[REMOVE ADS]

Adele Will No Longer Tour!

Can you believe this? Just two weeks after Aretha Franklin announced that her recent concert in Detroit may be her last one for her hometown[[after more than 57 years) this person announces she will stop touring. Unbelievable!

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/adel...175244101.html

To be fair, Adele is more of a pure creative artist than a performer. She enjoys the creative process of writing and recording her own songs. I think that's where her genius lies. She's made and will continue to make amazing music, which has outsold all of Beyonce's latest albums. Adele is not one for fame or celebrity. I get the sense she prefers being behind the scenes and enjoying a normal life with her family. All the power to her, if she chooses to do that. She definitely doesn't need the money and doesn't want the attention. I say live your life in whatever way makes you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    To be fair, Adele is more of a pure creative artist than a performer. She enjoys the creative process of writing and recording her own songs. I think that's where her genius lies. She's made and will continue to make amazing music, which has outsold all of Beyonce's latest albums. Adele is not one for fame or celebrity. I get the sense she prefers being behind the scenes and enjoying a normal life with her family. All the power to her, if she chooses to do that. She definitely doesn't need the money and doesn't want the attention. I say live your life in whatever way makes you happy.
    You have hit the nail on the head carlo!I have known Adele for around 12 years and she is a real home bird. She is never happier than when she is watching tv at home with her family, or down at the local pub.
    She will continue to do the odd live show here and there, but will probably not do a full scale tour again. She has been on the road for 15 months performing all over the world. She loves performing on stage, but she is not comfortable with the constant travelling.
    She will release a new album in 2019 or 2020 but will only perhaps do a handful of UK gigs to promote it. She is very happy with her lovely family and that is the most important thing.
    Last edited by Bluebrock; 06-30-2017 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Not finished my post

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Can you believe this? Just two weeks after Aretha Franklin announced that her recent concert in Detroit may be her last one for her hometown[[after more than 57 years) this person announces she will stop touring. Unbelievable!

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/adel...175244101.html
    Well, not touring can work for Adele. One of favorite artists, Steely Dan, did not tour [[from 1975-1994) and they managed to keep their popularity.

Adele is in her 20s. I imagine she will tour at some point in the future a la Cher.

Now she's cancelling shows due to vocal chord damage.....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/...D=ansmsnnews11

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Now she's cancelling shows due to vocal chord damage.....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/...D=ansmsnnews11
    Indeed. I was due to see her in London last night but the shows had to be postponed. She is hoping to reschedule but i suspect they will be cancelled. She has been told to rest her voice for several months to avoid permanent damage.

Adele is getting a lot of bad publicity for cancelling. Tickets were not the only cost for some fans. Seems that are a lot of people that bought train tickets and hotel fees in advance and are not refundable.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Adele is getting a lot of bad publicity for cancelling. Tickets were not the only cost for some fans. Seems that are a lot of people that bought train tickets and hotel fees in advance and are not refundable.
    That's one of the downsides of basing a trip around a concert. I do it often when I go to NYC. Most of the time I have been lucky. But there have been some occasions when the artist has postponed or cancelled their show and I have to find something else to occupy their slot [[s). Being that there is so much to do in NYC, it isn't that hard but it is still disappointing.

If the woman has damage her vocal cords and her doctor says shes got to rest then rest she must do. We dont want her ruining her voice forever.

Was that album ever dropped? Plans for 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Was that album ever dropped? Plans for 2020?
    Not sure what is going on. She has been writing songs, but i do not know if she has actually been in the studio as yet. Adele will do her own thing at her own pace. She may well release new material in 2020. Only time will tell.