[REMOVE ADS]

Love Train-Sound of Philadelphia PBS special-Help

Great show but maybe someone can explain to me--who was woman who sang lead on Aint No Stoppin Us Now-the Three Degrees and someone else also singing along. No one was introduced for this song-odd. And who was the guy who sang lead on Me and Mrs Jones??[[Bunny Sigler?) Where was Billy Paul? Odd and then GC Cameron singing Spinners song. Band was fantastic. OJays fantastic though I Eddie sweating so much I was concerned!
    Last edited by luke; 01-23-2011 at 12:14 AM.

That was Ms. Jean Carn on lead!!

Jean is one of the most overlooked and underated singers in the business, has been for SO many years, now. I was surprised
    this past december to see her and her former husband Doug back together again working. I've been watching to see what comes out of it and I hope that PBS special shows up on dvd one day...

topdiva1 Guest
    That was the great Jean Carn with The Three Degrees.

Thx--who sang Me and Mrs Jones? When was show taped?

I was searching for a reasonably priced copy of Jean Carne's 'Closer Than Close: Best Of'' and found them really expensive. I finally found one for under $15.00 from Philadelphia International Records. Jean Carne is indeed talented and very, very underrated.