[REMOVE ADS]

Lionel Richie Demo - Endless Love

Much as I do love Diana Ross, as far as "Endless Love" is concerned I much prefer to listen to Lionel Richie's demo version than any other.

I love the rawness of it and the tone of Lionel's voice throughout. The demo was released on a CD re-issue of his first Motown solo album as a bonus track.

Just gorgeous to my ears!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...1745&FORM=VIRE

I like Lionel's solo version of the song too, mystery. Very nice.

Can't beat the duet version though for me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Much as I do love Diana Ross, as far as "Endless Love" is concerned I much prefer to listen to Lionel Richie's demo version than any other.

I love the rawness of it and the tone of Lionel's voice throughout. The demo was released on a CD re-issue of his first Motown solo album as a bonus track.

Just gorgeous to my ears!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...1745&FORM=VIRE
    I love it too! I prefer it to Diana's solo version, and probably like it at least as much as the duet version.

I don't think I've heard this version before. The song works just as well as a solo, though I'm finding it difficult to unhear Diana Ross's part in my mind.

I know that this is just a demo but this is boring.

I think this is my favorite version - I don’t care for any that much.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    I'm finding it difficult to unhear Diana Ross's part in my mind.
    Same as me 144man - the duet is the best version by far for me. Some songs are just perfect as a duet. Similarly, I find Diana's version of You're All I Need to be to lack the feel of Marvin and Tammi's version.

I think it's pretty good for a demo, but not as good as the duet version. I believe Diana was originally meant to sing the first verse of the duet.
    I quite like the Luther Vandross version as well.... I think Diana's solo version is bloody awful. She strains for the notes and the music sounds like something you would hear expect to hear in an elevator.

I really don't care for it at all. The duet version is the ultimate version IMO.