s and do fine moving around on the stage!
    I have met both Diana and Mary for face to face interviews over the past 4 months, and believe me neither lady is thin these days. They both looked fine to me. Diana was more contented than at any other time i have known her in almost 30 years, and whilst it was only the third time i had met Mary face to face she seemed at peace with herself. Neither lady was thin and i would say that both looked pretty darn fine for their age so let us not start something unpleasant again here please. Cheap jibes about weight issues are not at all necessary. You have got it right vgalindo with your accurate observations.

Where are fluid phrasing, sophisticated elegance, lightness ... For a lady whose aim is to keep alive the spirit and soul of the Supremes, she is all wrong. She turns this classic into an average song of the sixties.
    I saw her doing a Streisand number, "How Lucky You Can Get" and she did it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I have met both Diana and Mary for face to face interviews over the past 4 months, and believe me neither lady is thin these days. They both looked fine to me. Diana was more contented than at any other time i have known her in almost 30 years, and whilst it was only the third time i had met Mary face to face she seemed at peace with herself. Neither lady was thin and i would say that both looked pretty darn fine for their age so let us not start something unpleasant again here please. Cheap jibes about weight issues are not at all necessary. You have got it right vgalindo with your accurate observations.
    Thank you Bluebrock. It makes no since in bringing up the weight of one over the other when both of them are about the same size today and look damn good at their age.

I have met both Diana and Mary for face to face interviews over the past 4 months
    Looking forward to learning about this upcoming project, Bluebrock. I remember you mentioning several months ago that you had also interviewed Jean Terrell. Please keep us posted on this upcoming Supremes project.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Looking forward to learning about this upcoming project, Bluebrock. I remember you mentioning several months ago that you had also interviewed Jean Terrell. Please keep us posted on this upcoming Supremes project.
    I have been very fortunate to interview the great Jean Terrell a couple of months back. She afforded me three glorious hours and after a rather strained first half hour Jean really relaxed and told me some fascinating stuff about her time with the Supremes. She had previously rebuffed all my previous attempts to gain an interview and admitted this would probably be the final interview she would ever give to anyone. I am not quite sure how i am going to proceed with all this information but i learnt stuff i never previously knew, and had stuff confirmed to me that i always suspected had occurred.
    I also met Lynda who may well turn out to be my favourite ever Supreme. She was fantastic company and had some very strong opinions!! I adored her.
    So that is four Supremes i have met in four months. Wonderful stuff. I have no plans to interview Scherrie and Susaye as they do not fall within the remit of my proposed project, but all in all it has been a very satisfying year for me on a professional capacity.
    I will keep you posted. Thank you for the interest.
    Last edited by Bluebrock; 07-15-2017 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Not finished my post

I have been very fortunate to interview the great Jean Terrell a couple of months back. She afforded me three glorious hours and after a rather strained first half hour Jean really relaxed and told me some fascinating stuff about her time with the Supremes. She had previously rebuffed all my previous attempts to gain an interview and admitted this would probably be the final interview she would ever give to anyone. I am not quite sure how i am going to proceed with all this information but i learnt stuff i never previously knew, and had stuff confirmed to me that i always suspected had occurred.
    I also met Lynda who may well turn out to be my favourite ever Supreme. She was fantastic company and had some very strong opinions!! I adored her.
    So that is four Supremes i have met in four months. Wonderful stuff. I have no plans to interview Scherrie and Susaye as they do not fall within the remit of my proposed project, but all in all it has been a very satisfying year for me on a professional capacity.
    I'm glad the Jean interview went well, and Lynda also. I look forward to the results -

bless you my dear friend and know im going to be first in line to buy your book.

fondly,

Roberta

I have no plans to interview Scherrie and Susaye as they do not fall within the remit of my proposed project.
    It would be wonderful if you could interview Scherrie and Susaye in the not too distant future. It would give you scope to put together a "The Supremes: In Their Own Words" project that spans the group's entire life. I understand Cindy has been facing health challenges but it would be great to hear her side of the Supremes story as well. Obviously, Florence Ballard's participation could only be through archive interview content.

As much as I try and try to like her voice, and Lord knows I have, It just doesn't cut it for me. Her attempts at ad-libbing and/or embellishing on the lyrics are just off.

Nice try though....