[REMOVE ADS]

‘True Blood’ Star Nelsan Ellis Dies at 39

Very sad to read this yesterday. A fine actor. RIP.

LaFayette was easily the only reason to watch that show. He, along with Omar from "The Wire" broke the stereotype of gay male characters on American TV by both being absolute badasses. I suspect that many of the most anti-LGBTQ personalities rooted for them. Ellis was probably typecast for his role, which likely cost him money with the inability to get cast elsewhere. It's truly sad that he died at such a young age. RIP.

He also played Bobby Byrd in the James Brown biopic "Get On Up" in 2014.

I should have remembered that, Marv. I didn't care much for the movie but he and Chadwick Boseman both did good jobs. I read today that his heart failure was a complication of withdrawal from alcoholism. That makes it sadder, somehow. This guy was a generation behind you and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I should have remembered that, Marv. I didn't care much for the movie but he and Chadwick Boseman both did good jobs. I read today that his heart failure was a complication of withdrawal from alcoholism. That makes it sadder, somehow. This guy was a generation behind you and me.
    This type of thing is the reason I thank God for each day.